• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian - new screenshots and footage (IGN preview)

Boke1879

I'm watching the video now. The images are just horrible caps. The game looks much better.

Yup and while I still don't think the game is going to blow us away visually. Especially when we have Uncharted 4 and have seen games like Horizon. In motion it looks beautiful and I'm hoping for a smooth experience and something aesthetically pleasing.

Ydelnae

Unless Sony has so much to reveal at E3 that they could spare to shed more light on titles via EDGE and site coverages...Oooooooooh!

I was thinking about this. But TLG is just one of those titles that you just wait until E3 to show it. They haven't talked about the game for months and now surprise, it's still a 2016 game and they have new locations and gameplay mechanics to show. Not that I' mad about it, at least the game will build hype from now until E3, and then until the release.

Rob85Fr

Neo Member
After all the years praying that this game was re-revealed/announced at Sony's conferences, when I found out that IGN had a TLG preview two weeks before E3 all I could think was: couldn't they wait until Sony's conference? lol

Same, that's sounds very weird to do a in depth preview on a myth game like this one, it's like... "De-hyping" the thing a little bit. A written EDGE preview it's totally normal I think, it's even hyping the thing a bit more, but I don't know about this IGN move. Seems bizarre from Sony to do this.
Moreover, I think it's a game based on feelings, sensations, etc... Showing even a little bit of footage before the mythical and meticulous thing which is the Sony E3 conference is quite strange.

Was SoTC even considered for its graphical prowess during its time?

I dont care at all how the game looks. It looks plenty fine to me. Just run at a solid framerate and nail those animations, and I will melt into butter.

Seriously, the animal animations look so good, and I dont know a single game that is like it. I am so excited.

Really hope it wins GOTY and sells very well. Id love to see this game come back from the dead and just take it.

jmaine_ph

Yup and while I still don't think the game is going to blow us away visually. Especially when we have Uncharted 4 and have seen games like Horizon. In motion it looks beautiful and I'm hoping for a smooth experience and something aesthetically pleasing.
Exactly. At this point we just have to be happy that it's real and hope it's a great game.

Vire

Is there another video player? My laptop can't run this shitty piece of shit IGN player for whatever reason properly.

jett

D-Member
If the older man sounds like Emon...Holy shit !!!

emon.jpg

Honestly though, the narration feels like a crutch,as described by IGN. I guess there are certain aspects of the game design or of certain objectives that they couldn't manage to properly communicate to the player organically.

The animation is what's going to separate it. If you watch the video of the impressions they say that the quality of the animation for the boy and Trico is peerless.

I'm assuming that one of the main goals for Ueda is to create some sort of deep emotional connection with this Hippogriff like creature but it's so darn ugly that I just don't see how I'll feel and or care for this thing.

I have no doubt Ueda will pull this off, especially with this creature's mannerisms -the few times I've seen the thing in action, it's very dog like and I love dogs- but something inside me wishes the creature looked more puppy like.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I was going to say, for those judging off the screens, even just watching a bit of the video, the part that impresses me are the animations. There's a lot of detail going on in the world and characters movements.

Gurish

Should I watch it or not.

Should I watch it or not.

Who am I kidding, I won't hold without media until release, watching.

Not gonna' watch this. Going in as blind as possible.

Man, I really hope Bluepoint ports over their Ico/SotC Collection to PS4. We need all three games on a single platform.

TrueBlue

I gotta say, the E3 demo really did nothing for me. Might have been the fault of the pacing, but I wasn't particularly engaged. Plus, the boy's voice is going to get annoying very quickly if that demo is anything to go by.

Still, as someone who has only heard about Ueda's brilliance and not experienced it, I'll definitely be keeping my eye on it. Intrigued to see more. Will watch later.

Boke1879

The animation is what's going to separate it. If you watch the video of the impressions they say that the quality of the animation for the boy and Trico is peerless.

Yup. I watched the videos they showed it looks much better in motion so I'm not worried. I'm just wondering if those images are just horrible caps.

Like some are saying. I hope it's a great game. Insane visuals won't save it if it doesn't match up to the previous games. I don't even care how much this sells and I'm sure Sony have their expectations in check for this as well.

Muffdraul

Was SoTC even considered for its graphical prowess during its time?

Serious question? Yes it was, very much so. It was generally regarded as biting off more than the PS2's GPU could chew. 10 years ago a lot of people said it should have been pushed back to PS3 the same way Ico was pushed from PSX to PS2. (key difference being, Ico was never publicly previewed for PSX)

meanspartan

It looks like a Ps3 game, right down to the brownishness and washed out look.

But it more or less IS a ps3 game isn't it? If it's good, I'll be happy with it.

Top Bottom