• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shovel Knight: Treasure's Trove $12 USD on Mexican eShop

erawsd

Prices in that Mexican Eshop are all over the place. Shovel Knight is cheaper, Snipper clippers + I am Setsuna are around the same price as US, but then you've got Zelda and 1, 2, Switch way over the US price @ $81 and $71.

zeitgeist

Ok so I changed my region online and I see the game on the eShop for 225.99MX$. If I buy it with my credit card, it will stay on my home screen even if I change my region back?

Soi-Fong

Interesting my CC worked for the Mexico Eshop, but the EU and Japanese Eshop are giving me issues. I was wanting to buy Voez, but I'll just wait for it to release next week here.

As much as possible I really don't want to have multiple accounts but I might have to..

I think you can change your region of the main account online then access the store.

I made a new account that was US then made it Japan and was able to get Japanese demos.

I tried this, restarted my Switch, still logging me into the U.S Store.

Edit: Nevermind, seems to have worked.

HunteronX

Banned
You looked into Revolut? It's commonly used for purchases across all consoles / regions. It's essentially a virtual bank / master card you set up. With no international fees.

I'm from the UK too.

Tried using a Revolut virtual card, but it doesn't work for me.
Keeps asking me to verify information.

linkboy

Interesting my CC worked for the Mexico Eshop, but the EU and Japanese Eshop are giving me issues. I was wanting to buy Voez, but I'll just wait for it to release next week here.

As much as possible I really don't want to have multiple accounts but I might have to..

I ended up with a second account, since it's not letting me change my account to Mexico (tells me that the birthdate and country of origin must match, but won't let me change my birthday).

apotema

I've always wanted help from americans to send me online codes for eshop credit so, if you want a Mexican online code feel free to PM me and I will buy one over here and send the code to you at no extra charge (they tend to mark it up a little but not much)

apotema

Prices in that Mexican Eshop are all over the place. Shovel Knight is cheaper, Snipper clippers + I am Setsuna are around the same price as US, but then you've got Zelda and 1, 2, Switch way over the US price @ $81 and $71.

All indie and virtual console games use to be cheaper, but retail games are always more expensive in Mexico (due to Latamel, a bunch of gangsters)

Haines

Banned
Game actually plays fine on the joycons and looks great on the switch screen.

I have a pro controller if i need it anyways.

Thanks OP, I have the game on Wii U but will happily double-dip on Switch at this price.

Do I have to create a new account or can I just change my current accounts setting to Mexico, download the game, and then change back to US?

Hero

Thanks OP, makes double dipping on this even easier.

Thanks OP, I have the game on Wii U but will happily double-dip on Switch at this price.

Do I have to create a new account or can I just change my current accounts setting to Mexico, download the game, and then change back to US?

You can do that I believe but you lose any eShop balance you had on your original region settings. If you think you will ever be buying another game off the Mexican eShop it will probably be easier to just setup a new account.

ZeroX03

Banned
How do you change region to Mexico? I've switched system region to The Americas but can't see any options outside of that.

e: ah you do it at accounts.nintendo.com

Ryhian

How do you change region to Mexico? I've switched system region to The Americas but can't see any options outside of that.

e: ah you do it at accounts.nintendo.com

You create a new account on the Nintendo website and choose Mexico as your location. Then add a new user on your switch and link the account you created on the Nintendo website.

ZeroX03

Banned
You create a new account on the Nintendo website and choose Mexico as your location. Then add a new user on your switch and link the account you created on the Nintendo website.

Yeah I didn't need to create a new account, I just changed the region of the existing one.

Credit card is getting kicked back though, need a way to get the credit on there.

Wallach

Does Treasure Trove come with that game just to the left of it in that image? It said there was a Specter Knight campaign or something but I wasn't sure if that other standalone thing was separate or included as part of the Treasure Trove package.

Does Treasure Trove come with that game just to the left of it in that image? It said there was a Specter Knight campaign or something but I wasn't sure if that other standalone thing was separate or included as part of the Treasure Trove package.

It does. The other option if you want just the new expansion

Cranzor

Is there any difference between this and what's on the US eShop? I know this version has English but I wonder if they're the exact same download.

RM8

I'll personally snap your Switches in half if Mexican prices go up because of this. Nintendo and Steam have pretty sweet regional pricing for Mexico and I hope it stays like that :mad:

Just keeps saying 'Verify the information you have entered.' for me when I try and get it, that means my credit card doesn't work right?

Downhome

I am confused. I don't even see Mexico as an option in the region settings to change it to. I see Japan, Americas, Europe, and Australia.

oti

Banned
So the best thing to do here would be to create a new account, change the region to Mexico and pay via CC/Mexican eShop balance, right? I don't want to risk my account getting locked or something.

jacobeid

Banned
Thanks OP, I just bought it.

This is my fifth time buying this game so I don't feel too bad about getting it at this price ha. Wii U digital, PS4 digital, PS4 physical, PC, and now Switch lol.

You can do this? Rather than having two separate accounts for each region?

This is exactly what I did with no problems. I used a Chase Freedom CC.

Kikorin

Someone can confirm you can access other regions eshop (Mexican in this case) without have to create a new account?

Where can I change my region details for my mine account? Thanks!

jacobeid

Banned
Someone can confirm you can access other regions eshop (Mexican in this case) without have to create a new account?

Where can I change my region details for my mine account? Thanks!

Yes you can. I went to accounts.nintendo.com and changed my country of origin to Mexico, then accessed the eShop on my Switch. After I bought Shovel Knight and started the download, I changed my country of origin back to the US. I can access everything.

Top Bottom