• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LPVG Report: Uncharted 4 Story DLC Reveal Coming at PlayStation Experience

http://letsplayvideogames.com/2016/10/report-uncharted-4-story-dlc-reveal-coming-at-playstation-experience/

According to a source at Sony, and confirmed by an additional source, story DLC for Uncharted 4 will be revealed at PlayStation Experience in December.
We interviewed Uncharted 4 Voice Actor Troy Baker at MCM Comic Con London this morning, and while he did not directly confirm our report, he did tell us that he believes the Uncharted 4 story DLC will be “by far the biggest story DLC [Naughty Dog] have done” and that he expects it to be revealed formally “very soon”.

Set to focus on Drake and his brother again.

More at the link (NB: Link contains spoilers for the epilogue of U4). Shoot me if not uncharted.

FelipeMGM

Well, that was pretty obvious but nice to hear someking of bts ''confirmation''

It'll prob start the keynote as they have started every PSX with U4 gameplay

Maybe a teaser at TGA as well

eFKac

Ohh fuck dude! Super excited!

Judging by Nolan North's twitter activity
I'm not expecting Drake to be in the DLC, unless they did all of the mocap and VO by the launch of the proper game. Wonder who we'll play as and what the story and setting will be.

Chase17

Very excited for the DLC. Loved U4.

And Naughty Dog is 1/1 when it comes to story based DLC (at least I don't remember there being anything besides left behind).

"By far the biggest story DLC they've done"? So bigger than the one other story DLC lol.

I hope it's a tightly paced action rollercoaster and less Left Behind.

I hope it looks substantially more exciting than the main game. Its the only reason I haven't sold the disc already.

Left Behind was great. 15 hours of Left Behind was not.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ohh fuck dude! Super excited!

Judging by Nolan North's twitter activity
I'm not expecting Drake to be in the DLC, unless they did all of the mocap and VO by the launch of the proper game. Wonder who we'll play as and what the story and setting will be.

I presume Sully and Sam will be the stars of the show.

Please. No more walk and talks. Game was bogged down with too much sentimental stuff that I never really cared about.

If it's Sam and Sully, Im guessing they wont get wish washy with each other

eFKac

I presume Sully and Sam will be the stars of the show.

That's one of the obvious choices definitely.

Second one would be
Cassie. But that would probably involve less action, shooting and violence, so Gaf would hate it lol.

I wouldn't mind playing as one of the villains. Game from the perspective of Rafe or Nadine could be awesome I think.

Adventures of young Sully would be random so not expecting that but I'd love it so much :-D

Tambini

I sold the game after having no desire to replay it unlike the other Uncharted's...if this looks less walkie talkie I'll pick it up again

Soriku

oineqir.gif

Yeah gimme that shit. I need at least one awesome setpiece.

JaseC

That's one of the obvious choices definitely.

Second one would be
Cassie. But that would probably less action, shooting and violence, so Gaf would hate it lol.

I wouldn't mind playing as one of the villains. Game from the perspective of Rafe or Nadine could be awesome I think.

I'd love for the DLC to be a bridge to a Young Sully prequel trilogy, but that's exceedingly unlikely. :(

According to a source at Sony, and confirmed by an additional source, story DLC for Uncharted 4 will be revealed at PlayStation Experience in December.
We interviewed Uncharted 4 Voice Actor Troy Baker at MCM Comic Con London this morning, and while he did not directly confirm our report, he did tell us that he believes the Uncharted 4 story DLC will be “by far the biggest story DLC [Naughty Dog] have done” and that he expects it to be revealed formally “very soon”.

Well they've only done 1 other story DLC so that's not saying much.

_Ryo_

This is obvious.

What would actually be a surprise is a trailer for Shenmue 3, Ni no Kuni 2 or Dragon Quest 8.

I'm hoping they just throw us halfway in to one of Sam's adventures that he's still hungry for, with Sully at his side and a dash of Chloe (since I feel like Sam and Chloe's chemistry would make for some A+ banter). Kick it off with some crazy action, keep the pace fast, have at least one more setpiece on the level of the caravan chase, and then end with some supernatural shenanigans so we can see Sam's reaction to it.

I don't think there is too much "walking, talking" or too little gameplay. It is all just poorly paced and it leaves the impression that there is too much of one thing or too little of another.

JaseC

Haha edited just after I've posted :-D

Great minds really do think alike. ;) Although I doubt the DLC will connect to it, I do think the odds of a Young Sully prequel trilogy are quite good as Sully is a reasonably beloved character and the Uncharted IP too popular for Sony to ignore. I envision it as:

- 1: Sully's first foray into treasure hunting
- 2: Set circa the flashback in Drake's Deception, with the game overlapping it at some point
- 3: Sully and Drake's first adventure together as a duo

Tizoc

Sully and whatshisface buddy road trip campaign. Guess I can keep this game around for a little longer to see if I can bash that too :V

Mik2121

I'm hoping they just throw us halfway in to one of Sam's adventures that he's still hungry for, with Sully at his side and a dash of Chloe (since I feel like Sam and Chloe's chemistry would make for some A+ banter). Kick it off with some crazy action, keep the pace fast, have at least one more setpiece on the level of the caravan chase, and then end with some supernatural shenanigans so we can see Sam's reaction to it.
Agree with everything except the supernatural silliness. I liked Uncharted 4 better because of the lack of it.

eFKac

Great minds really do think alike. ;) I think the odds of a Young Sully prequel trilogy happening are quite good, though, as the Uncharted IP is too popular for Sony to ignore. I envision it as:

- 1: Sully's first foray into treasure hunting
- 2: Set some years later, circa the flashback in Drake's Deception, with the game overlapping it at some point
- 3: Sully and Drake's first adventure together as a duo

This could totally work, and I wouldn't rule it out.

I wouldn't be surprised that whoever takes over the IP would want a clean slate with some fanservice guesslt appearances maybe. And I could see Sony allowing that kind of creative freedom.

dralla

Curious to see who you play as and when it takes place. There's a lot of directions they can go. I know it won't happen but I'd love a Chloe side story

Agree with everything except the supernatural silliness. I liked Uncharted 4 better because of the lack of it.

It definitely worked for Uncharted 4. I think seeing Sam's reaction to it, and seeing how Druckmann and Straley try to change it up and avoid the pitfalls of past supernatural stuff, could be cool though.

CHC

I know some people like the Left Behind approach, and I did as well when it came to the Last of Us. For Uncharted 4 though, given the tone of the game and its ending, I would definitely a purely action packed DLC, something that hearkened back to the best set pieces of 2 and 3. Since this will probably be the last Uncharted that Naughty Dog makes, it'd be good to see a grand finale.

Top Bottom