• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Titan X (Pascal) announced

Which upcoming Nvidia card are you most excited for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
https://www.pcper.com/news/Graphics...res?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

No reviews yet. $1200. 12GB VRAM. Maybe, the 1080 Ti will come out this year?

igQYlEg.jpg

AmyS

Nvidia announces the new Titan X, an absurdly powerful $1,200 graphics card

Nvidia's breakneck GPU release schedule continues today with the announcement of the new Titan X, the company's most powerful graphics card yet. While the recently released $599 GTX 1080 impressed by outperforming last year's $999 Titan X, the new card goes all-out with Nvidia's latest Pascal architecture, 12GB of GDDR5X memory, and 3,584 cores at 1.53Ghz delivering a quoted 11 teraflops of performance.

The new Titan X, which Nvidia calls "the biggest GPU ever built," has 12 billion transistors in total — and you'll be paying about $100 per billion. The card will be available on August 2nd in the US and Europe for $1,200, with an Asia release forthcoming.

http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/7/21/12254488/nvidia-titan-x-pascal-gpu-announced

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I suppose this means the 1080 Ti will be 8GB, then, just like its two lesser brothers.

MGrant

Just in time for Legion.

You're going to be running Legion on three 4k displays with that fucking beast. I have a hard time justifying upgrading my 970 to any of the 10 series cards, but I can't wait for the 11 series. Going to be a serious upgrade.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Lol I haven even installed my 1080 yet

rje

man I wasn't expecting to see the new titan of the 1080ti this year... maaaaybe holidays for the 1080ti?

I suppose this means the 1080 Ti will be 8GB, then, just like its two lesser brothers.

It can't be "Titan with half memory and a couple of cores disabled" like the last two unless the ti somehow winds up with 6GB. A souped up 1080 on GP104 seems more likely if they even decide to have one this time around.

mr2xxx

Banned
Can't even get mad at the price increase. You know it will sellout and be hard to acquire for a few months.

Titans are so fucking overpriced, I envy/pity those that purchase it, but without any real judgment attached. I'll probably wait and purchase a 1080ti 2 or 3 years down the line. Currently rockin the 980ti and it's plenty for my current PC/VR needs.

wheeplash

As of this moment, Nvidia confirms that they feel like the PC crowd is their playground ... and they're gladly enjoying their game time.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
lol @ this naming. Looking forward to the marketing.

"Step up your TITAN X to a TITAN X now!"

Bleh, going with 2 x old Titan X left me in a weird spot. I might wind up holding out for Volta. Selling off two old ones to buy one new one might be worth it though - no more SLI issues to deal with.

Top Bottom