• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson teases 'huge announcement' for Xbox BC on November 12th [Edit: Nope]

SOR5

Source here: https://www.finder.com.au/huge-anno...mpatibility-anniversary?utm_source=xboxreddit

During his story time keynote at PAX AUS 2016, Larry Hryb aka Major Nelson answered fans' burning questions on Xbox Live, backwards compatibility and more.

When one individual from the crowd asked the director of Xbox Live programming what one game the Major would bring to Xbox backwards compatibility had he the choice, he riffed on his love for Red Dead Redemption and teased an upcoming announcement. Though Hryb understandably didn't reveal too much in the way of future titles, he did state there's a "huge announcement" coming for Xbox backwards compatibility when the system celebrates its first birthday on 12 November.

Could be 360 support for PC? Who knows

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

EDIT: Major Nelson just went on Reddit and posted that he never said there was a "huge" announcement but more of a celebration, expect fan favourite titles to be announced

FINGSyn.jpg

Vinc

Original Xbox maybe.

Man... it sure would be amazing if the whole Xbox platform was compatible with every Xbox-branded game ever released at some point.

UberTag

Wish Sony cared this much about BC.
Wish Sony cared this much about a lot of things. But they don't and never will so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
That said, BC is a far trickier proposition on the PS4 than it is the X1 and we've known this for awhile.

Bizzquik

Could be 360 support for PC? Who knows

That makes sense, though 'huge' might be debatable.

I have my own personal Most Wanted list, but what game could be as big a 'get' for Backward Compatibility as Red Dead Redemption? Realistically....probably nothing.
So some sort of functionality expansion or improvement seems most likely.

Drago

Please please please be OG Xbox support or 360 on PC.

Though it's probably just gonna be the current most highly requested game coming to BC, whatever that is. Or a dumping of a large amount of games

blakep267

Also that coincides with the Xbox Mexico fan fest thing. That's from November 11-13 and Phil spencer is supposed to be there

iavi

OG Xbox support would be a game-changer. There's not even a working PC emulator for that box

There's so many games I'd go through again

OG Xbox Emulation would be awesome. I'd love to replay some classics like Jade Empire, KOTOR 1 & 2 and even some of my guilty pleasures like Crimson Skies and Sudeki.

Bringing Fable Anniversary, Tales of Vesperia and Mass Effect 2/3 to current backwards compatibility would be enough for me though.

Top Bottom