• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Psyonix crossing fingers for Rocket League on switch

Fingers crossed everyone!!!

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/01/...nintendo-switch-were-excited-fingers-crossed/

“We are excited as you are regarding the release of Nintendo Switch however, we don’t have enough information at this time if it will happen. For the mean time, let’s both keep our fingers crossed that it will. For all the latest information on upcoming releases, updates, and other news, please visit the Rocket League Facebook page or follow us on Twitter!”

This would be the best news ever!

Dystify

Their quote:

”We are excited as you are regarding the release of Nintendo Switch however, we don't have enough information at this time if it will happen. For the mean time, let's both keep our fingers crossed that it will. For all the latest information on upcoming releases, updates, and other news, please visit the Rocket League Facebook page or follow us on Twitter!"

Edit: Nvm you just added it to your post.

BY2K

Membero Americo
We are excited as you are regarding the release of Nintendo Switch however, we don’t have enough information at this time if it will happen.

I'm getting REAL tired of third-parties saying stuff along those lines every single time they are questioned about the Switch.

This is what, the 4th or 5th since last week?

Hasney

Sure, I'd triple dip.

I'm getting REAL tired of third-parties saying stuff along those lines every single time they are questioned about the Switch.

Well if devs don't have the information, Nintendo should probably do something about that. It is a pain sometimes.

It's not their fault. Nintendo is being insanely selective over who gets dev kits right now.

Nintendo is dumb if they haven't already contacted them

Nintendo is already stupid for not having secured this and have it ready for launch. But they can still make up for their mistake.

I mean, it's the perfect type of game for the switch. You could even play it with the single joycon mode. It's going to be crazy.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Spent so many tens of hours on PC, I would seriously consider to double dip for Switch, due to the portable aspect of the platform. Where can we express our desire to see the game on Switch, Psyonix? Tell us, we won't hesitate to tell you :p

What would you rather they say, and whose fault do you think it is that they don't?

ViciousDS

Banned
Rocket league on switch would be killer.....KILLER

Mobile rocket league would be fucking huge in college dorms dear god

If quadruple dip baby!!!

Lothars

So? The reason they are is it seems like nintendo is not doing anything to help them.

It's on nintendo, nobody else is at fault.

Boke1879

Well what else are they supposed to say?

If anything Nintendo need to be in contact with these guys. I'd absolutely love a port of this on Switch to play.

NDA's are a thing.

Legally and professionally it makes a lot of sense to say nothing until everything in finalized by both parties. If they are in discussions about a release, they may not be at liberty to talk about it.

asagami_

Banned
Nintendo has been super on it with indies, I actually think it's very surprising they haven't locked up this game yet.

Actually the trend I am seeing is Nintendo is helping more (for the moment) those indies devs who are developed before for 3DS, Wii or Wii U. I hope they reach Psyonix, or maybe is a secret yet.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
NDA's are a thing.

Legally and professionally it makes a lot of sense to say nothing until everything in finalized by both parties. If they are in discussions about a release, they may not be at liberty to talk about it.

This is also true.
At least, they seem to like the platform, that's positive.

Again, where can people express how they'd like a Switch version to them? :p

I think the two things that could stand in the way of it happening are:

1) Crossplay - Psyonix has been pushing for this across all platforms and I'm not sure Nintendo would allow it.

2) Can the switch run it? I mean, if games like Titanfall 2 and Borderlands "can't" run on the Switch, maybe most games originally designed for PS4/XB1 can't either...which I'm guessing is more what Psyonix's concern is.

Actually the trend I am seeing is Nintendo is helping more (for the moment) those indies devs who are developed before for 3DS, Wii or Wii U. I hope they reach Psyonix, or maybe is a secret yet.
Seems to only be a few publishers though, mostly ones that have already published on Nintendo platforms already it seems.
This is true, however it's only been about two weeks since the "official" reveal of the Switch, I'd imagine Nintendo has quite a few indie developers lining up for dev kits as we speak.

Marow

The most worrying thing I can think of is online play not being able to play with other consoles.

But yeah, this game should've been a no-brainer. Perfect to bring out and share joycons with.

TheDanimal

I mean, it's the perfect type of game for the switch. You could even play it with the single joycon mode. It's going to be crazy.
Nonononono
Playing it with just a joycon would be awful
There's no way
Edit: It would be perfect for the switch otherwise, though.

I think the two things that could stand in the way of it happening are:

1) Crossplay - Psyonix has been pushing for this across all platforms and I'm not sure Nintendo would allow it.

2) Can the switch run it? I mean, if games like Titanfall 2 and Borderlands "can't" run on the Switch, maybe most games originally designed for PS4/XB1 can't either...which I'm guessing is more what Psyonix's concern is.
Nintendo has allowed crossplay before.

Of course it could run it. Rocket League isn't in the same 'league' as those games, and besides, those games could run on the Switch too with a little effort. Also, Steep is coming.

Who do I need to tweet at to get Nintendo to move on this, its BAFFLING they haven't confirmed it yet

or Psyonix is just messing with us and they're already working on it

NDA's are a thing.

I don't believe that is something that would be covered by an NDA, more presumably is they dont have a kit so cant start developing anything yet and thus cant say if it'll happen

Soulflarz

Banned
Nintendo is already stupid for not having secured this and have it ready for launch. But they can still make up for their mistake.

Wait what
Single joycon, rocket league

Have you never played rocket league outside of casual parties because that does not work.

Top Bottom