• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 & 2.5 HD Remix could be released on PS4

Ydelnae

DengekiArt.png

"We haven't come to decision and nothing is announced yet," Yasue said. "We listen to our fans and our players and see what they think about it--and, yeah, I'm not ruling it out, but we're not making an announcement just yet."

Read more at Gamespot

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 HD Remix Final Chapter Prologue is the latest HD collection coming exclusively on PS4 which includes:
  • Kingdom Hearts HD: Dream Drop Distance, remaster of the mainline game released on 3DS which serves as a KH2 sequel, the PS4 edition includes exclusive content.
  • Kingdom Hearts X (chi) Back Cover, cinematic movie developed with Unreal Engine 4 graphics set in the events of Kingdom Hearts Unchained Chi, the game released for iOS/Android in NA last month.
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep 0.2: A Fragmentary Passage, a new playable episode built entirely on Unreal Engine 4 set between the events of BBS and KH1.

Watch the latest trailer for KH 2.8 here

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix released on PS3 in 2013. This collection includes:
  • Kingdom Hearts FINAL MIX, remaster of the expanded edition of the original PS2 game which includes new bosses, new cinematics and more content.
  • Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, remaster of the PS2 remake of the game released originally on PS2, which serves as a KH1 sequel.
  • Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (HD cinematics), a compliation of cinematics which narrates the events that happened on the game released on Nintendo DS.

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix released on PS3 in 2014. This collection includes:
  • Kingdom Hearts 2 FINAL MIX+, remaster of the expanded edition of the original PS2 game which includes new bosses, new cinematics and more content.
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep FINAL MIX, remaster of the expanded edition of the original PSP game, which serves as a prequel set 10 years before KH1.
  • Kingdom Hearts re:coded (HD cinematics), a compliation of cinematics which narrates the events that happened on the game released on Nintendo DS.

I only played KH1 and KH2 when they originally released on PS2, should I be interested in playing the remaster collections released on PS3 and PS4?
Yes, KH1 and KH2 are only two of the mainline games required to understand the full story so far. These versions of KH1 and KH2 also include new content never before seen in NA and EU territories.

Which are the mainline Kingdom Hearts games in chronological order?
Kingdom Hearts X Chi Back Cover
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
Kingdom Hearts 1
Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories/Re:Chain of Memories
Kingdom Hearts 2
Kingdom Hearts 3D/HD: Dream Drop Distance
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep 0.2 -A Fragmentary Passage-
Kingdom Hearts 3

I have a PS3, but I didn't play the remasters, should I play them before I start KH2.8
Yes.

I haven't played any KH before, but I want to. Should I wait until every game is released in PS4 before playing?
There's no guarantee the collections are releasing on PS4, as you can read at the top of the thread, Yasue says they're considering due to fan demand. If there's no announcement in a year from now, I would play 1.5 and 2.5 on PS3 and then 2.8 on PS4 before KH3.

I hope this little FAQ saves us the typical posts in KH HD collection threads.

Kyoufu

"We're not making an announcement just yet"

It's coming, but they're waiting for the KH3 marketing train to start rolling is my take on it.

Rob2K19

I'd like to point out that 0.2 BBS has cutscenes set after DDD in it so it is meant to be played after DDD. Plus, Nomura said that is the play order before KH3.

Ydelnae

If they release them on PS4, I hope they don't include any exclusive content or anything. They already are giving us a KH3 sneak peek with 0.2, and some people here bought every collection released.

Just do a FFX&X-2 HD for PS4 type of release and be done with it. Please do not make it a special release.

I'd like to point out that 0.2 BBS has cutscenes set after DDD in it so it is meant to be played after DDD. Plus, Nomura said that is the play order before KH3.
Sorry, I fixed the OP now.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Please. I don't really want to play kingdom hearts 3 without playing the others so i would like all games to be on one system

I remember when they said this back in 2014 so I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

And we need to ask ourselves: is PS4 ports worth it if it resulted in removing Simple and Clean ;-;

Elandyll

Banned
Having never played any KH but tempted to get in for KH3 after seeing people be so emotional over it, it would be a great way to entice me to dive in the series for sure.

Hellraider

Yeah, I have no doubt they are coming. A couple of months after 2.8 is probably when they'll be announcing them. Release date depends on when KH3 is coming.

Can they fucking do it and stop Pussyfooting around it. You already have 2.8, like..just do it. Like having to go back to the PS3 to play these games are going to be 😭😭😭

The Lamp

I dunno. I recall they said back in like 2007-2010 that they were listening to fans about localizing KH2FM and considering doing HD remakes of the games, and then they finally decide to get around to it at the end of the console generation. They dont seem to have any understanding of timing.

Can they fucking do it and stop Pussyfooting around it. You already have 2.8, like..just do it. Like having to go back to the PS3 to play these games are going to be 😭😭😭

You could leave your PS3 plugged in to your TV. I'm sure it has more than one HDMI port.

Kouriozan

Could? More like when.
It was pretty obvious, Nomura said he wanted the whole Xehanort saga to be available on one console after all.

Arren

I would really hope for a PS4 edition of these remasters. 1.5 is especially good and the soundtrack has been rearranged with a very refined approach. It would be a pity to let them both remain confined to an obsolete platform.

Afterwards, one can only dream of a PC / Steam release...

I wonder if one reason why they are holding back is that there is a vocal slice of the fanbase that goes nuts everytime a new remaster/mobile announcement ect. happens and no update on KH3.

But at the same time I have noticed that there has been a TOOOON of people glamoring for a PS4 release for these collections, much more so than FFX collection did. I still think it was a huge mistake not to have PS4 ports outsourced if they couldn't handle it themselves. KH1.5 would have done decently as a PS4 launchgame I have no doubt about that and having 2.5 be a PS3 exclusive in December of 2014 was just stupid.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Please do so. I have a PS4 and will for a long time. I no longer have a PS3 and I really need to catch up. I've only played KH1, CoM, and KH2, so I'd really benefit from the collection before playing 2.8 and of course 3.

Tsunamo

We've heard this same wording on stuff like 2.5 before it was confirmed, DDD getting a HD port, and here we are now. So yeah, basically take this as confirmation that it's happening eventually.

This is non-news. That's been the same answer they've given for the question for literally the last three years.

We've heard this same wording on stuff like 2.5 before it was confirmed, DDD getting a HD port, and here we are now. So yeah, basically take this as confirmation that it's happening eventually.

They were a lot less vague about 2.5. I recall someone asking about it shortly after 1.5 came out, and Nomura being like "Well, it'd be weird if we didn't, right?"

Mikey Jr.

I know it's extra cost and everything, but do it se.

I'll rebut them again, just to have everything on one console because I know I'll be able to play it again on ps5.

I think the era of no back compatibility is gone.

Of course they don't want to announce it because they want 2.8 to sell and nothing to cannibalize it.

Afterwards, one can only dream of a PC / Steam release...

Yep they are teasing especially with 60fps DDD and UE4 Aqua game that dips below 30fps

Yea they need to do it because I'm sure there are people like me who have no idea what the fuck is going on in this game anymore.

Lnds500

This is non-news. That's been the same answer they've given for the question for literally the last three years.

When asked about it Nomura literally said "the next one is KH3".

They were a lot less vague about 2.5. I recall someone asking about it shortly after 1.5 came out, and Nomura being like "Well, it'd be weird if we didn't, right?"

Hashimoto said that they would consider making 2.5 if 1.5 sold well, one month or so before 2.5 official announcement.

Top Bottom