• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn PS4s biggest ever Sony published new IP launch in the UK

Robiin

Yeah, that's true, but it was not a given that it would outsell Zelda or even Resident Evil 7 combined formats.
Oh yeah, Zelda I would have guessed simply because of install base - but beating RE7 combined is a good look.
Knack. Man, it beat Knack! Sony must be crazy happy with that.
Sony might be happy, but how does Cerny feel? :(

I assume they are counting NMS in "New Sony IPs"? If so then goid job!

Donos

Saying Bloodborne is not new ip is like bringing Thor 2 into a Marvel thread.

Congrats at GG. So, how about KZ 2 and 3 remaster bundle for PS4 Sony (don't care if only digital).

Switch numbers seem good too.

Jamiaro

Propably gonna buy a copy at some point. I've played enough open world-games, gotten bored of the genre. Good to see that this is doing REALLY well. :)

Incredibly well deserved, it's a phenomenal game and I can't wait to jump back in when Zelda starts to trail off (I've been trying to split time but Zelda hasn't let me yet).

Honestly, this game ticked so many boxes for me and I wasn't necessarily expecting it to be as good as it is. Its also nice to see a game with a female protagonist succeed, it just goes to show that the majority of people just want a great game and couldn't give two shits of the gender (or hopefully race) of the protagonist.

What a time to be a gamer.

Son Of D

How so? Nearly every switch sold will be with a copy of Zelda as there's very little else out for it, attach rate will be insane.
Assuming every Switch owner bought Zelda, that's 80k Switches sold at UK launch, plus a minimal amount of Wii U copies sold. Horizon sold over 100k.

Gamezone

Gold Member
I hope others will notice and release more new IP's. Horizon Zero Dawn and The Last of Us have been absolutely awsome games. I'm no Playstation gamer, but I'm genuinely jealous. Microsoft, please notice.

sirap

Congrats to everyone who worked on this! This game is so well made it managed to pull me away from Zelda :O

In a few more weeks we'll be getting another Mass Effect. What a wonderful time for gaming.

ArmGunar

Assuming every Switch owner bought Zelda, that's 80k Switches sold at UK launch, plus a minimal amount of Wii U copies sold. Horizon sold over 100k.

80k Switch at launch
75% Switch's software are Zelda = 60k Zelda Switch

78/22 ratio Switch/Wii U version of Zelda
So Zelda totals = 77k

Horizon > 77k at launch

my take on this:

1) GTA5 at number 3?!?!?!! STILL?!?!
2) The Last Of Us Part 2 is going to eat every game for breakfast when it launch. Let it be a warning to any games that dared to launch around the same period.

dogstar

Banned
Fantastic news for Guerrilla Games, and absolutley deserved.

Without doubt one of the best games of all time for me.

FelipeMGM

80k Switch at launch

So Zelda totals = 77k

Horizon > 77k at launch

thats not what that info means

Hardware total is not = software total

People can buy more than one game you know (like 1,2 Switch which debuted at #4)

black070

Still playing through it but so far I think it's the best game on PS4 right now

Without a doubt - I love The Witcher 3 & Bloodborne with all my heart, but this game provides the best of both so as a single experience, Horizon takes the cake.

Moneal

80k Switch at launch

So Zelda totals = 77k

Horizon > 77k at launch

that 75% isn't zelda switch attach rate. zelda sold 75% of all switch software. Zelda is probably real close to 80k for switch.

If I didn't pick up switch and Zelda this week I would have 100% picked up Horizon
As it is I'll pick it up later when there is a price drop now

true story...i cancelled my switch preorder from amazon jp (as there's free shipping to Singapore) and preordered Horizon on PSN instead after the review embargo lifted...

well earned

best sony exclusive new IP since the last of us( BloodBorne is NOT a new IP)

in the sequel i hope they turn it into a real RPG or remove the dead useless dialogue system

What the hell is this? Bloodborne is a new IP by definition.

Anyway, congrats to my fellow Dutchies from Guerrilla.

Skux

Game is incredible. 15 hours in and I can't wait to play more. Squeezing in every minute I can between work and rehearsals.

Ubisoft is sweating bullets right now.
Who is going to buy their bland formulaic open world games after they played Horizon(and Zelda for that matter)?

I really hope these two games will inspire more developers to get out of their comfort zones when it comes to open world design and open world gameplay design.

Open world fatigue is not a thing, but bad open world fatigue is a thing.

Who is going to buy their bland formulaic open world games after they played Horizon(and Zelda for that matter)?

I really hope these two games will inspire more developers to get out of their comfort zones when it comes to open world design and open world gameplay design.

they'll just make another bland formulaic open world game instead. Open World Tennis brought to you by Ubisoft. Climb towers to serve

The exact reason I'll be avoiding GR.

Their only redeeming factor was that it looked good "for an open world game" until horizon was released. Bu now there really is no excuses.

Top Bottom