• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cowen downgrades EA's stock as it thinks Titanfall 2's sales will be disappointing

Trojan

It was such a dumb mistake. I would have bought this game in Jan or Feb but not now with BF1 taking all my time.

Kyoufu

Poorly received alpha test plus the fact that it's out next to the two biggest FPS franchises meant it was always going to underperform.

Should have delayed it.

Nobody saw the disappointing sales of Titanfall 2 coming, nope nobody at all
/s.
I mean it seemed like a winning strategy putting it in the middle of the 2 biggest fps releases of the year,

That sucks, on a side note, can't wait to play SP campaign for 20$
Edit: also as another side note, this should've come out in February and also it shouldn't have been called Titanfall 2- simply for PS4 players, who have no idea about the game and think they will have needed to play the 1st Titanfall. Should've been Titanfall:Jungle (whatever).

NMFried

I liked Titanfall 2 much more than Battlefield 1. It's a shame they're releasing so close together, but hopefully the community stays strong.

xclaw

...... and yet the game is glorious, I hope the sales are not what they're projecting. It deserves more attention and monies!

I saw one person playing Titanfall 2 on my friend list... Most of the people on my list are playing Battlefield 1. I really think they released the game at the worst time possible. I'm about to pick up my copy after work, I hope the community is bigger than BF Hardline...

I also had a friend who liked Titanfall 1 a lot, but the Alpha killed his interest in getting 2.

MrDaravon

Not shocked sadly. This was one of my most anticipated titles of the year, but it's poor alpha (even if they've addressed a lot of the complaints from what I've heard) hurt, but more importantly releasing it right after BF1 which seems like a bit more of a runaway success than folks were expecting was incredibly stupid. I'm passing on it for right now simply because anyone I know that I would play it with is playing BF1 instead. It's proximity to CoD probably hurts but not nearly as much, especially with what the reception to that game has been.

I think they would have knocked it out of the goddamn park as a January or February release, but maybe that's just me.

Rondras

Banned
I bought the game and I don't care about what game was released or will be, I'm gonna play both games(maybe even IW+MWR) without problem. The problem here isn't the release date(it is a minor problem) the actual problem was marketing, I mean B1 PR campaing was huge compared to this one from the same company, I wouldn't even know that the game released if I wasn't into game news,conferences and stuff like that.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I got bf1 and TF2, and there's no doubt in my Mind TF2 is the better game so far. Such a shame EA did this to Respawn.

NMFried

I got bf1 and TF2, and there's no doubt in my Mind TF2 is the better game so far. Such a shame EA did this to Respawn.

It really is a shame because the game is so darn refreshing, from top to bottom. It's like what COD wishes it could be now.

Ennosuke

Love the game, love the first one. Bought it, but it really is difficult for me to play two shooters as at the same time. Battlefield is great as well. Don't get the release date.

First world problems.

Oh by the way TF2 is more fun than BF1.

Good projection.

Overwatch
Battlefield
Gears
CoD + Remastered

The market didn't need a 4th FPS game right now. Their best window would have been late August or early September.

Kill3r7

Good projection.

Overwatch
Battlefield
Gears
CoD + Remastered

The market didn't need a 4th FPS game right now. Their best window would have been late August or early September.

Based on what evidence? Also, keep in mind that Madden and FIFA are released in August and September.

styl3s

Hopefully the PC community doesn't drop as fast as Titanfall 1 because i really want to play it but BF1 is just too fun to put down right now.

Extremely stupid to release it so soon after BF1 and so close to COD.

I remember all those people saying the two games have different audiences that wouldn't overlap and effect sales. Yeah right.
People who say there is no overlap don't know what the fuck they are talking about.

Fbh

I would really like to hear the reasoning behind releasing Titan fall 2 now.

"Yep, we just released the newest game of our biggest multiplayer FPS franchise and in a few weeks the biggest multiplayer franchise from our main competitor is also comming out. Seems like the perfect time to release Titan fall 2!!!"

Me and my friends would have probably purchased both BF1 and TF2 at launch had they released several months apart. But as it turns out we are not made out of money and had to decide between the 2. And we went with BF1

Trojan

GFqR3mn.jpg

KodaRuss

Based on how good the reviews have been I think it will be OK but fuck EA. This release schedule was beyond stupid.

I just got TF2 and I want BF1 but might wait a while to see how much I get hooked with TF2

Top Bottom