• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 & 2.5 HD Remix could be released on PS4

Er...

FF12HD

KH 2.8

Yeah they know what they were getting really.

Anyway, 2.5 ps3 version is cancer, so I really hope they fix it for ps4.

How was it cancer? I enjoyed it, was there something bad about it I missed?

Also Kagari's post - My queen speaks, I listen with undivided attention.

KH Complete on PS4 2017's KH annual releaae. 2018 KH III. My prediction, they cant possibly put out the Collection AFTER KH III, right? Then again this is SE and nothing surprises me with them for better or worse.

CCIE

Banned
Honestly if you're a JRPG fan and only have an XB1, you're bound to have a bad time.

That's putting it lightly. There aren't really ANY JRPG's for that system with the exception of FFXV.

Andrefpvs

The Drive Form loading should be solved by default just by installing the game to the HDD, which all PS4 games do.

And I agree, it was annoying, especially at endgame where you rely on those forms a lot.

MAtgS

I will not buy these. I still have my PS3, KH 1.5 and KH 2.5. Trophies wouldn't even be an incentive for folks because they will be more than likely shared ala FFX HD Remaster.

I'd call improved load times, especially for Drive forms & D-Links, an incentive to upgrade.

It gets pretty annoying if you go into Drive Form in KHII or establish a D-Link in BBS.

Oh yeah.

That was annoying. Thanks for reminding me... Forgot that was even a thing. I mean who used drive forms and d-links excessively. Barely a problem for me, never really used them once I unlocked their respective growth abilities.

The Drive Form loading should be solved by default just by installing the game to the HDD, which all PS4 games do.

And I agree, it was annoying, especially at endgame where you rely on those forms a lot.

Guess it was never a problem for me since I barely used Drive forms and D-Links. Standard Sora with proper abilities got me through everything.

Made even worse when fighting the post-game superbosses. You stand there loading into your drive form while they get to run around and do whatever. Only fix was to pause the game as soon as you activated so it could load the form up.

MAtgS

Oh yeah.

That was annoying. Thanks for reminding me... Forgot that was even a thing. I mean who used drive forms and d-links excessively. Barely a problem for me, never really used them once I unlocked their respective growth abilities.

It's virtually impossible to beat Data-Demyx without Wisdom Form & in general they serve as free heals & instant MP recharges.

Tohsaka

Completely expected, maybe I'll give BBS another try when they get around to releasing it. Didn't get too far in the PSP version.

It's virtually impossible to beat Data-Demyx without Wisdom Form & in general they serve as free heals & instant MP recharges.

Outside of rare cases like that, and unlocking abilities, and instant heals and MP recharge - drive forms weren't anything special or needed
for regular combat. Like 80% of battles.

Qurupeke

The OP is great but unless I missed it, would it be alright to play 2.8 without playing 1.5, 2.5 or any other KH game?

I mean, people who played the games are confused, how much worse would it be?

Oh yeah.

A funny workaround that problem is to go into drive form or D-Link, pause the game for a few seconds, and then un-pause.

The OP is great but unless I missed it, would it be alright to play 2.8 without playing 1.5, 2.5 or any other KH game?

If people who played all the games are still confused they didn't pay attention. That said don't do it! Lol jumping into DDD as a first game is the worst possible thing to do

JSevere

If they do this they probably won't announce it until early next year, I imagine they want to get 2.8 out the door first.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
They better do it! I specifically didn't grab 1.5 or 2.5 on PS3 because I predicted they would be ported to PS4 eventually just like FFXIV/FFX-2.

Son Of D

I don't recall them being that bad. Then again a PS4 version installed on a hardrive would be sweet. I would def play it again.

KH2 had worse load times on PS3 than PS2 because of the extra data on the disc the console had to go through to load the correct area/drive form.

Namikaze

I'll pick these up whenever they get around to officially announcing them.

Perfect. I finished KH1.5 but never got around to finishing KH2.5 as I rarely use my PS3--ended up selling 2.5. Hopefully the PS4 versions will have 60fps support or at the very least, 30fps with more detail.

Kas

I've been waiting for a good year to replay them, sonce I really don't want to do it on he PS3 again.

Then again, Nomura said that the Final Mix games would never come to the US.

Tis not a good idea but if you dont care about the story it doesnt really matter but going backwards might make it difficult to play.

Razmos

It's only logic that they release the whole series on PS4 before KH3 is released.
2.8 HD sales would be stronger if KH1 and KH2 had already been re-released.
Yep, I'm probably going to hold off on buying 2.8 and 3 until 1.5 and 2.5 are released. It's stupid that 2.8 is being released seemingly before the previous 2 collections.

RyanW

At this point I'm fully expecting them to cancel the X1 version of KH3. At the very least I want to see 0.2 to come to X1 since that can be seen as a KH3 demo.

Gator86

I literally can't keep track of this series anymore. What the absolute fuck are they doing with these names? Casual gamers must just be completely lost the entire time people talk about these games.

Aw man let's not get crazy now. I need my Utada.

Fuck it, just replace the songs with the Orchestral version!

It'd be madness to not release these on PS4 because of two songs they use over and over. They're great songs, but let's be reasonable!

I got 1.5 on PS3 but held off on the other in hope for current-Gen release. I'm willing to hold onto hope until KH3 gets a release date.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Then you should want this. You would have 1.5, 2.5. 2.8 and KH3 all on one console finally. If you start thinking games beyond KH3 you are going to start driving yourself mad.

Some people would have said that about assembling a Final Fantasy collection on PS3, but then versus XIII moved to PS4, the XII remake people expected came later than expected, X/X-2 HD got ported to PS4, even besides the VII remake there's the enhanced port, along with the IX enhanced port. So now I guess it makes sense to assemble a Final Fantasy collection on PS4, until...

The increasing pace of this sort of thing has really made me less want to buy stuff on consoles where I know architectural changes or policy changes might break backwards compatibility.

I know KH can't come to PC because it conspicuously hasn't yet and Disney seems to have weird hangups about digital releases of the games anyway, for whatever reason, so the solution I'd normally propose elsewhere doesn't work here. It's not port begging, I'm very realistic, I'm just pointing out that the industry has conditioned me in a way that makes it less likely to buy their stuff because I don't want to get stuck in a cycle to continue paying to carry my library forward.

At this point I'm fully expecting them to cancel the X1 version of KH3. At the very least I want to see 0.2 to come to X1 since that can be seen as a KH3 demo.

It's not just a demo, but a full on important story game. The fact they give the fuck you to X1 people planning to buy KH3 with no preparation is lol worthy.

Top Bottom