• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD - FFXV experienced the best console launch month in franchise history

viHuGi

Banned
"Although a Call of Duty has now topped the December sales chart for the ninth consecutive year, Final Fantasy XV was the best selling game for the PS4 during the month," said Naji. "Final Fantasy XV was the second best-selling title for December 2016... Final Fantasy XV experienced the best console launch month in the history of the franchise selling 19 percent more new physical units than Final Fantasy XIII in its launch month and 54% more in total dollar revenue including digital full game sales."

Save the thread if old.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...are-battlefield-1-lead-2016-us-game-sales-npd

large.jpg

Certainly undeserved but I'd love to see the format split. Sounds like the PS4 version did very well but how well over the Xbox version is the real question.

Gurish

Who would have thought FF is still so relevant today? not only relevant but more relevant than it ever has been, no one expected such a success.

So I won't be playing ffxvi on Mobile, Dlc support won't be cancelled because it bombed and people actually did like this game??? Nah must be a mistake

Well, it looks like I'll have to pass on FFXVI... hell, probably have to pass on Remake too...

At least I'm looking forward to XII, the remaster that obviously will sell bad.

xabbott

The NPD thread also mentioned how it was 3rd on top ten games sold for XB1 in December. Behind only CoD and BF1. While I'm sure the PS4 version sold much more that is still surprising.

ubercheez

Now streamline that development pipeline and keep new games coming in a timely manner. Gotta keep new fans coming in to keep a franchise healthy!

Boke1879

In b4 the game is trash and only sold due to having Final Fantasy in the title. Good game, I have 87 hrs in it

Not to derail, but you know it's coming.

This a good success and I'm happy for Tabata. Can't wait to see what SE has planned for the brand this year.

kswiston

So, based on the revenue figure and based on typical digital ratios, we're probably looking at close to 2M units in December in the US with digital.

S-E never released FF13 on PSN.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Good but I really wish it wasn't sending more "cater to the West" signals to Square. Unique japanese flavour is what makes series such as FF what they are.

All the stuff that was cut for potentially being "problematic" is stuff I would have wanted still in the game. Don't take certain deafening parts of the internet so seriously.

Bousf

It got into the Top 10 best selling games of the year with just one month in the market in 2016, this is great news!!

Now extra content should give it some good legs for increased momentum and (hopefully) better sales flow than previous entries. We need all the revenue SE can get for FFXVI to be GLORIOUS.

Meowster

I know XIII ended up being one of the best selling entries in the series (despite the lackluster sales of the sequels). Does XV have any chance of overtaking XIII in total?

Top Bottom