• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Best of E3 2016 Voting Thread [Ends: 24th June 23:59 UTC]

BY2K

Membero Americo
Introduction
Normally, benny_a is the one doing this but unfortunately is he banned right now so I thought I'd take over this year using the same format he's been using.

This is a barometer of hands-off anticipation months before many of these games release.
The individuals that were able to get hands-on or extended demos are of course invited to participate but the results should be looked at from the perspective of information relayed by the enthusiast press or direct marketing material.

Rules
You may vote for any game or update that has an E3 presence for any reason.

We will be using the same scoring system as GAF's GOTY vote. Up to 10 games will be counted.
1. Game A ; 4 points; 2. Game B ; 3 points; 3. Game C ; 3 points; 4. Game D ; 2 points; 5. Game E ; 2 points;
6. Game F ; 2 points; 7. Game G ; 1 point; 8. Game H ; 1 point; 9. Game I ; 1 point; 10. Game J ; 1 point

Example ballot:
1. Pacman Expansion w/new character DLC
2. Pong 2.0
3. The Go and Chess collection

You may add commentary about why you choose what, as long as it's easily readable what game is placed on what spot.

Please try use the full (and correct) title of the game you're voting on. While I have followed E3 myself I may not know what you mean when you use single words or abbreviations. It just makes it easier for me.

Deadlin for having your vote counted: 24th June 23:59 UTC

Wollan

Moved the post from another thread:

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn - intriguing universe with what seems like the ideal game design w/gameplay that blends action & tactics with very daunting and smart robotic foes. The music is superb and the pre-historic/futuristic vistas beautiful. The red headed heroine refreshingly non-dolled up (and amongst the 3% of games at this years E3 to feature a female lead). It has crafting and it has hacking and skill-trees and all the lovely open world RPG tropes but unlike those existing big IPs this one comes with exceptionally refined & smooth 1vs1 survival combat. Loving that the game won't be 'tutorialized' and you will have to figure out the wildlife and ecosystem by yourself.

2. God of War - the re-imagination was a huge surprise (which was doubly-surprising since a Norse-based GOW4 w/bearded Kratos was already leaked) and, like Horizon, the more I hear about the design the more spot-on it seems. This is the Resident Evil 4 moment of the God of War franchise. The whole game from start to finish being presented as a single, uninterrupted shot is my favorite new design this E3.

3. RIGS: Mechanized Combat League - colorful mix of eSports, WipEout & Tribes with sensible VR design w/large SP campaign in addition to MP. This will (hopefully) hover in the bubble of great gameplay combined with an amazing new medium.

4. Spiderman - this seems super promising, Insomniac is such a perfect pick with their attention to polished creative gameplay and witty narratives which is important for the Spiderman persona. The E3 trailer is perfectly edited and has the feel of the Sam Raimi movies. Reserving top three for games that demoed long uninterrupted gameplay but the end result here is practically assured to be very good.
Sidenote: The IP exclusivity is the largest megaton of the year.

5. Battlefield 1 - Seems to me to be DICE's shining moment which is big praise. WW1 feels fresh and the visuals are super sharp and gritty. Perfect PS4K launch game.

6. The Last Guardian - I'm expecting this game like Shadow of the Colossus to provide some glorious unchallenged peaks, a super intriguing world with incredible emotional punch while also occasionally serving some wonky gameplay. This is a legendary mythical game and it's finally releasing.

7. Zelda: Breath of the Wild - design is now closer to open-world western rpgs while still being uniquely Zelda. 'No helping hand' is great design. The landscape seems a bit sparse though and the upgrades light but it's all very polished and I'm glad it lets you do your own thing. This game might make me pick up a NX and it might be one of few games I ever play on the platform yet I may be fine with that.

8. Farpoint - Initially I dismissed this as it's a forward facing PSVR fps-shooter with generic sci-fi aliens. It's still all that but my desire has grown after seeing all the glowing E3 hands-ons impressions and further media. It looks like a great pick-up and play escapism where you're able to aim your PSVR Aim gun peripheral freely (featuring haptic feedback), squat your knees, fire around corners etc. It's a simplistic VR title but it does what it does really well it seems and having just finished and really enjoyed Edge of Nowhere (which overlaps in many ways tho controlled with a gamepad on the Oculus Rift) I'm looking forward to similar type of fun here.

9. Robinson: The Journey - Crytek delivered a really good The Climb on Oculus Rift. They understand VR well and their tech is amazing. Robinson borrows the climbing mechanics from their first VR game though here it's only segments in a larger sci-fi adventure featuring dinosaurs and potential alien life to explore. Will likely end up as one of the best PSVR launch titles.

10. Resident Evil 7 - This seems like the intriguing slow-paced horror game we used to know but now in first-person view. The full game has combat (which is needed in an RE game imo) but I'm cool with them focusing the demo on the mystery and exploration aspect. The game is also releasing relatively soon after announcement!

Honorable mention: Death Stranding - That was an outstanding trailer and tease and it has a dream team developing it. But let's be real: This game doesn't exist yet and it won't for another three years minimum. I'm looking forward to the yearly artistic update however featuring a new song for my Spotify playlist.

I don't think I have ever felt so strongly for so many E3 showings simultaneously before.

Vaga

1. God of War
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
3. Detroit Become Human
4. Days Gone
5. Death Stranding
6. Spiderman
Resident Evil 7.
8. Bound
9. Battlefield 1
10. Zelda

Hegor59

Neo Member
1. The legend of Zelda : Breath of the Wild
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
3. The Last Guardian
4. Final Fantasy XV
5. World of Final Fantasy
6. Pokemon Sun/Moon
7. Dragon Quest VII
8. Rhythme Paradise Megamix

MomoQca

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Yooka-Laylee

I guess that's it. I would've counted Pokémon Sun and Moon as my second choice, but I'm on a blackout until release.

Edit: Whoops! I forgot about Yooka-Laylee!

Armigr

1) Horizon: Zero Dawn
2) NieR: Automata
3) The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
4) God of War 4
5) Dead Rising 4
6) Resident Evil 7
7) Fe

Jamix012

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild ; After seeing actual footage for this game, it really can't come soon enough. So much more excited than I thought I would be.
2. Detroit
3. Spiderman
4. Persona 5 ; While this is easily my second most hyped game right now, the E3 showing actually soured me on a couple of things.
5. #FE ; Looks better to me than expected.

1. Persona 5
2. Shin Megami Tensei IV Final
3. NieR: Automata
4. Dragon Quest VII
5. Yokai Watch 2
6. Forza horizon 3
7. Gravity Rush 2
8. Spiderman
9. Horizon Zero Dawn
10. Fate Extella

Edit: forgot Gravity Rush 2. Sorry God of War

eFKac

1. God of War
2. Detroit Become Human
3. Horizon Zero Dawn
4. SpiderMan
5. We Happy Few
6. Watch Dogs 2
7. Battlefield 1
8. Days Gone
9. The Last Guardian
10. Forza Horizon 3

2. Horizon: Zero Dawn
3. Paper Mario: Color Splash
4. Steep
5. We Happy Few
6. ReCore

1. God of War
3. Spider-man
4. Resident Evil 7
5. Nier: Automata
6. Death Stranding
7. South Park: The Fractured but Whole
8. Persona 5
9. Final Fantasy XV
10. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

KevinCow

Banned
2. Dishonored 2
3. Horizon: Zero Dawn
4. Yooka-Laylee
5. Injustice 2
6. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
7. Paper Mario: Color Splash
8. God of War
9. Gravity Rush 2
10. Spider-Man

Cornbread78

1) Final Fantasy XV
2) Persona 5
3) NieR: Automata
4) World of Final Fantasy
5) Mass Effect: Andromeda
6) Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization
7) Tales of Berseria
8) Cosmic Star Heroine
9) Battlefield 1
10) Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

1) God of War
2) Horizon: Zero Dawn
3) Spider-Man
4) Zelda: Breath of the Wild
5) The Last Guardian
6) Gravity Rush 2
7) Days Gone
8) State of Decay 2
9) Forza Horizon 3
10) Detroit: Become Human

Lime

1. Nier: Automata
2. ABZÛ
3. Bound
4. The Last Guardian
5. Mafia 3
6. Persona 5
7. Mass Effect: Andromeda
8. Gravity Rush 2
9. Horizon: Zero Dawn

1. God of War
2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
3. The Last Guardian
4. NieR: Automata
5. Horizon Zero Dawn
6. Mafia 3
6. Death Stranding
7. Mass Effect Andromeda
8. Recore
9. World of Final Fantasy
10. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

ETA: Forgot FFXII (the precious) was still technically announced for E3.

rdytoroll

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn
2. God of War
3. Dishonored 2
4. Forza Horizon 3
5. Battlefield 1
6. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
7. Days Gone
8. Mafia 3
9. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
10. Halo Wars 2

Edit: Changed some things up

sora87

1. Gravity Rush 2
2. Zelda : Breath of the Wild
3. Nier Automata
4. Persona 5
5. The Last Guardian
6. Horizon : Zero Dawn
7. I Am Setsuna
8. Spiderman
9. Final Fantasy XV
10. Yazkua 0

2. Gravity Rush 2
3. NieR: Automata
4. Dishonored 2
5. Persona 5
6. South Park: the Fractured But Whole
7. Spider-Man
8. NiOh
9. Zelda: BotW
10. Resident Evil 7

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
2. For Honor
3. Battlefield 1
4. Fallout 4 VR
5. Scalebound
6. We happy few
7. Spider-man
8. Forza Horizon 3

2. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
3. The Last Guardian
4. We Happy Few
5. Horizon: Zero Dawn
6. ReCore
7. Yooka Laylee

I didn't really look at much more. Zelda occupied most of my mind space.

2. Death Stranding
3. Persona 5
4. Resident Evil VII
5. The Last Guardian
6. Horizon: Zero Dawn
7. Sea of Thieves
8. Gravity Rush 2
9. We Happy Few
10. Yooka Laylee

The Pope

1. The Legend of Zelda : Breath of the Wild
Looked just like pure fun. I hope the NX is cheap.
Looks amazing. Do not stuff it up Guerrilla.If as much had been shown as Zelda, who knows it might have been my number 1.
3. God of War
4. Spiderman PS4
5.Forza Horizon 3
6. The Last Guardian
7. We Happy Few
8. Days Gone
9. Mafia 3
10. Battlefield 1

1. God of War - Never been interested in GoW until now, great showing.
2. We Happy Few - Great stage demo, loving the idea behind this.
3. State of Decay 2 - First game was great, but buggy. This looks like a big improvement and Co-op
4. Horizon Zero Dawn - Looking better than ever and Feb 2017 release.
5. ABZÛ - An under water Journey, PS4s next great Indie.
6. Spiderman - Not even a big Spiderman fan but this looks great fun.
7. Sea of Thieves - Not enough pirate games, could be great.
8. Mafia 3 - This looks like it will be my next open world game.
9. GT Sport - What an improvement over the first showing, why did they not wait for E3, instead of that London event.

d00d3n

1. Zelda: Breath of the Wild ; The clear winner. I am honestly shocked by the radical departure from established design conventions in the Zelda franchise. The great showing makes me hopeful that Nintendo has a future in the console business after all.
3. God of War 4
4. Dishonored 2
5. Gwent: The Witcher Card Game
6. Nier: Automata
7. Days Gone
8. Inside
9. We Happy Few
10. Watch Dogs 2

wapplew

1. God of War
2. Horizon zero dawn
3. Zelda
4. The last Guardian
5. Gravity Rush 2
6. Persona 5
7. Spiderman
8. Nioh
9. Nier
10. Forza horizon 3

bombshell

2. Spider-Man
3. God of War
4. Days Gone
5. Battlefield 1
6. Death Stranding
7. Gran Turismo Sport
8. Watch Dogs 2
9. Resident Evil 7
10. Detroit: Become Human

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, i just love zelda and this one is looking insanely good in every possible way
2. Persona 5, Persona 4 is my favorite RPG of all time
3. Sea of thieves, Nice looking Pirates game
4. Horizon: Zero Dawn, in love with the setting
5. Battlefield 1, in love with the setting

DrWong

My top 3.

Zelda x open world x sand box x Mononoke Hime/Nausicaa x Joe Hisaishi x Chiko x gif

2. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
M&B Warband is my most played PC game so far.

3. Absolver
Fighting, online multiplayer, open world, martial arts/fantasy, deep system & great art/visual.

KZObsessed

2. God of War
3. Days Gone
4. Detroit: Become Human
5. The Last Guardian
6. Spiderman
7. Nier: Automata
8. Persona 5
9. Gravity Rush 2
10. Final Fantasy XV

This E3 was amazing!