• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Titan X (Pascal) announced

Which upcoming Nvidia card are you most excited for?

Results are only viewable after voting.

scoobs

Try running Rise of the Tomb Raider with everything maxxed out on that card.

I run it just fine with my 980ti maxed out... I'm sure its even better on the 1070. Unless you consider 1440p, maxed, 75fps not very good?

r_600x450.png

YOU GUYS DONT NEED HBM. Compression algorithms are much more important!

AFAIK, HBM 1 and 2 are a bust because of the power requirements, HBM3 is the only one that can save this architecture
What are you basing this on? Can you elaborate on the power requirements?

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Would be nice if the HBM2 production would hurry the fuck up.

TITAN-XXX in 2017 w/ 16GB of HBM2 will be amazing.

Sinistral

That's it for now; we'll have a briefing where we can get more details soon, and hopefully a review ready for you on August 2nd when the cards go on sale!

Absolutely insane. Can't wait to read the benchmarks. Nvidia pulling a masterclass on production, marketing and PR with Pascal.

Just in time to rain on the custom RX 480 parade with an even bigger Halo Product effect, good lord AMD. AMD won't have an answer to the 1070 and 1080 and maybe this new Titan until Q1 next year because they're waiting on HBM2. Sketchy rumor of fall but I doubt it.

Mifec

Man what's nvidia gonna use to fuck AMD over next year? I was expecting them to release the ti like earliest Feb latest May.

Wonder if we get new stuff at all next year?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
·feist·;210914769 said:
What are you basing this on? Can you elaborate on the power requirements?

NV-HB.png

HBM1 and 2 suffer from extreme power creep the more you try and up the bandwidth beyond what is generally the maximum limit of GDDR5/X, at which point you might as well just go with that architecture and save on the costs associated with that newer more experimental architecture, hence, it doesn't get off the ground.

scoobs

Man what's nvidia gonna use to fuck AMD over next year? I was expecting them to release the ti like earliest Feb latest May.

Wonder if we get new stuff at all next year?
the 1080ti has gotta be slated for next year so they can milk the titan X for all its worth. After that... 2017 should be a pretty quiet year from Nvidia. 2018? New architecture!! Volta here we come

the 1080ti has gotta be slated for next year so they can milk the titan X for all its worth. After that... 2017 should be a pretty quiet year from Nvidia. 2018? New architecture!! Volta here we come

I don't know, there was a report about the new Titan coming out in August with the Ti shortly after. Maybe, that report was right? Who fucking knows at this point?

Mifec

T'was a joke, we don't actually know what is happening in 2017

Well ofc it's all speculation, but whether it's a titan black scenario or some new versions of enthusiast tier cards, it's what I'm getting next year, probably just get an evga hybird version and call it a day.

I'm desperate for an upgrade from my 2GB 770. I wanted to go all out and get a 1080.

Given that HBM2 will be starting mass production in a few months, 1080 is over priced right now and Titan just got announced I think I'll just get something mid range to tide me over.

Maybe an RX 480/ second hand 970, that's enough for 1080 ultra and dabbling in 1440.

scoobs

Calling it now. $750 for the 1080 Ti. $850 for Founder's Edition.

If the 1080ti is like the 980ti, in that it nearly matches the performance of its big brother, it will not only cost $100 more than the 1080. Would be stupid as hell from a business standpoint. It will be somewhere in the middle of 650-1200, so like... 850-900.

Evo X

DAY FUCKING ONE BABY!

The current Titan X has served me well, but I can't wait to upgrade to this. This should let me play any current 2D game at max 1440P and downsample like a boss in Vive VR.

kuYuri

If the 1080ti is like the 980ti, in that it nearly matches the performance of its big brother, it will not only cost $100 more than the 1080. Would be stupid as hell from a business standpoint. It will be somewhere in the middle of 650-1200, so like... 850-900.

And that's where my FE price comes from. I'm predicting 1080 Ti will be advertised as starting st $749, just like how the 1080 was advertised as starting at $599 and the 1070 at $379 for AIB cards.

In practice, we have yet to see any 1070 or 1080 at those respective prices.

Everyone wants to predict $900+ or whatever, but I'm making my own prediction and say it will be lower than that.

I can easily see EVGA Classified or water cooled 1080 Ti's hit those $900+ prices though.

Renekton

I'm guessing top Vega pricing + 100

Theres no logical reason for a consumer to care about whether or not this card has hbm. The 1080 is already mostly not bandwidth limited and this gpu has more bandwidth per flop by comparison. And if you are looking at it from a power perspective, custom boards aren't power limited either

MuchoMalo

Banned
Reminder that this is not a gaming-only card. Anyone who buys this strictly for gaming needs to reevaluate their spending habits, or at least learn to be patient since the 1080 Ti should come at $800-900 with equivalent or better gaming performance a few months later. 12GB of VRAM is weird, though. It should be 24GB.

The new 11TF Nvidia card got AMD wondering how they'll achieve that many flops but then they looked at their CPU lineup and breathed a sigh of relief

Wow I'm pretty surprised to see a big die Pascal GPU releasing already, this GPU is going to be amazingly powerful.

This makes me wonder when we'll see Volta, there was a thread a few days ago which had rumors of Volta surfacing in May 2017, my response on the rumour was:

I highly doubt we'll see Volta in May 2017 unless these are low-end to mid range products, or even mobile GPUs.

Big die Pascal is still to come. Unless the big die GPUs are going to release in the last 5 months of this year.

And now the big die Pascal GPUs begin to release in the last 5 months of this year, starting with the new Titan X being available to purchase on August 2nd.

I really hope we see AMD's Vega GPUs soon to compete with NVIDIA's offerings, I wonder if the $200 price hike of the Titan X is because of lack of competition?

Top Bottom