• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Set your Switch User ID now

lt519

Not sure if this has been posted, tried doing a search. Lock it up if old. Thanks to Wario64.

Anyway you can set up your Nintendo Account User ID which will be used for the Switch instead of the NNID. Claim the rare ones now :)

accounts.nintendo.com

6 character minimum, can't make my GAF name my User ID ):

Honestly not even sure they are unique. Something to do to pass the time though. Someone can try rarbusto for science.

How long was this up? Already taken :(

Whelp. Also this isn't new, it has been stealthily on the site for a couple months.

For those that need a rundown.

Your Nickname is what The general playerbase will see, like in a Mario Kart or Splatoon lobby.

Your User ID is the equivalent of your Nintendo Network ID for 3DS and Wii U, but instead its for the Switch. This is because you are now using a "Nintendo Account", and not your Nintendo Network ID. It will be used for adding friends on the Switch.

Your Nintendo Network ID is used to link your 3DS and Wii U to You Nintendo Account to transfer certain info such as your main Mii data, wallet amount, and probably things like VC purchases or an upgrade option of sorts.

Linknig your Facebook, Twitter, and Google accounts will allow you to add friends via these social media platforms that also have their accounts linked, as well as share screenshots, and in the future share video, as well as scheduling online play sessions and the like.

For those confused on where to go: go to accounts.nintendo.com.

UANgEme.png

i52s7WP.png

I made a Nintendo Account last year and I was able to create a nickname. I linked my Nintendo ID to this.

Now I need a User ID for my Nintendo account, but I guess my account didn't have a password before. My email was already verified, but it needs to send another verification email so I can create a password to create an ID.

I've been waiting for that email for about 2 hours.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
For the record, this service has been up for literally a year. I registered my nick on day one pretty sure, and it was Feb 16, 2016. So if your name is already taken, don't be too shocked!

AEREC

Can you change after it's set? I guess Ill ahev to come up with a new one since my gaf name is only 5 characters.

Kouriozan

For the record, this service has been up for literally a year. I registered my nick on day one pretty sure, and it was Feb 16, 2016. So if your name is already taken, don't be too shocked!

That was nicknames, we are now talking about unique user ID, they can only be lowercase.

Can you change after it's set? I guess Ill ahev to come up with a new one since my gaf name is only 5 characters.

Yes.

Weird. Wouldn't let me just use "Nights" even though it's 6 chars, so it might actually be 7?

I got NightsOwl anyway. Thanks TC.

rardk64

For those confused on where to go: go to accounts.nintendo.com.

UANgEme.png

i52s7WP.png

This User ID replaces the NNID username. Your Nintendo Account uses your email address as a username, and this User ID is probably for in-game stuff.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Cool done. Surprisingly I have on a couple occasions found my username taken. Like on Origin. But most of the time Enduin is always available.

I set the name I've wanted for ages, Firebrand, somehow I was able to get it, been locked on Xbox and Sony since ps3/360. Now that being said, how does this differ from my original name?

Top Bottom