• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson teases 'huge announcement' for Xbox BC on November 12th [Edit: Nope]

When you figure out a way to emulate the PS1 on the PS4 CPU make sure to give Sony a call. :)
FTFY
PSX-Console-wController.jpg

On topic, Original Xbox games running in HD with better performance?

Ninja Gaiden Black and Conker HD?

Noobcraft

Phil had an OG Xbox shirt on at E3. Believe.

Also 360 BC on Windows 10 would be great.
Even more threads/posts about how terrible the W10 Store is and how Microsoft shouldn't have bothered, etc.

OG Xbox games would be interesting from a purely historical point of view, but that's not going to drum up excitement outside of a very niche crowd. As a one-time OG Xbox owner... The games... There just aren't that many to get excited about.

BC on PC would have a much larger impact as it would allow access to a huge back catalogue of exclusive content from over the years (Though it wouldn't do much to excite me personally). I guess it would finally get Red Dead Redemption on PC in a fashion...

And if they're just talking about individual or a group of games? Well, I think they're overestimating what "exciting" news they have.

Welfare

If they announce OG Box BC that would be insane, but PC support makes more sense. Xbox BC would be an E3 announcement.

xealo

OG xbox would be lovely. Have a bunch of xbox games sitting on my shelf with no way to play them given my original xbox is dead.

OG Xbox games would be interesting from a purely historical point of view, but that's not going to drum up excitement outside of a very niche crowd. As a one-time OG Xbox owner... The games... There just aren't that many to get excited about.

BC on PC would have a much larger impact as it would allow access to a huge back catalogue of exclusive content from over the years (Though it wouldn't do much to excite me personally). I guess it would finally get Red Dead Redemption on PC in a fashion...

i would buy a xbone if i could play a version of kotor that didnt suck

If it's original Xbox support...

I look forward to playing Blinx, Gun Valk, Otogi 1/2, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Phantom Dust and Spikeout

lol

:(

SugarDave

If it's not actual big news like PC support or OG Xbox BC then I hope it's just a load of titles becoming available in bulk.

Vesperia, Ninja Gaiden 2, PGR4, Ace Combat 6, Crackdown and Geometry Wars 2 please!

Catman

Banned
If they did announced Windows 10 XB360 BC support...I would bet that it'd be exclusively for digital versions of the game.

If they announce OG Box BC that would be insane, but PC support makes more sense. Xbox BC would be an E3 announcement.
The timing is something to consider also. Another great incentive to buying a Xbox One S for the holidays... "It now supports [announced list] of OG Xbox games via backwards compatibility!"

i would buy a xbone if i could play a version of kotor that didnt suck

I believe you. But you also have to know you're a niche audience in a niche audience. I'm hugely fond of Kotor, but that's an old game from an old system. I'm betting it doesn't hold up in the gameplay department like you remember it. (The thought of stumbling around Kashyyk doesn't sound thrilling to me even now.)

MUnited83

For you.
What I want: Xbox 360 BC on PC
What we will probably get: Xbox OG BC
Worst case scenario: "Huge announcement" just means a crapload of games getting added at that date to comemorate one year of the program.

I believe you. But you also have to know you're a niche audience in a niche audience. I'm hugely fond of Kotor, but that's an old game from an old system. I'm betting it doesn't hold up in the gameplay department like you remember it. (The thought of stumbling around Kashyyk doesn't sound thrilling to me even now.)

oh i've played it recently on pc, i just want a verison of the game that doesnt suck, the original xbox version played on a orginal xbox is the only good version,

though i believe the ios/android version are decent,but touch controls

Catman

Banned
I'd be fine with that, so long as they made sure to get digital releases of Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey on the store.

I've never understood the hold up for them getting multi disc games on the store. There are some on there like Witcher 2, and LA Noire, but then you got games like Mass Effect 2 and 3 that never showed up, when you'd think EA would want the potential sales.

Fucks sake, don't get my hopes up. OG Xbox BC would make me lose my mind, just thinking about it makes me wanna look round my room to make sure I haven't sold all of my Xbox games.

It would be so much bigger than playing 360 games on my PC.

KageMaru

Give me OG Xbox support with Ninja Gaiden Black, Shenmue 2, Panzer Dragoon Orta and I'll never have a reason to hook up my 360 again.

Roboculus

You guys are blowing this way out of proportion. He was answering a question about what upcoming titles he was looking forward to coming to backwards compatibility. I almost guarantee that he is talking about some popular game coming like say Mass Effect 2/3 or Black Ops 2

Salty Hippo

Doubt it's Og Xbox, they are remastering Voodoo Vince for a reason.

360 on PC is more likely, but multi-disc is probably what we're gonna get.

Tagyhag

Xbox anniversary is the 15th.

Announce on the 12th to launch 3 days later. Makes sense.

Nice catch, it seems like it'll be this.

Conker: Live & Reloaded
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders
Metal Wolf Chaos
Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict
Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dawn of Destiny

That's all I want MS, PLEASE.

Top Bottom