• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remedy now expanded into two teams; two new games in development; has new partner

http://www.remedygames.com/state-of-the-studio/

As for the future, we have some very exciting news to share. Moving forward, we want to create more games and hopefully get them out more often. In order to achieve this, Remedy has expanded into two game development teams.

For a while now already, we’ve been developing a brand new Remedy game with a new partner. Our second team is working on an early concept, which will turn into another Remedy game sometime in the future.

We can’t wait to show and tell your more about these new projects, but if there’s anything we’ve learned from the past, it’s that we should have the patience to announce games when they’re ready enough. So don’t expect us take the stage at E3 or gamescom this year.

Alan Wake is not one of the games
Finally, we feel that it’s important to set the expectations right and let you, the fans, know that neither of the two projects currently in development is an Alan Wake game. We’re working on something else, but at the same time we’re exploring opportunities in other mediums to tell more Alan Wake stories.

Not VR or mobile:
Also, we are not working on VR games. Lots of us at @remedygames like VR, but its not for us right now.

https://twitter.com/RiotRMD/status/740547755194613760

@MoertelTweet The mobile team was integrated into the dev team quite a while ago, so there are no mobile projects at Remedy for now.

https://twitter.com/RiotRMD/status/740552926834372608

Hmm a new partner, I wonder who that is. Sounds like MS might have dumped them?

Source says they are NOT working on Alan Wake 2.

Montresor

This is such awesome news! I was honestly soooo worried that Quantum Break's disastrous sales may have killed the studio. But they are EXPANDING into two studios? And they have TWO games in development?

If it's not Alan Wake 2 then at least don't partner up with Microsoft because I want to buy this game anywhere but the Win 10 store.

I'm not expecting to ever be playing an Alan Wake sequel. Oh well. I loved Quantum Break, so I'm more than happy with new stuff.

kami_sama

Alan Wake is not one of the games

e2f26d7d483184fbd6a960765e9e2a98ec9b91084eb7583f9617957a3ca61d0f.jpg

Hmm a new partner, I wonder who that is. Sounds like MS might have dumped them?

Source says they are NOT working on Alan Wake 2.

Possibly but I believe that could be a good thing. Smaller games with smaller budgets will mean Remedy will be able to be creative.

Remedy would like to announce Quantum Drake a new third person cinematic action game starring Alan Drake published by Sony Entertainment.

Meia

If no game is going to be Alan Wake, why fucking bother?

"We KNOW fans really want more Alan Wake, and we're making TWO games at once now, but neither one is Alan Wake. Why? Because fuck you, that's why."

So I take it the 'new partner' is another publisher, unless they are co-developing a game with another studio (which seems unlikely)? I wonder who it would be. I'm guessing they're still working with MS on something, also I wonder whether it's something new or a Quantum Break sequel/expansion.

Ricky_R

Going back to Alan Wake would be a bad decision financially. QB didn't really set the world on fire as far as I'm concerned, and I don't think AW would do better.

dreamfall

This is such great news! Finally, we'll see a Remedy game on all Platforms! And no more UWP for their PC games!

I loved a lot of Quantum Break - ready for new adventures!

Hoo-doo

Banned
If no game is going to be Alan Wake, why fucking bother?

"We KNOW fans really want more Alan Wake, and we're making TWO games at once now, but neither one is Alan Wake. Why? Because fuck you, that's why."

Let's not act like the entire world is fucking fiending for a new Alan Wake.

There's a small and vocal fanbase for sure, but I doubt the AW IP carries a ton of weight.

Possibly but I believe that could be a good thing. Smaller games with smaller budgets will mean Remedy will be able to be creative.

Perhaps yeah, they said both games are "AAA", though I guess that tends to get thrown about. Main thing is not having to wait 5+ years for each game, I'm surprised they've survived this long doing that. Gonna be sad not seeing Alan Wake 2 though, it sounds like the franchise will be relegated to books and miniseries or something.

Top Bottom