• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn PS4s biggest ever Sony published new IP launch in the UK

madmackem

That attachment rate doesn't mean a thing if they didn't ship enough Switches to sell in the first place.
Not in the uk, there's walk in store stuck everywhere in my city, even Amazon had prime now two hour delv on both switchs on launch day.

Radec

How so? Nearly every switch sold will be with a copy of Zelda as there's very little else out for it, attach rate will be insane.

Sure attach rate is expected to be insane for zelda/switch. But it won't matter really if the switch sales aren't great.

Majora

How so? Nearly every switch sold will be with a copy of Zelda as there's very little else out for it, attach rate will be insane.

How many Switches were sold in 3 days? We already know Horizon sold over 110,000 copies.

Breath of the Wild is naturally constrained by how many Switches were sold in the first weekend. There's the Wii U but that was never alive in the UK to begin with.

krumble

If I didn't pick up switch and Zelda this week I would have 100% picked up Horizon
As it is I'll pick it up later when there is a price drop now

Robiin

DriveClub
The Order: 1886
Bloodborne
Until Dawn

Off the top of my head.
Yeah, not necessarily "heavy hitters" to be honest. Bloodborne got hyped to hell, but it's still not a "mainstream" cinematic game. DriveClub got hit hard by the negative word-of-mouth. The Order was not marketed to hell and back, and also didn't receive positive reviews. Until Dawn was more of a slow burn.

So in all honesty, Horizon outselling them all at launch seemed like a given, especially when reviews have been as good as they have. Still great to see though.

Ever? Plenty.
Sorry, no not ever. I implied in this generation because that's what the thread is about.

bombshell

Yeah, not necessarily "heavy hitters" to be honest. Bloodborne got hyped to hell, but it's still not a "mainstream" cinematic game. DriveClub got hit hard by the negative word-of-mouth. The Order was not marketed to hell and back, and also didn't receive positive reviews. Until Dawn was more of a slow burn.

So in all honesty, Horizon outselling them all at launch seemed like a given, especially when reviews have been as good as they have. Still great to see though.

Yeah, that's true, but it was not a given that it would outsell Zelda or even Resident Evil 7 combined formats.

well earned

best sony exclusive new IP since the last of us( BloodBorne is NOT a new IP)

in the sequel i hope they turn it into a real RPG or remove the dead useless dialogue system

Should have named it Bloodborne 2 then.

Oh wait, it is a new IP

Tajbong

Neo Member
Been playing it the whole weekend - pure AAA blockbuster.
Glad to see a new IP doing so well in sales. Hopefully that will spur more came companies to try something new.

Congrats Guerrilla Games.
tumblr_okwjpfuVlZ1qa9abso2_r2_500.gif

Wow that art is awesome

noshten

Fantastic opening for Horizon, so far it's been a fantastic year in terms of software on the PS4. I don't really remember a stronger month in terms of new games on the system.

Idiots. It was never going to be a flop. They let a rushed launch game cloud their logic.

well earned

in the sequel i hope they turn it into a real RPG or remove the dead useless dialogue system

I mean sure; if you fundamentally misunderstand what a new IP is.

It probably sold great, but how many new big budget IPs have Sony launched though? Genuine question.

Knack. Man, it beat Knack! Sony must be crazy happy with that.

well earned

Facts say otherwise.

Anyway, congrats Guerrilla. Horizon's a pretty incredible game.

Well deserved! I'm honestly surprised how much fun I'm having with the game since I'm not the biggest fan of Guerilla Games. My copy of Zelda comes today, but I'm but not sure how to balance both :(

well earned

every copy was sold out in my local super markets

don't try and derail the thread with this rubbish

Lovely result!
Always good to see new IP prosper especially when it's well deserved.

Congrats to GG on putting out one of this gens best games so far.

Mario007

Sorry, no not ever. I implied in this generation because that's what the thread is about.
Also NMS which did 115000 first week.

ddikxela

So is this the biggest launch of a new ip on the ps4 in the UK or....... the biggest launch of a new Sony ip on the PS4 in the UK??

The way it is worded makes me think the former but reading alot of comments here makes me think I've interpreted it wrong???

I wonder what Sony's biggest new IP launches ever are. The Last of Us, Gran Turismo, maybe LittleBigPlanet? I doubt God of War or Uncharted had particularly big launches.

Roufianos

well earned

Do you even know what IP means? What a strange claim.

Anyway happy for Horizon. I had my doubts about the game but a few hours in I'm very impressed.

Top Bottom