• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

xbox one took The top-selling console spot For july in the US a.k.a the world

Xbox One was the top-selling console for July, unseating Sony's PS4 from its long-held spot at the top.

In a statement from Microsoft ahead of next week's public NPD Group numbers, the company championed its console, saying it's "honored that Xbox One was the best-selling console in the U.S." for the month, and the hours gamers spent on all Xbox consoles across the globe "were up 18 percent" over the same period last year.

The last time Xbox One took the NPD top-spot was in October 2015. The console rode high on the back of sales of Halo 5: Guardians, but from then on, Sony remained at the top of the NPD Group's sales numbers.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/12/xbox-one-took-the-top-selling-console-spot-for-july

lol at caps fail - I just noticed that I cant change the title, I just copied and pasted the IGN title and saw it was in caps...

I'm primarily a PC gamer and have all the consoles, so no particular allegiance. In fact even though I have a xbox one, Microsoft has made it obsolete for future games in the sense that I will be buying all the exclusives on PC since it will play them a ton better. Competition is good however.

Didnt see an existing topic on this doing search...

Just a tad excited, are we?

lol I just noticed that I cant change the title, I just copied and pasted the IGN title and saw it was in caps...

I'm primarily a PC gamer and have all the consoles, so no particular allegiance. In fact even though I have a xbox one, Microsoft has made it obsolete for future games in the sense that I will be buying all the exclusives on PC since it will play them a ton better.

American system sells best in most American month.

797421732_1200263.gif

LewieP

What happened to "sales don't matter MUAs are what matter"?

Or is that only the case during months where the PS4 outsold the Xbox One?

That's what you get when you copy and paste an IGN headline lol

yeah lol, didnt realize for a bit you can change a title text - you have to be in the advanced view

edit - weird though I made the change I dont see it reflected.

ah well, will know better next time

I'm guessing this is mainly due to no major exclusives on either side, and the flurry of sales that retailers did to deplete old stock? Guessing it'll win August as well on the back of the S, though No Man's Sky might shift the numbers.

What happened to "sales don't matter MUAs are what matter"?

Or is that only the case during months where the PS4 outsold the Xbox One?

not only did they only release a press release because the xbox one was the top selling home console that month, but they go on in the exact same release to talk about xbox mau's play time being 18% up YOY

they can say "oh hey we sold more xbox ones this month, cool" without it being some sort of crazy 180

sikkinixx

I'm surprised. Even with the Xbox One S coming, with the Scorpio coming next year, I would have thought people would hold off. Guess not.

Fire sale pricing wasn't it? I know a couple people who got the system with 4-5 games for sub $300cdn

Top Bottom