• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn PS4s biggest ever Sony published new IP launch in the UK

Loudninja

Instead, it's Sony's PS4 exclusive Horizon Zero Dawn that grabs the crown, beating Nintendo's adventure title by a comfortable margin and becoming PS4's biggest ever new IP launch in the process.
It's also the biggest launch of the year so far and Sony's biggest launch since Uncharted 4.
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/horizon-zero-dawn-beats-zelda-to-no-1/0179703

Horizon is Sony's biggest new franchise launch on PS4 - a title previously held by No Man's Sky. It's also the biggest PS4 launch in general since Uncharted 4.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-06-horizon-zero-dawn-is-sonys-biggest-ps4-franchise-debut

It's also number 1 in the UK chart comfortably beating zelda.

BOTW is the 3rd best selling entry in the UK after wind waker and twilight princess

Congrats Guerrilla Games.
tumblr_okwjpfuVlZ1qa9abso2_r2_500.gif

bosseye

Superb game. Deserved. Genuinely find myself thinking about strategies for various tasks or the wonderful fiction of the world when at work etc.

Game deserves every sale it gets.

I'd say it will hit 8 million lifetime

Nice profit for a game that cost 50 million to make

Game is worth it.

Not surprised it outsold Zelda too tbh. I mean, how many PS4s are there compared to Wii Us and Switches at the moment?

And is the plural for Switch, Switches?

Bruno MB

Sony’s biggest ever PlayStation 4 launch of a new IP.

Watch Dogs or Destiny had a bigger launch on PlayStation 4.

madmackem

PS4 userbase in the UK is in the millions. Wii U was an absolute bomb in the UK and Switch has just launched. It was never going to be close.
How so? Nearly every switch sold will be with a copy of Zelda as there's very little else out for it, attach rate will be insane.

xviper

well earned

best sony exclusive new IP since the last of us( BloodBorne is NOT a new IP)

in the sequel i hope they turn it into a real RPG or remove the dead useless dialogue system

Game is worth it.

Not surprised it outsold Zelda too tbh. I mean, how many PS4s are there compared to Wii Us and Switches at the moment?

And is the plural for Switch, Switches?

Well I think I remember reading Skyward Sword sold like 3-4mil total...Zelda is a legendary franchise and a big deal but its not a best seller, it'd be interesting what it selss cross gen tho.

Floody

Does this mean it beat stuff like Destiny? Because that's insane if so.

Congratulations GG, well deserved.

This is very positive news for Sony and the developer. Hoping this means more investment in new, original IP. Well done to all involved.

poodaddy

Hey Ill eat all the crow and I'm happy to do it. I didn't think it'd do well, in fact I had a bad feeling about whether or not it would even be a good game at all. Egg on my face and I'm thrilled to be wrong! Happy for its success and 2017 as a year,
for gaming at least
, so far.

Hope this year continues on to be the best in gaming history!

Really incredible game, fully deserved. Uncharted 4 and Bloodborne were great but being sequels, either literally or spiritually, Horizon is probably the most exciting *new* thing from Sony since The Last Of Us. Definitely the most accomplished thing Guerrilla has put out. Really fantastic on all fronts.

jelly

Nice.

Advertising was also amazing. They showed a game play segment in a TV ad with no cuts. They pushed it well.

Top Bottom