• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Chapter 0 revealed, preview inbound (Spoilers) (Duh)

gossi

Can anyone explain to someone who's not well versed in the game why this is significant? What am I missing?

Somebody on 4chan, a game tester, posted details about the game which now entirely fact check (on multiple levels). He/she basically said the game is in big trouble, the map is mostly empty, there's few cities or towns, entire plot acts are being rewritten because it tests with audience badly, the game has serious performance issues etc. They also said the game has ~40 hours playable content in total, which they're trying to beef to 50 hours by adding fetch quests.

Limality

Banned
Well the leak might have been right about Chapter 0, but that doesn't automatically mean that everything else described in the leak is true as well, does it?

"How could the game be so unfinished, yet still being worked on, a few months from release?"

It's not normal. The lock for english voice recording is supposed to be in 3 weeks, but they keep re-writing lines. Everybody is nervous as f*** about Sept30 release. Expect big day 1 patch

"Will it have PS4K compatible features?"

Nobody is touching it right now. There's only like 2 hours "playable" on ps4 and xbox version barely turns on. Nobody is thinking about PS4k, just porting and optimizing for PS4. Xbox build is like 3 weeks behind

What a mess.

-Horizon-

Next gen means beards

HmMguON.gif

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1233181
Welp

Asd202

Somebody on 4chan, a game tester, posted details about the game which now entirely fact check (on multiple levels). He/she basically said the game is in big trouble, the map is mostly empty, there's few cities or towns, entire plot acts are being rewritten because it tests with audience badly, the game has serious performance issues etc. They also said the game has ~40 hours playable content in total, which they're trying to beef to 50 hours by adding fetch quests.

Welp. Eh at least Gravity Rush 2 will cheer me up and it won't be long til Persona 5!

Even if this confirms the leak, I have a real hard time believing getting FFXVI depends on how FFXV does. Even if it flops or disappoints, I can't believe Square would allow the series to hinge on a single game that's had a long, troubled and exhausting development cycle.

Ydelnae

We don't actually know which leak was real though. There was a more recent leak that confirmed some of the old leak (incl. Chapter 0) but had major differences and said the rumors about the terrible state the game was in were false. Though it's been delayed now so I guess that gives some credibility to the older leak.

But we don't want to believe that. We want to believe that this game is a mess, that there aren't many towns, that the overworld is barren and that it's unplayable. And we want the game to fail in every aspect.

Anyways, there were three conflicting leaks that later have been proven true with information that was released later. That's why I also think that S-E is trying to find who's the mole leaking information about their games/etc with spreading true info that was going to be revealed anyway by promo material and false info about the game.

Shredderi

Few towns. Few cities. Barren overworld. Awww snap.

Blergh. Well that is of course info I will have from the reviews eventually but this is the kind of thing that worried me more than any plot related thing. I wasn't feeling any of the characters at any time so that never really held much importance to me about this game. But those details about the game world are everything I feared.

Edag88

Banned
There was a 4chan leak that basically said the entire game's production was a fucking mess. There's even a point that they're like only two hours were playable on PS4 and the game "barely turns on". The dude leaked a TON of plot details and this was pretty close to one of them.
/QUOTE]

Did anyone ever archive the original page with the leak?

Tiops

With the leak confirmed, I stand by my opinion that I can't see what 2 months will do to save this shit.

I'm just happy that we have FFXIV and World of Final Fantasy.

Even if this confirms the leak, I have a real hard time believing getting FFXVI depends on how FFXV does. Even if it flops or disappoints, I can't believe Square would allow the series to hinge on a single game that's had a long, troubled and exhausting development cycle.

FFXVI will definitely happen, but if XV is a disaster, I could see it receiving a significantly smaller budget and going for a more old school, turn based approach. Which, for this series, might be a good thing.

Hanmik

so this quote from the leak..

Nobody is touching it right now. There's only like 2 hours "playable" on ps4 and xbox version barely turns on. Nobody is thinking about PS4k, just porting and optimizing for PS4. Xbox build is like 3 weeks behind

is maybe also real..? fuck me sideways.. I hope they work HARD the next couple of months... lol

KingBroly

Banned
FFXVI will definitely happen, but if XV is a disaster, I could see it receiving a significantly smaller budget and going for a more old school, turn based approach. Which, for this series, might be a good thing.

Reboot it as "The Final Fantasy" with a sequel "Rise of The Final Fantasy"

xion4360

"How could the game be so unfinished, yet still being worked on, a few months from release?"

It's not normal. The lock for english voice recording is supposed to be in 3 weeks, but they keep re-writing lines. Everybody is nervous as f*** about Sept30 release. Expect big day 1 patch

What a mess.

and the relevance of that now is.. what exactly? that may have been the state of the game then, but its gone gold essentially now.

Ketaya

Guys, just because the leaker knows some things doesn't mean everything he said is true. He could've easily just exaggerated stuff and completely pull out of his ass others we can't check before the game releases just to shit on the game.

georly

Hope this game turns out well. Any game can sound bad if all you've played are early builds and simplify the story down to 5 sentences. I'll let the final product speak for itself but the 4chan leak is super worrying for sure.

As for barren open world - duh? Not sure what else people expected. Just open fields of monsters to fight, presumably some for fetch quests. This is exactly what I anticipated for the game. It's not exactly an MMO or anything.

Top Bottom