• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian - new screenshots and footage (IGN preview)

brau

We need "It's Happening" Bunker gif!!!!!!

445.gif

Ydelnae

After all the years praying that this game was re-revealed/announced at Sony's conferences, when I found out that IGN had a TLG preview two weeks before E3 all I could think was: couldn't they wait until Sony's conference? lol

I don't want to watch too many footage because I'm sure there will be a trailer at the conference and ICO and SotC were games that you had to play without watching anything in order to get the experience right.

Skeeter49

It took me a second to process this when I saw it on Twitter. IGN tweeting at 7:00 that they played 45 minutes of The Last Guardian, it was a very weird time to reveal that. Seems a 2016 release is more and more in the realm of possibility, especially since they played it.

D-Man

Holy shit it's actually happening. I'm not gonna watch the footage but this made me really happy. Can't wait for this!

Simo

I see. That's awesome. Kinda awesome to give us a carrot on a string before E3.

Yeah, completely random and sudden too given the EDGE cover reveal today and them doing the IGN: First for FFXV. So this plus IGN hosting 2K's Mafia III E3 panel and I guess I gotta pay more attention to IGN over the next few weeks. lol

First screenshot already looks spoiler territory. What am I to do? I'm so hyped yet I know Team Ico games are best experienced going in as blind as possible.

Tohsaka

I'm glad it's finally releasing this year, not going to look at any more media from the game after this article until it comes out.

Simo

After all the years praying that this game was re-revealed/announced at Sony's conferences, when I found out that IGN had a TLG preview two weeks before E3 all I could think was: couldn't they wait until Sony's conference? lol

I don't want to watch too many footage because I'm sure there will be a trailer at the conference and ICO and SotC were games that you had to play without watching anything in order to get the experience right.

Unless Sony has so much to reveal at E3 that they could spare to shed more light on titles via EDGE and site coverages...Oooooooooh! Gimme dat Red Dead..

Still utterly bonkers that TLG went dark after E3 and now in the span of less than a day we've gotten a cover exclusive feature, new screens and now more coverage and footage!!

jett

D-Member
Well, kind of. The Last Guardian’s story is framed by an enjoyably sonorous narration – the player character recounting events as an older man - so we get overt hints about what to do next.

Trico dies confirmed.

You just spoiled, sons.

OP, you might want to clarify that the article basically spoils the opening scene of the game. Wish I had known that ahead of time.

I opened the article before OP's spoiler edit (thanks for adding it in, though, OP!), and it does spoil the opening, unfortunately, which I wasn't expecting.
So if the kid survives the events of the game to become the narrator...pleasedon'tkillTricodon'tkillTricodon'tkillTrico. Better idea, boy and catbird retire to the Bahamas to drink cocktails, best ending ever, 10/10, you can totally use it, Ueda. I think the game should automatically come with lifetime supply of tissues/Kleenex/whatever the fuck as a pre-order bonus, 'cause I'll probably need it regardless.

To the TLG brotherhood us the XV brotherhood have always supported you guys! We know the pain, the tears, the years gone by. It's happening! Rejoice it will be an awesome game!

Trico has come to.

So what you're implying is, who cares if something looks bad as long as you've waited for it long enough? What kind of rationale is that?

There's MN9 level of bad and there's this.

This looks above a PS3 with extra detail and IQ, that's enough for me.

Is also accompanied by a nice artstyle, unlike...MN9 for example, which is truly bad looking in every sense.

After ICO and SOTC which are two of the more unique, beautiful experiences on gaming, yeah, I can forgive the game not being U4 level of graphics.

Twix

Graphics look incredibly outdated. The boy has zero facial features.

I feel like sony wants to release the game just to be relieved of its burden.

So what you're implying is, who cares if something looks bad as long as you've waited for it long enough? What kind of rationale is that?

A big part of the hype around this game is almost like a meme, just the idea of it being playable has people shitting their pants after so long in development. Even if it comes out and its kinda half-baked walking simulator with PS3 visuals, its got legacy and history behind it.

Top Bottom