• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remedy now expanded into two teams; two new games in development; has new partner

"New partner." How should I read that. Safe to assume they're working with Microsoft on one game and with a different publisher on another? If they've parted ways with Microsoft entirely then that's huge news in itself.

Shame that there's no Alan Wake stuff in the works.

pastrami

"New partner." How do I read that. Safe to assume they're working with Microsoft on one game and with another publisher on another? If they've parted ways with Microsoft entirely then that's huge news in itself.

I get the impression that they've been working on one game with a new partner, but their other project is still conceptual, without a publisher yet.

"New partner." How should I read that. Safe to assume they're working with Microsoft on one game and with another publisher on another? If they've parted ways with Microsoft entirely then that's huge news in itself.

If they have then MS' exclusive output gets smaller

ps3ud0

Least they are evolving - I doubt they would have survived without some sort of shake up. Hopefully its smaller budget with shorter development time...

ps3ud0 8)

it sounds like the franchise will be relegated to books and miniseries or something.

I would not have any problems with an Alan Wake live action miniseries. Bright Falls was kinda weird and enjoyable but with a stronger narrative focus and Ilkka Villi taking the lead as Mr. Scratch and Alan Wake it could be amazing.

I think it would be in their best interest to go multiplatform to sell as many games as possible. The Witcher 3 is a good example of what multiplatform can do for a company.

The question is, what publisher will they partner up with? EA, Activision, Ubisoft are the big 3.

Quantum Break must have bombed hard...

It says in the article that it was a success, and that they have had a new partner for this new game well before Quantum Break was released. Neither of which brings me to your conclusion.

So there is a chance that new game going to be available in PS4 right ?

The odds are extremely high for that, if Microsoft is not involved. If their new partner publisher wants to make money, they will be on the biggest current-gen platform.

PS4 is also outselling Xbox One in Finland at a high margin - even some PC retail games are selling higher than their Xbox One counterparts in some web retailers. "Tier 2" never forget.

J4g3r

At first I was a little said it wasn't Alan Wake; but the fact that they're making a game not partnered with Microsoft, is great news.

It'll be great if the new partner is a third party publisher so that Remedy will finally get the biggest potential audience they so thoroughly deserve. So sad that Alan Wake and Quantum Break wasn't experienced by more people.

Failing that, I want Sony to be their partner, so that I can at least get to play their next game on my ps4.

kAmui-

Do they have GAME stores in Finland? Would be kinda weird if there was no retail outlet in their own country, but, I honestly don't know.

GameStop is the only big retailer that has stores around the country. There are other retailers, but they mostly have a store in one or two cities and make most of their business though internet.

Max Payne is not at Remedy atm or? I really want MP3 Remaster and MP4!

Hasn't been for over a decade.

derFeef

It'll be great if the new partner is a third party publisher so that Remedy will finally get the biggest potential audience they so thoroughly deserve. So sad that Alan Wake and Quantum Break wasn't experienced by more people.

Failing that, I want Sony to be their partner, so that I can at least get to play their next game on my ps4.

So you want them to get a bigger audience by just switching the console exclusivity out?
edit: I guess you mean "also" ... ?

Montresor

Actually now that I've re-read the news I am quite annoyed at Microsoft. If they've dumped Remedy as a 2nd party developer then they are idiots.

Hopefully Remedy's next game is multiplatform in that case, and not exclusive.

Theorry

"Thomas Puha ‏@RiotRMD
Also, we are not working on VR games. Lots of us at @remedygames like VR, but its not for us right now."

It's not Alan Wake or Quantum Break 2. Plus I highly doubt Quantum Break was profitable.

Like someone said. They were already working on those new games before QB released.

that was my guess. that or oculus.

i actually thought they were purchased by MS a while back and were first party. wonder if they'd ever make a multiplat game.

Isnt Gamestop publishing for smaller games though?

And I would be willing to bet that it will be a multiplat game. Something they should have been doing for a long time now to help sell more games.

At first I was a little said it wasn't Alan Wake; but the fact that they're making a game not partnered with Microsoft, is great news.

Just because they have a new partner for one new game doesn't mean they're also not working with Microsoft again. We don't know what their new game is or if the other game is still with Microsoft.

robotrock

Banned
"New partner." How should I read that. Safe to assume they're working with Microsoft on one game and with a different publisher on another? If they've parted ways with Microsoft entirely then that's huge news in itself.

I don't think they're gonna part with Microsoft

prwxv3

Actually now that I've re-read the news I am quite annoyed at Microsoft. If they've dumped Remedy as a 2nd party developer then they are idiots.

Hopefully Remedy's next game is multiplatform in that case, and not exclusive.

Quantum Break a very expensive game they tried very hard to push did not perform very well at all. It could not beat a game from series that has not done that very well over the years (Ratchet and Clank)

Bluth54

e2f26d7d483184fbd6a960765e9e2a98ec9b91084eb7583f9617957a3ca61d0f.jpg
That's exactly how I felt when I read that it's not Alan Wake 2.

Missed opportunity by OP for "Remedy talks Alan Wake,2 games in development" title. :p

Anyway, since they're technically indie, any chance of other platform makers being the "new partner", instead of publishing houses?

robotrock

Banned
Well they did visit Naughty Dog's studios and Sam Lake and Neil Druckmann have been buddy buddy of late. This was all before QB's launch too. I feel like Sony will get themselves a big win and get another thing MS had.

That would be cool. Kinda like how Insomniac rolled recently

we’re exploring opportunities in other mediums to tell more Alan Wake stories.

So... a TV serie? I'd see that

I really want another Alan Wake though, since, although Quantum Break was a great game, is not as memorable and fun as Alan Wake.

Jingo

What was all that shit about making a big deal of alan wake easter egg in quantum break and now dump it completly? Did the game fall too high for their expectations?

KingV

GameStop said they're aiming for up to $15 million in budget, and Remedy is a pretty small studio.

That's actually really interesting. I wonder if GameStop is doing this to invigorate mid-tier gaming. I'm guessing that might have been a profitable niche for them, lots of trading and preowned activity.

Top Bottom