• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft is the marketing partner for Middle-Earth: Shadow of War

MauroNL

As per Aaron Greenberg
twiteljgd.png

Seems like this will be a title Microsoft will be pushing hard for Scorpio launch (window).

Also interview with Monolith from TechRadar with some Scorpio talk.

http://www.techradar.com/news/middl...technical-art-talks-microsoft-project-scorpio

Allen describes Monolith and Microsoft's working relationship as "fantastic" – both are based in Seattle, for starters – but what about the actual Project Scorpio hardware?

"So far, we really like it," Allen says. "I don't know how much they've revealed the specs, but it is an upgrade. It's not just sort-of, 'We're going to upgrade some stuff.' There's things you can do with it. So, we're pretty excited to be working with them specifically."

If there's one feature Allen has to pick when it comes to defining Project Scorpio as a great system to make a game for, it's as easy as three letters.

"HDR," he immediately offers. "Until you've seen the game at 4K and HDR, it's a different ... you can watch it [in HDR] for a while, and after seeing it for a couple of months, you normalize it. Then you go back to not looking at it [HDR], and it actually is really different."

"I don't know how much consumer uptick is going to be of 4K HDR TVs, but we've got a couple, and the game looks fantastic," Allen adds. "For me, I'm really excited about showing it off at some point. Hopefully in the near future we can show that off."
http://www.techradar.com/news/middl...technical-art-talks-microsoft-project-scorpio

Also screw you Paint 3D for that horrible screen cap. Where is my old Paint?!

oldmario

i wonder if they'll be using scorpio footage to advertise the xbone version

like they did with FFXIII using PS3 footage to advertise the 360 version

I think we'll see MS go very hard with "marketing Partners" this year with the Scorpio Launch. Show the Best Console Version possible. They can make it seem like a new gen console launch without alienating their current consumers.

Busty

Banned
Strange considering WB usually prefers working with Sony, maybe they moneyhatted this

I imagine this was the case. Seeing as it's coming to the PS4 too they could probably have negotiated a better deal with MS given that they weren't in the strongest of positions.

Karak

I think we'll see MS go very hard with "marketing Partners" this year with the Scorpio Launch. Show the Best Console Version possible. They can make it seem like a new gen console launch without alienating their current consumers.

Correct. There are more coming end of this month as announces if the rumor is true

blakep267

I mean yeah I thought it was painfully obvious as how the trailers popped up on their page and the initial reveal had Xbox stuff.

Head.spawn

I guess that means we'll definitely be seeing the Scorpio version @E3 then. Looking forward to it checking it out, I'll be grabbing this once Scorpio drops.

Kill3r7

This is an August release. I think MS will probably get AC do to the sheer amount of money Sony is spending this holiday season on Destiny, COD, BF2 and RDR2.

Kilau

Gold Member
I'll get it on steam, i'm not buying another windows store game until that crap is working properly.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Strange considering WB usually prefers working with Sony, maybe they moneyhatted this

they prefer to work with who pays them more. Xbox paid them more this time. Just like COD went xbox -> plystation before. So yes...they "moneyhatted" this which is what any marketing deal is.

Lucreto

Sony could be money hatting the rumoured Batman game instead or decided to go for Red Dead Redemption 2 and Assassin's Creed Osiris.

It doesn't really matter it will sell more on PS4 anyway no matter how much they push Scorpio. The CE is out of stock in Amazon UK for PS4 but still available on Xbox.

butman

What is the point of this?
Make believe to casuals that the game is an exclusive? That it run better? That it use kinect?

Interesting choice as I haven't seen anything to this game that shows off the power of the Scorpio.

Gameplay looks great but its no graphical showpiece.

Vico

The fact that it is Play Anywhere is great. This goes a little bit beyond just marketing, it's also good for gamers.

Syysch

If there's one feature Allen has to pick when it comes to defining Project Scorpio as a great system to make a game for, it's as easy as three letters.

"HDR,"

Is that not available for XB1(S)? Because it is for OG and Pro PS4s.

I'm not meaning this as a ps4 vs xbox thing, just seems like a weird choice as for the one thing that makes it a great system when it's a feature that's becoming the norm.

Makes sense. Sony probably wasn't even in the bidding seeing as they've already probably got RDR2, Destiny 2, CoD and Battlefront 2 co-marketing deals this holiday season.

I half expect the new Assassin's Creed to have a co-marketing deal with Microsoft too.

exclusive marketing is the best kind of moneyhat

suits get something to brag about in press conferences while content is not held back from owners of the wrong system

Theorry

Makes sense. Sony probably wasn't even in the bidding seeing as they've already probably got RDR2, Destiny 2, CoD and Battlefront 2 co-marketing deals this holiday season.

I half expect the new Assassin's Creed to have a co-marketing deal with Microsoft too.

Its MS its turn again with AC. Believe it changes with every game like Battlefield.

Black Flag, PS4
Unity. Xbox
Syndicate. PS4
New AC. Xbox.

Guymelef

Well, good luck trying to show this game as a "new gen".

I expect MS to go pretty nuts with the marketing deals this year.

Its gonna be like that year a few years ago when they had COD, Battlefield, Assassins Creed, Madden, Fifa all on lock.

The EA/MS romance will continue unabated. Maybe they get Battlefront 2 now as well.
I expect Assassins Creed to go Xbox again too.

From the sounds of things Sony's Destiny deal is still a go so Sony still has that. They already got Red Dead which is huge but LOL that game isnt coming out this year.

Lucifon

I do hope Scorpio is closer to August as opposed to Christmas. By October onwards I'll have already finished this, if not sooner.

Finaj

exclusive marketing is the best kind of moneyhat

suits get something to brag about in press conferences while content is not held back from owners of the wrong system

I wish Activision would get that. I don't want to have to deal with one console having exclusive DLC for a year when Destiny's sequel comes out.

Backlogger

Edit: XPA was already announced.

While I agree this is big news, I am only interested in XPA games for exclusives and/or 1st party games that will never come to Steam. I'm sure most primarily PC gamers feel the same way. I love XPA for exclusives though since I'd rather have that than nothing at all (on PC that is).

Will be interested to see how this affects digital purchases for those who primarily game on Xbox over PC, if this has any bearing on their decision to go digital, whatsoever.

black070

You're overestimating what the Scorpio versions of third party games will look like, especially in compressed Youtube videos.

Top Bottom