• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson teases 'huge announcement' for Xbox BC on November 12th [Edit: Nope]

spons

OG Xbox support would be a game-changer. There's not even a working PC emulator for that box

Yup, nobody has the design documents of the hardware so there isn't an emulator in working state. Microsoft should have them so it's feasible.

theRizzle

I wonder how 360 BC on PC would even work... am I gonna have to put the game in my Xbox One to "activate" it to my account, then download a copy to the PC? Tons of PCs don't have optical drives these days.

OG Xbox support would be amazing.

So would a PC port of the emulator, of course, but that's an E3 tier bombshell. Frankly, I'd settle for ME2/3 on BC.

OG Xbox backward, 1080p + Achievements:

• Rally Sport Challenge 2
  • Mech Assault 1 y 2
  • Brute Force
  • Project Gothan Racing 2
  • Kung Fu Chaos
  • OutRun 2
  • Panzer Dragoon Orta
  • Ninja Gaiden Black
  • Shenmue II

or more 360 games:

• Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • Ultra Street Fighter IV
  • Ninja Gaiden II
  • Grand Theft Auto IV
  • Skate 3
  • Black Ops II

iavi

OG Xbox backward:

• Rally Sport Challenge
  • Mech Assault 1 y 2
  • Brute Force
  • Kung Fu Chaos
  • OutRun 2
  • Panzer Dragoon Orta
  • Ninja Gaiden Black
  • Shenmue II

JSRF
Shenmue
OTOGI 1 AND MITHRRGUCKIG 2
Panzer Dragoon

Lawd let it be

renzolama

PC support should be a no-brainer technically...presumably they've already done work on every single BC game to make it work within a wrapper (maybe an oversimplification, but you get it) on XBOne, the adjustments from there to much stronger hardware on PC should be straightforward. Releasing third party games from publishers that might be cannibalizing their PC port sales, on the other hand, is probably a serious roadblock for that functionality. Publishers who chose to allow their games to be BC on XBOne are almost overwhelmingly those who had no plans to do remasters and sell more copies on modern platforms, but PC games sales are another question completely. Lots of game ports from the 360 era can still sell for $20-$50 on steam, that would be a significant financial decision for every third party publisher who has PC ports.

dhlt25

either OG support or BC on PC will be big news for me. I'd seriously consider buying a scorpio next year if they add OG support

Trago

OG Xbox titles would be insane. Having that catalog available on your current platform would be boss.

OG Xbox backward, 1080p + Achievements:

• Rally Sport Challenge 2
  • Mech Assault 1 y 2
  • Brute Force
  • Kung Fu Chaos
  • OutRun 2
  • Panzer Dragoon Orta
  • Ninja Gaiden Black
  • Shenmue II

Very good taste! This list + Burnout 3/Revenge would be superb.

A man can dream.

blakep267

PC support should be a no-brainer technically...presumably they've already done work on every single BC game to make it work within a wrapper (maybe an oversimplification, but you get it) on XBOne, the adjustments from there to much stronger hardware on PC should be straightforward. Releasing third party games from publishers that might be cannibalizing their PC port sales, on the other hand, is probably a serious roadblock for that functionality. Publishers who chose to allow their games to be BC on XBOne are almost overwhelmingly those who had no plans to do remasters and sell more copies on modern platforms, but PC games sales are another question completely. Lots of game ports from the 360 era can still sell for $20-$50 on steam, that would be a significant financial decision for every third party publisher who has PC ports.
im assuming that MS would've shares their future plans with publishers ahead of time. You just don't randomly decide to do things without running it by publishers

Catman

Banned
I wonder how they accomplish 360 BC so well on Xbox One as it is. It's their own system, so they have all the information they need, but from what we understand, it sounds like all the 360 functionality on Xbox One is emulated via software, and it seems to be perfect. Unless they are somehow use the hardware to make the One think it's a 360 or something...I don't know.

etta

my hard graphic balls
It won't be PC support guys, it's one of the best features of the Xbox console. Besides, if it was PC, it would be behind the Windows Store so then the cycle begins again:

*Microsoft giff your games on PC you bitches
*Microsoft puts games on PC
*Ewww Microsoft you douchbags Windows Store hisss booo you can keep your games, fuckers

It will be OG Xbox probably.

Original Xbox games would be really neat but I expect a big announcement of anticipated games honestly.

It won't be PC support guys, it's one of the best features of the Xbox console. Besides, if it was PC, it would be behind the Windows Store so then the cycle begins again:

*Microsoft giff your games on PC you bitches
*Microsoft puts games on PC
*Ewww Microsoft you douchbags Windows Store hisss booo you can keep you fuckers

It will be OG Xbox probably.
For real though

I would be underwhelmed by a huge announcement being 360 to PC personally but it would be great for those that want it.

They have been pretty quiet since E3, actually a little disappointed in them considering they skipped Gamescom, still no PlayStation type event of their own either.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Oh and remember, Phil sad on Twitter after E3 that they'd have more to say about Scorpio before the year ends, so it's gotta be that Xbox Mexico event.

renzolama

im assuming that MS would've shares their future plans with publishers ahead of time. You just don't randomly decide to do things without running it by publishers

Right, and those publishers would have said no. Hence why I don't think BC will be announced for Windows 10 anytime soon.

Top Bottom