• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Chapter 0 revealed, preview inbound (Spoilers) (Duh)

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Source

Final Fantasy XV starts with
a 'cold open', in which we see a battle worn team of familiar characters in combat with a colossal, demon-like king on a burning throne. There's Prompto, Ignis and Gladiolus glanced through the heat haze, but it's Noctis that draws the attention.

The cocky prince appears heavily fatigued and gaunt, sporting a beard and scruffy long hair. His clothing is filthy and tattered, far from the pristine image we have been used to seeing. The scene is clearly a preview of what to expect in the final stages of this future king's quest, and likely reveals how Noctis and his cohorts outwardly bear the signs of all their struggles.

More info at the link at the top. Wasn't expecting that.

EDIT:Oh shit

HmMguON.gif

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1233181

But wait there's more:

Voror

Huh so the time skip is real. Kind of surprised by that.

I do wonder now if this is a hint to how the multi game plan would have worked with each game being a different time in Noctis' life.

Ran rp

should i read the leak? If it sounds awful to you guys i'll read it but if it sounds like something that should be experienced first hand i'll hold off.

WHAT DO

Byvar

We don't actually know which leak was real though. There was a more recent leak that confirmed some of the old leak (incl. Chapter 0) but had major differences and said the rumors about the terrible state the game was in were false. Though it's been delayed now so I guess that gives some credibility to the older leak.

jett

D-Member
Can anyone explain to someone who's not well versed in the game why this is significant? What am I missing?

4chan poster leaked pretty much every significant detail (and issues) with the game months ago, including a description of the game's intro, which was exactly what this article describes.

Few towns. Few cities. Barren overworld. Awww snap.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Can anyone explain to someone who's not well versed in the game why this is significant? What am I missing?
The entire plot of the game was evidently leaked on 4chan in June, a full five months before release.

Some Nobody

There was a 4chan leak that basically said the entire game's production was a fucking mess. There's even a point that they're like only two hours were playable on PS4 and the game "barely turns on". The dude leaked a TON of plot details and this was pretty close to one of them.

Edit: I'm much, MUCH more concerned about what the leaker said WRT to Final Fantasy XVI. Like, I'd be pretty pissed at Square since I always thought the only reason they even made Versus into XV in the first place was to give themselves more time to get on a decent schedule with future FF games.

Exentryk

Haven't kept up with this game, but I'm staying well away from all this. I want to eventually play this unspoiled.

chefbags

We don't actually know which leak was real though. There was a more recent leak that confirmed some of the old leak (incl. Chapter 0) but had major differences and said the rumors about the terrible state the game was in were false. Though it's been delayed now so I guess that gives some credibility to the older leak.

Yeah both leaks do have chapter 0. So either of them could be true. Just that both had this specific one on there.

Ray Down

Banned

The 2nd leak did talk about performance, saying it was bad but team been getting better since they only been recently porting it to consoles or something.

ethomaz

Banned
The leak was true after all... at lest for these parts.

While that we will have fun with WoFF in October.

Ydelnae

Good fucking bye. Praying that Kagari is right and S-E fed false info to the leakers about the rest of the plot.

MrV4ltor

Or the 2nd leak just copied some of the 1st leaks stuff that seemed credible and added their own shit.
Imagine that.

Geg

I still don't understand how one person had access to all the info in the supposed leaks though

Armigr

I am very hesitant to believe claims made by a 4chan anon, even if they do have a degree of insider knowledge. The culture they foster on that website incentives contriving drama to create a more compelling story. That's how you get people to listen to you. It's a politician tactic as old as time.

e: Also, based on the position the leaker claims to have within the company, it makes no sense for him to have accurate knowledge of the build quality of the game to begin with.

BigEmil

I read that whole 4chan leak because I thought it was fake so I read it all anyway..now i know I spoiled myself heavy.

Kyzer

Banned
Still makes no sense that random square enix grunt would have any idea for certain as to the state of FFXVI

Oh boy. The 4chan leaks don't instill me with a lot of confidence for the console versions. Hope the 30 minute gameplay video they're releasing is from the console versions so I can judge it for myself.

Top Bottom