• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shovel Knight: Treasure's Trove $12 USD on Mexican eShop

Mexico's eshop does not have a website, but I found it on the system

2017-03-04%2013.42.48.jpg

Everything else seems to be the same.

Are eshop credits usable across regions? how would one be able to buy it at that price without a credit card?

CDX

Are eshop credits usable across regions? how would one be able to buy it at that price without a credit card?

If you can't pay by credit card.
You'd have to find someplace that sells prepaid Mexican eshop cards.

You can't use USD cards, or any other currency, on the Mexican eshop.

On a related note, I bought a digital prepaid eShop card from playasia, since I wanted to buy Blaster Master from the Japanese eshop. After purchase, they now say they're low on stock and it's stuck on "preparing order". Has anyone had this experience?

On a related note, I bought a digital prepaid eShop card from playasia, since I wanted to buy Blaster Master from the Japanese eshop. After purchase, they now say they're low on stock and it's stuck on "preparing order". Has anyone had this experience?

Just curious. Why couldn't you wait till March 9th?

Camjo-Z

Anyone know if the other campaigns count as DLC, or if they're considered part of the base game? Might do this but I want to play everything on my own account.

broketv

Neo Member
Anyone know if the other campaigns count as DLC, or if they're considered part of the base game? Might do this but I want to play everything on my own account.

All you do is choose your account when you boot up the game. This has the base game plus all the DLC.

Kappa

Yes it works I just bought and played it.
Make sure to use a cc with no foreign transaction fees. conviently the amazon visa card just got rid of foreign fees

Bog

Junior Ace
Did this just now and it couldn't be simpler. You can also start it from any user account.

El Sabroso

nope, even to change region on same account have to drop currency stored in said account

is nice that eShop prices are still good here just hope to see neo geo arc games soon here when my Switch arrives

Ryhian

Thanks for that heads up! Was planning on getting this and am always down to save money. Was a quick and easy process!

Soi-Fong

I have a Citi Diamond Preferred CC that I used on my main account that I just switched regions to Mexico with. Order went through and I'm switching it back to US now.

jmizzal

Nice I hope these cheaper region prices pop up a lot during the switch life cycle, this happens on PC and xbox some times too

dacalo

I have a feeling Nintendo is going to disallow this somehow going forward. They are not going to be happy about losing profit.

ngower

I have a feeling Nintendo is going to disallow this somehow going forward. They are not going to be happy about losing profit.

This is how capitalism works. They'd have to renege on their very public proclamation that the system is region free and they're not going to do that.

ZeroX03

Banned

When the Russian store had very cheap Wii U games due to plummeting currency and you could switch regions on PAL consoles to take advantage of it, they responded by jacking up the Russian prices.

That said this seems more like a one off mistake.

Kyou

seems like a price mistake based on the spectre knight campaign price

edit: whoops read it wrong, thought the price was over the games,

guess they're still a bit too close

Defect

Do i have to make an entire new account for this?

So i meed a new email right?
I think you can change your region of the main account online then access the store.

I made a new account that was US then made it Japan and was able to get Japanese demos.

Corginand

Can't see the image for some reason but does it show the same price as in Steam ($225.99)?

Supposing this isn't a mistake it'd be nice if more indies did the same. I wouldn't have to decide between the portable version of a game and the significantly cheaper Steam version.

Top Bottom