• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 & 2.5 HD Remix could be released on PS4

HonMirin

Do it and I'll happily quadruple dip.

Heck, I'd even buy the final mix saga when it comes (1.5, 2.5, 2.8, 3, 3.5 and 3.9).

Blanquito

"we haven't come to a decision" sounds a lot like they haven't even started. Knowing it's SE that may not be true, but it doesn't inspire confidence

Angel_DvA

it would be great to have everything on one system but how confusing those collections are lol, "18 games" and only 2 with numbers lol, what a shit show.

NullKaze

If they gave KH1.5 and 2.5 the 60fps treatment 3D is getting, I would... quadruple dip?

3D in proper 60fps made me realise how badly I wanted 60fps KH games.

Wiz

I got 1.5 but can't play it anymore because I no longer own a PS3.

I would buy these in an instant.

I will not buy these. I still have my PS3, KH 1.5 and KH 2.5. Trophies wouldn't even be an incentive for folks because they will be more than likely shared ala FFX HD Remaster.

NateDog

If they release them on PS4, I hope they don't include any exclusive content or anything. They already are giving us a KH3 sneak peek with 0.2, and some people here bought every collection released.
You know they're gonna do it though. Or maybe that plus additional content for KHIII you can only get if you've played the full collections on PS4 or Xbox One.

Bikram

I want most of the games to be remastered/re-released for this generation as I think we will have better backward compatibility from now on.

ar4757

You know they're gonna do it though. Or maybe that plus additional content for KHIII you can only get if you've played the full collections on PS4 or Xbox One.

That'd suck considering I bought both collections this year and am up to BBS

60 fps would be all the added benefit they could use imo

Byvar

Thank god they're at least considering it now. I never owned a PS3 and I really want to play these remasters. I really enjoyed all KH games on PS2 back in the day and even played KH1FM on Proud and KH2FM on Critical, both in Japanese. Both games hold a special place in my heart, KH2FM especially, since the combat was soooo good and I loved the platforming twist it had to collect the stickers. Can't wait to replay it.

tariniel

The only reason I haven't already picked them up on PS3 is because I put the thing in the closet when I got my PS4. I could pull it out to play them but I have enough other things to play that I'd rather just wait at this point.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I bought and played through 1.5 before my PS3 YLODed, but I have to be honest I'm pretty gunshy at this point. If I'm rebuying a game, I want to buy it exactly once more and then that's it. I don't want to be strung along rebuying it every 5 years or whatever.

DPtheGod

Don't play with my emotions like that!

Here's to hoping they release ONE collection this time. Don't really want to double dip on two new games again... but, in the end, it's KH, so I know I will...

Ponn

Banned
I bought and played through 1.5 before my PS3 YLODed, but I have to be honest I'm pretty gunshy at this point. If I'm rebuying a game, I want to buy it exactly once more and then that's it. I don't want to be strung along rebuying it every 5 years or whatever.

Then you should want this. You would have 1.5, 2.5. 2.8 and KH3 all on one console finally. If you start thinking games beyond KH3 you are going to start driving yourself mad.

Jinketsu

I would buy them in a heartbeat, but I would also hope for like.. Kingdom Hearts II.9 with all three collections in one collection. I have to imagine they made "II.8" for that reason.

Zomba13

Do it. Do it now. Do it before KH3 launches. Do it and let me by all the .x compiliations as one big stupid box. I want all the relevant KH games on a single, current gen, console.

18-Volt

I'd rather have them on Vita. I'm not as lucky as some of you here, I only have 1-1.5 hours free at home a day. Having time consuming games like KH on portables could be a blessing for me.

Andrefpvs

I'll pick these up whenever they get around to officially announcing them.

Hmmm... :p

So, sounds like they're happening, but they're just not being announced for whatever reason?

I do wonder when they'd release them, though. Probably after 2.8 and before 3?

Ponn

Banned
I'll pick these up whenever they get around to officially announcing them.

*Iseewhatyoudidthere.gif*

I either want these out with plenty of time to replay everything before KH3 or I want a really kick ass Collectors Edition of KH3 that also comes with all of these that stores in the nose of a Mickey in black garb with keyblade statue that stands 4 feet tall and does his laugh whenever you open the nose to get a game out.

Zhao_Yun

The only reason why I haven't picked up 1.5 and 2.5 for the PS3 yet is because I am hoping for a PS4 collection of all prior collections...

Elios83

It's only logic that they release the whole series on PS4 before KH3 is released.
2.8 HD sales would be stronger if KH1 and KH2 had already been re-released.

Cruxist

Clearly happening now. Before it was an outright denial, now its "no announcement today."

I'd hazard we'll get a full 3-disc compilation once 2.8 comes out.

DOWN

Banned
I would buy them day one. Once they released FFX on PS4 I decided not to buy 2.5 HD because I want it all on PS4 or nothing.

Top Bottom