• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two muslims women expelled from a french restaurant, called "terrorists".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Restaurant_LeCenacle_preview.jpg

In Tremblay-en-France (93), the "Le Cénacle" restaurant refuse to serve two muslims women with veil and call them terrorists. "The terrorists are muslims and all muslims are terrorists." and "People like you i don't want them in my house. End of discussion!" can be heard on the video.

The young women called the police and we don't know yet if there will be any complaint filed.

74 % of the victims of islamophobia in France are women.

The video.

The transcript:

-We don't want to be served by racists sir (in relation with a previous non-recorded comment)
-Racists don't put bombs, and they don't kill people, racists like me.
-Ok, because we put bombs, sir ?
-Madam, the terrorists are muslims and all the terrorists are muslims. This sentence explain it all. Analyse it.
-I don't need to analyze silly things
-We had killings not so long ago, ok ?
-Of course
-It's a secular country and i have the right to have an opinion
-Nothing do with secularism, and we also have the right to have an opinion.
-And people like you i don't want them in my house, that it, it's clear ?
-It's very clear.
-So go out.
-It should be explicit, if it were explicit we wouldn't had come
-Now you know it so go.
-Yes we will go, don't worry.

Rich!

eh, it's up to the restuarant. future bookings and income will prove whether they were correct or not.

I disagree with them, btw.

74%

man that is the harsh reality of it all

and what is worse are those anti feminist guys who are also Islamophobes and when they go and try to spread their hate BS

RangerX

Banned
We all knew these situations would crop up more and more often after recent events. You can feel it in the air. There is a total demonisation of Muslims occurirng now. We must rally behind them.

Judicial proceeding have been started and the owner apologised, even though I think that's just because of the backslash.

No, it is.

Really. In their state and province, they can admit who they want. Whether it is morallaly correct or not (it isn't) is another thing entirely.

Mmh, no you can't.

nilbog21

Banned
Surprising this doesn't occur more than it does in light of all the horrible atrocities that have occurred in France recently

Every day more of this shit happens to Muslims or anyone of Middle Eastern descent, it's getting worse.

Being thrown off planes for talking in foreign languages/texting in foreign languages.
Being thrown out of restaurants or refused service.
Being arrested and searched without reason at any time.

platakul

Banned
France is like christian memes where christians are discriminated against by atheists but for real and also for Muslims

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
No, it is.

Really. In their state and province, they can admit who they want. Whether it is morallaly correct or not (it isn't) is another thing entirely.

Does France not have laws protecting discrimination based on age, sex, religion or gender?
Edit:

Because I am pretty sure they do.

Every day more of this shit happens to Muslims or anyone of Middle Eastern descent, it's getting worse.

Being thrown off planes for talking in foreign languages/texting in foreign languages.
Being thrown out of restaurants or refused service.
Being arrested and searched without reason at any time.

Sounds familiar..

Rich!

eh, it's up to the restuarant. future bookings and income will prove whether they were correct or not.

I disagree with them, btw.

no, no it's not.

Judicial proceeding have been started and the owner apologised, even though I think that's just because of the backslash.

Mmh, no you can't.

Really? I have a cousin who lives just a couple of hours across the border and he says otherwise. But it depends on region, I guess? Or racism!

I really think people should drop all pretense about being afraid of attacks and just admit they hate anyone Muslim or brown. God forbid both. Because I know they know that not every Muslim is a terrorist.

Ugly, but not surprising.

I wish some people just drop all pretenses and just admit they hate anyone who is Muslim or brown-skinned. At they least they're more honest that way.

Does France not have laws protecting discrimination based on age, sex, religion or gender?
Edit:

Because I am pretty sure they do.

They have. You also can't refuse someone even if it's not based on religion/age/sex/etc.. You can only refuse service for serious issues (like someone being violent or whatever).

Ugly, but not surprising.

I wish some people just drop all pretenses and just admit they hate anyone who is Muslim or brown-skinned. At they least they're more honest that way.
It's more a perceived passiveness of Muslim (especially the traditional one) to Islamist terrorism.

You know the usual BS: fifth column, takiya, etc etc.

The government is complete useless and people lash out to perceived provocation.

It's more a perceived passiveness of Muslim (especially the traditional one) to Islamist terrorism.

You know the usual BS: fifth column, takiya, etc etc.

The government is complete useless and people lash out to perceived provocation.

I hate this attitude as if Muslims have to apologize for what people do in the name of their religion, as if all of Islam was the same.

If I remember correctly, none (or at least very few) of these terrorist acts were even commited by women.

It's almost as if people are acting irrationally...

Cyneck

Banned
If I remember correctly, none (or at least very few) of these terrorist acts were even commited by women.

It's almost as if people are acting irrationally...

I'm guessing it's because they are a lot more easier to identify as Muslims than men because of what they wear. Also, much less intimidating as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom