• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Chapter 0 revealed, preview inbound (Spoilers) (Duh)

Cancel your pre-orders if you haven't already done so.

iJG3EB4.gif

I just did.

benzy

What does it say? Without story spoilers please.

The first leaker never saw the new Noct older model. This guy did though, and mentioned stuff.

-Old / Punished[spoiler/]Noctis Great design as well as Ignis's.

-Meaty and spoilery story trailer

-The Gamescom Demo is not Trial Of Titan but Chapter 0, a jump of ten years later of the guys fighting Ifrit in Insomnia This is what they were trying to tease with the latest making off video.

>>346222624
New design.

He's older but not Old Regis old. But still, expect a pretty good design.

What i saw of him was kinda blurry, but he definitely has some slight beard going on and maybe a face scar but not sure of that.

>>346225896
Yes the leaks were real. But the guy sounded so pissed off by the way he presented things.

The 2 hours PS4 boot wasn't far from the truth but what he omitted to say was that they just recently (a couple of months ago i think) started to port everything to consoles.

Voror

Oof hadn't read the original link in a while. If that one is completely accurate then this game will perhaps end up on the same level as XIII although I heard the battle system for that was at least fun once you got into it.

Geg

What does it say? Without story spoilers please.

More confirmation about the gamescom demo being chapter 0 and other story spoilers related to the original leak.

The leaker does sound more optimistic about how the game's optimization & performance is going now though at least.

Shredderi

FFXVI will definitely happen, but if XV is a disaster, I could see it receiving a significantly smaller budget and going for a more old school, turn based approach. Which, for this series, might be a good thing.

Yeah I was reading that and thought "but that's exactly what I want" :D But yeah FFXVI will definitely happens because Final Fantasy is one of their most known and bankable IPs. They're not gonna throw that away even if FFXV, which has been a clusterfuck, doesn't deliver for them.

ZeroX03

Banned
Tabata hasn't made a single great game, he's been consistently average - which is actually tough in it's own right, it's hard to be okay let alone great - so this really doesn't surprise me. I expected the worst so I'm not all that disappointed.

People hyping themselves up for FFVIIR, temper those expectations. KH3 is the one game I'd expect to be good, they've at least honed that formula and won't stray too far.

m4st4

As soon as I finished reading that spoiler Solo appeared in my mind: 'It's true, all of it'. And there he is...damn. I'm waiting on reviews for this one.

So has anyone read the leak and said, oh man that sounds awesome, or is it all negative? Obviously performance stuff is negative but is the story at least good?

Hajime Tabata! Ain't no passing craze

It means no worries for the rest of your days

It's our problem-free philosophy

Hajime Tabata!

Ludens

Banned
So all the leaks are true, including the "2 hours playable" one...this game will be a mess. At this point I don't know if I should cancel my preorder or not.

Ydelnae

Guys, just because the leaker knows some things doesn't mean everything he said is true. He could've easily just exaggerated stuff and completely pull out of his ass others we can't check before the game releases just to shit on the game.

There were three leaks. The first leaker absolutely did this, as was said by the second leaker, TheGuy (the game didn't run that bad, the plot is actually interesting, etc). However, a third person (MarkisLucis) came into the picture with accurate descriptions for the timeskip designs that were confirmed by TheGuy, but with conflicting details about the rest of the plot, like:
wether or not Luna ends up being killed

These last two leakers said that they don't have contact with the game itself, and that someone else showed them screens/concept artwork for the game and described them the basic plot and stuff. That's why I think some details are definitely true, like
Ardyn's identity, the timeskip, etc
while others are just inaccurate information.

">>Nobody is touching it right now. There's only like 2 hours "playable" on ps4 and xbox version barely turns on. Nobody is thinking about PS4k, just porting and optimizing for PS4. Xbox build is like 3 weeks behind.
Oh come on. It would have been delayed to December or early 2017 if that were the case. Come up with more believable bulls***."

lmaoooo

and the relevance of that now is.. what exactly? that may have been the state of the game then, but its gone gold essentially now.
Yet they're still delaying it, 40ish days away from the original release?

I'm skeptical, at the very least. These leaks make more sense to me than "releasing it so we don't have to have a Day 1 patch."

Geg

So has anyone read the leak and said, oh man that sounds awesome, or is it all negative? Obviously performance stuff is negative but is the story at least good?

The bits of the story in the original leak honestly didn't seem bad to me really? Seems like typical Final Fantasy, which some people will like and others won't. I don't expect to be BLOWN AWAY though

xion4360

I was too hopeful. Was hoping they would fine tune from the platinum demo after feedback.

Platinum demo was still bare bones basic combat,,, no party member, no team moves, no menu, no specials, only a few weapons and one spell..??? thats not anything to truly judge the combat on.

chefbags

There were three leaks. The first leaker absolutely did this, as was said by the second leaker, TheGuy (the game didn't run that bad, the plot is actually interesting, etc). However, a third person (MarkisLucis) came into the picture with accurate descriptions for the timeskip designs that were confirmed by TheGuy, but with conflicting details about the rest of the plot, like:
wether or not Luna ends up being killed

These last two leakers said that they don't have contact with the game itself, and that someone else showed them screens/concept artwork for the game and described them the basic plot and stuff. That's why I think some details are definitely true, like
Ardyn's identity, the timeskip, etc
while others are just inaccurate information.

Hmm ok, time will tell with this game. I'll just go in hope for the damn best with this game. Not even mad about the story parts. Just play fucking well and I'm happy.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm still not 100% freaked about port quality and optimization. I mean I'm worried because it's incompetent SE, but having a game in shambles close to release isn't uncommon. I've heard from testers that TLoU and U3 were total messes a few weeks before going gold.

Cardon

Damn, who ever thought a core FF game, or even the long sought after FFvXIII, would turn out to be a tad messy?

Here's hoping the final product isn't a complete stumble in the end if these rumors were 100% correct.

I'm still not 100% freaked about port quality and optimization. I mean I'm worried because it's incompetent SE, but having a game in shambles close to release isn't uncommon. I've heard from testers that TLoU and U3 were total messes a few weeks before going gold.

That's NaughtyGods, this is Square "Please Be Excited" Enix.

xion4360

All Final Fantasy stories sound terrible if you read the Wikipedia plot synopsis, let alone if you condense them into 10 sentences intentionally structured to make the plot sound bad.

exactly how can you possibly get a complete picture and understanding of the events in the game if you boil it down to a few sentences.. even The Last of Us wouldnt sound great like that.

Top Bottom