• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood due out on June 20, 2017

Final Fantasy XIV’s second expansion “Stormblood” is set to launch on June 20, 2017 Square Enix revealed today. The big news came toward the end of today’s Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival in Tokyo where producer/director Naoki Yoshida shared the latest on the popular MMORPG.

Though the date remains tentative, pre-orders for the game will begin on January 24, 2017. Square Enix outlined a Collector’s Edition that will be available for both PC and PlayStation 4. The Collector’s Edition will include special packaging featuring Yoshitaka Amano artwork, a high quality figure of Zenos – Stormblood’s main antagonist, an artbook, a cloth map of Eorzea and an original decal.

A digital CE will also be available and include an exclusive Syldra mount, a Bartz (FFV) minion and a Chicken Knife weapon for Red Mage.

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/12/final-fantasy-xiv-stormblood-due-june-20-2017/

Ochibi

RETURN TO IVALICE (with Matsuno and Keita) + Stormblood Collector + Red Mage + Swimming & Dive

=

acb.jpg

Zakalwe

Banned
This will be me jumping in for the first time on PS4 with my PC account. Love this game, can't wait to catch up.

RDreamer

Not having Red Mage is literally the main reason I didn't pick up FFXIV until a few weeks ago. Glad it's coming. Totally gonna switch to it.

You know what? I'm in this time! I loved what I've been playing so far of XIV and I really look forward to Stormblood! I missed out on both Collector's Editions for the previous game and expansion but not this time!

Although I do hope that the digital CE bonuses are included in the physical CE.

Vic_Viper

Please let Samurai be revealed as one of the other classes for this expansion.

That Statue is pretty sick too. Might get the CE this time around if its not super expensive.

Seems like a really good time to launch this. Not much AAA games typically in the summer so people are gonna have the time to dump into this.

Cmagus

Please let Samurai be revealed as one of the other classes for this expansion.

That Statue is pretty sick too. Might get the CE this time around if its not super expensive.

Heavensward collectors edition was $129.99 so expect at least that much.

Ashodin

The new boss is a Samurai. Look at him.

Samurai are in aren't they

I NEED TO PLAY FFXIV DON'T I. KAGARI HOLD ME

Wagram

The story will be worth the purchase alone. As for whether or not it'll feel like a glorified content update ala Heavensward. Who knows? I hope not. It needs to be distinctly different.

BLCKATK

Damn that collector's edition is smoking.

Looking forward to it. A lot of it will be more of the same, not necessarily a bad thing. I'm interested in the stuff that seems like fresher ideas. I would be really happy if the "Forbidden Land of Eureka" content tapped into that feeling of Dynamis. Also I hope that the "Return to Ivalice" raid has fun with mechanics and incorporates some stuff we know and love from Ivalice games!

Afrocious

Damn that collector's edition is smoking.

Looking forward to it. A lot of it will be more of the same, not necessarily a bad thing. I'm interested in the stuff that seems like fresher ideas. I would be really happy if the "Forbidden Land of Eureka" content tapped into that feeling of Dynamis. Also I hope that the "Return to Ivalice" raid has fun with mechanics and incorporates some stuff we know and love from Ivalice games!

one encounter will make the game a grid-based RPG or something close to it

The story will be worth the purchase alone. As for whether or not it'll feel like a glorified content update ala Heavensward. Who knows? I hope not. It needs to be distinctly different.

Apparently Heavensward was the "play it safe" expansion. Stormblood is revamping the combat with removing skills and changing them, changing how cross class skills work, and other gameplay related aspects, and thanks to the PS3 being dropped they can focus on making features that were impossible with the PS3 version in play. I think we will see a lot of interesting things with this expansion.

LProtag

I feel like I should give FFXIV a shot again, especially since I can play it on an actual PC with a keyboard now instead of a laptop.

I wonder if that will improve my skill.

Teknoman

I've been trying together a new Pc build (extended hiatus since my motherboard had two ram slots die)... but damn if this doesn't make me want to use my bonus towards it!

Ivalice, omega, and finally deep dives?! Count me in!

Rdm has a magic bit / option as an off hand weapon?

Villori

Neo Member
June? Nice! This will give me time to finish FFXIV and Heavensward so I can enjoy the new content with everyone. Playing alone is not that fun.

Einhander

Red Mage, swimming, and the collector's edition look fantastic!

One of the slides showing the silhouettes of the new jobs looks like one of them might be Beastmaster because it seems like the female silhouette is wearing fur on her shoulders. The Spiderman hint could be in reference to Spiderman using a spider's ability to spray webbing and climbing on walls, similar to how a Beastmaster is able to use a monster's abilities.

Arkeband

Banned
Swimming should have been in the base game, so no brownie points there.

Red Mage is good.

New beast tribes = grind them and forget about them, who cares.

Omega = yet another machine with the implication of time distortion. SIGH.

Allard

One of the slides showing the silhouettes of the new jobs looks like one of them might be Beastmaster because it seems like the female silhouette is wearing fur on her shoulders. The Spiderman hint could be in reference to Spiderman using a spider's ability to spray webbing and climbing on walls, similar to how a beastmaster is able to use a monster's abilities.

The silhouette is just the Hyur midlander male and female highlander concept art from 2.0.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What is supposed to be the appeal of swimming and diving if it's completely separated from combat?

Top Bottom