• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ford Motors shamelessly steals official art from Firewatch

Twitter user @Babylonian noticed this and I couldn't believe it.

A Ford dealership shamelessly plagiarized an official artwork from the game Firewatch and used on their website and in their ads without permission from Campo Santo.

Cl-qFZjUsAErLdA.jpg

Cl-qGLSUoAAemVW.jpg

Sean Vanaman's Response:
NaXDuMel.png

Panic Inc's Response:
3161c91f1a9b6750c194d3205d867a43.png

Olly Moss's Response:
lOrkxTs.png

Source: https://twitter.com/Babylonian/status/747503230565769216

Mod Edit: Comparison

firewatchkoa4i.gif

rough, quick gif

it's 110% stolen art

"Idiot junior graphic designer in Marketing who doesn't understand how copyright laws or eyes work steals artwork from Campo Santo."

i mean seriously, what did they think was going to happen?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
So did this polygon writer contact Campo Santo and Ford to ensure they didn't license this imagery before trying to stir up shit?

I'm going to go ahead and assume no.

While I sincerely hope Campo Santo is making something off of a marketing deal here, I have a feeling this is just a lawsuit waiting to happen. I also get the feeling this was a single dealer, because the actual Ford corporation would never be this reckless.

Mesoian

So did this polygon writer contact Campo Santo and Ford to ensure they didn't license this imagery before trying to stir up shit?

I'm going to go ahead and assume no.

I would be somewhat shocked if that were the case.

But who knows, maybe Ford gave them a little payday.

And there it is.

Doesn't look exactly the same, it's just very similar.

...It is exactly the same. The ford one is just slightly zoomed out.

CryptiK

Is this a dealer of Ford stealing art or is this on Fords Official website, because a dealer is a very different thing.

low-G

Doesn't look exactly the same, it's just very similar.

It is literally exactly the same. Holy cow... [edit: joke post? NeoGAF needs to color code joke posts]

But it seems like just one dealership, so... sue the ad agency (teen son of the dealership owner)?

jediyoshi

It kills me there's a person out there who calls themself a designer and thought they could get away with ripping this off.

Wozman23

This, Borderlands 2. I feel like Olly could have probably already retired if he litigated every time his work was lifted.

Chris R

Was this company wide like the title makes it look like or just one dumbass in a branch office of Quirk Ford in Quincy MA that did it?

Top Bottom