• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

xbox one took The top-selling console spot For july in the US a.k.a the world

Two Words

George-Bush-Mission-accomplished.jpg

AwRy108

$250 for a console? Easy decision.

You're forgetting about the 3-5 free games (quality ones, too) that each $250 console came with. Buying an XBone in July was a no-brainer for pretty much anyone who plays console games.

That said, PS4 is definitely due for a permanent price drop--SONY would crush the market with a $250 PS4.

Wait the Xbox One S wasn't on sale during July? Damn that's surprising that Xbox One sold alot like that considering the new smaller version is just about to come out..

What got second then?

The Xbox One got second.

Despite the misleading headline, the 3DS was actually the best selling console, the XB1 was the best selling HOME console.

Kilau

Some great deals on the xbone last month. I almost bought one, but i'm still going to wait for the scorpio stuff to be full revealed.

kennyamr

so this is what a $250 price point does.
Cool, I wonder what will be the price of the PS4 after the PlayStation Meeting this Sept.
Bring both down to $199 \o/

jjonez18

August - XB1 (XB1S)
September - PS4 (FFXV)
October - XB1 (Gears)
November - PS4 (Neo/Slim)
December - PS4 (Win November you win December)

How I imagine it going down.

SOR5

I'm guessing this is mainly due to no major exclusives on either side, and the flurry of sales that retailers did to deplete old stock? Guessing it'll win August as well on the back of the S, though No Man's Sky might shift the numbers.

In other news No Man's Sky is an anagram for "Yanks? MS?! NO"

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm not surprised. Anecdotal but the Best Buy I work at sold a crapton in July because of the price deals. It's actually slowed down quite a bit since the S launch (so far0 but with the deals they had going they deserved the sales.

I think I saw one bundle for $229 with the console, 5-6 games, a second controller, and soem store credit.

Not really shocking that they sold a few units while Sony is stuck in a "wait for Neo" situation.

That said, happy more people are buying consoles. The XB1 is a great box at that price!

Top Bottom