• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two muslims women expelled from a french restaurant, called "terrorists".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Internet shaming won't solve the problem. Calling the cops and applying the law will, and as a matter of fact that's exactly what happened.
Come on we all know how "the internet" behaves now, do you really trust the YouTube/4chan/Facebook/Neogaf community to create peace in the world ? It's all dramatic headlines, incomplete information and false shortcuts. And it's perfectly convenient to fit the agenda of the people we're supposed to fight, "see, westerners hate us muslims and harass us, come and join us so that we can fight them !".

So we shouldn't speak about terrorists acts and ISIS crimes to not fuels the agenda of the interventionists westerners who say,

""see, muslims hate us westerners and kill us, come and join us so that we can fight them !"

?

Angel_DvA

Information is selective. It goes by fad, there is always a wind blowing a certain way.
i'm sure somewhere in USA or somewhere else in Europe Muslims meet bigotry and racism right now. But news always comes in sequels, so there isn't a week on GAF without a thread about a charlie drawing, or the burkini story, and today this one. Don't you see there is a trend here ? OMG France hate Muslims, from a foreigner point of view.. So everything will be exposed more when it's from France suddenly. Charlie is anti-muslim, France is anti-muslim. Hell France actually harasses Muslims now..

Same as when Fox was speaking about no go zones in Paris.. Things are not like that. Everything is done in France to prevent things anti-muslims, to. I live near a big muslim center and cops are protecting it on Friday. Medias ? They never ever (at least the one i watch) bring the "muslim question" when there is an attack. They don't ask muslims to justify themselves or to say "we're not daesh". This is old news.

But there is clearly a desire to show France as the worst anti-muslim place in Europe. For what, To justify the attacks ?

The thing is there are racist acts everywhere, but why on an american site like GAF so many French ones are exposed so many times ? Cause that's the actual narrative..

I'm ok with this.

French people are clearly loosing any rationality...

Election gonna be fun.

6 BIG TERRORISTS ATTACK IN LESS THAN 18 months do that

and i say that as a french citizen. . All this stuff since january 2015 seriously made things worse for everyone living in france.

Things wouldn't have gone this bad if we weren't under such tension

6 BIG TERRORISTS ATTACK IN LESS THAN 18 months do that

and i say that as a french citizen. . All this stuff since january 2015 seriously made things worse for everyone living in france.

Things wouldn't have gone this bad if we weren't under such tension

It's crazy to see the power terrorist actually have.
With limited resource and with a minimum sacrifices of manpower, they can destabilize a great country like France and it's core-values.

How France will react against muslims if it was actually occupied or bombed (i mean baghdad 2003 type of bombing) by a muslim country let you wonder.
Or maybe when the violence is really intense, there is desensibilization occurring.

Alx

So we shouldn't speak about terrorists acts and ISIS crimes to not fuels the agenda of the interventionists westerners who say,

""see, muslims hate us westerners and kill us, come and join us so that we can fight them !"

?

Terrorist acts aren't anecdotal events. Also they're done by groups that DO hate westerners and claim it, so there's nothing wrong in sending the message "ISIS hates us". While there's clearly something wrong in sending the message "the French hate muslims", which is exactly what is being heard here.

KmA

Information is selective. It goes by fad, there is always a wind blowing a certain way.
i'm sure somewhere in USA or somewhere else in Europe Muslims meet bigotry and racism right now. But news always comes in sequels, so there isn't a week on GAF without a thread about a charlie drawing, or the burkini story, and today this one. Don't you see there is a trend here ? OMG France hate Muslims, from a foreigner point of view.. So everything will be exposed more when it's from France suddenly. Charlie is anti-muslim, France is anti-muslim. Hell France actually harasses Muslims now..

Same as when Fox was speaking about no go zones in Paris.. Things are not like that. Everything is done in France to prevent things anti-muslims, to. I live near a big muslim center and cops are protecting it on Friday. Medias ? They never ever (at least the one i watch) bring the "muslim question" when there is an attack. They don't ask muslims to justify themselves or to say "we're not daesh". This is old news.

But there is clearly a desire to show France as the worst anti-muslim place in Europe. For what, To justify the attacks ?

The thing is there are racist acts everywhere, but why on an american site like GAF so many French ones are exposed so many times ? Cause that's the actual narrative..

Or maybe from a French Muslim's point of view, France hates Muslims. But thank you for telling everyone how France isn't actually that bad because cops stand around a mosque.

Terrorist acts aren't anecdotal events. Also they're done by groups that DO hate westerners and claim it, so there's nothing wrong in sending the message "ISIS hates us". While there's clearly something wrong in sending the message "the French hate muslims", which is exactly what is being heard here.

No, what it's generally heard is "some french hate muslims" and it's totally true.
The same way people heard "Islam hate us" when a terror attack occurs, and not only "ISIS hate us", some muslims could understand "french hate us".
I live out of France right now in a country with no muslims and every time an attack occurs like this, everybody say that the muslims are attacking France, and not ISIS. So by your standards, it shouldn't be mentioned since it's only generate emotional driven responses. And BTW when a muslim was killed in his apartment after the Charlie Hebdo attacks, it's barely made the news.

But most people make the difference and don't have this generalization mind.

A joke that seems to have fallen flat ( ._.)

pepe-the-frog-meme-17.png

Don't worry, i loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom