• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

To those who played the ME: Andromeda trial: are you buying the full game?

eXMomoj

I'm still on the fence after playing the trial. I'm going to wait on reviews to see how prevalent bugs are later in the game.

SenkiDala

Yes, I love everything about the game except the facials expressions, but I won't buy it until some times... I've a lot lot of games to finish and P5 is coming soon.

I really enjoyed the combat and the story has me decently intrigued, and in my experience I'm not really noticing the bad animations (some here and there, but not nearly as prevalent as some threads would have you believe). So yeah I'll probably buy it.

JBuccCP

Maybe later this year after a price drop, or when it gets added to EA Access. For now I've just got too many better games to play. I don't hate it but it mostly seems "not bad" as compared to some of the other great games that are out.

I already bought it

I need something to distract me until Persona 5. This is HIGHLY unlikely to rank anywhere near my GOTY list assuming quality games keep coming this year assuming the quality is like first 8 hours I've played.

But hey, hilarious shit will happen so I'm game.

NullMoon

Neo Member
Going to definitely wait, I was a huge fan of the Mass Effect Trilogy yet Andromeda did grab me me. It feels a bit underdeveloped and it just didn't do anything for me like the others which is a shame but that's just how I feel.

Yes, but not for a while - I still haven't finished Breath of the Wild, & I'm currently also working my way through the original trilogy again.

I quite like what I've played so far but I'm going to wait because I have Zelda and buying the Switch sucked up my gaming budget for the moment.

JoeBoy101

Yup.

Just got done with the Trial, and here's the end of what I posted in the other thread:

Moi said:
Trial Judgment: I bought it after the trial.

Look, I know you've all seen the gifs, "My face is tired", and the backwards gun shot. The question is how jarring and degrading is it to the overall game experience. From my opinion, not much. Rough around the edges is a good descriptor as there is a VERY fun game here with alot of promise going forward plotwise and such. The problem is that the mileage you get despite the issues is very personal. I see enough gameplay, experience, and fun to justify the $60, but can understand it being too much, preorder cancelled for others.

In the end, I'm guessing this will be a VERY divisive game. Expect some people giving it 9s and others giving it 5s. Based on what I played, I'd give it an 8.5 or so. But I also can't wait to play more on Tuesday, so if this just growing pains for the overall length of play, awesome.

Absolutely. Been waiting 5 years for a new story in that universe. I'm still hyped about it and I'm looking forward to playing more.

MarveI

Still undecided. Most likely yes but not at launch.

Liked the atmosphere, felt Mass Effect to me. But a poor version of it. With characters I don't care much for.

rdytoroll

I don't think so. I'm waiting for what reviews have to say. Playing the trial certainly didn't give me much hope though

On the fence. For me it's all dependent on one thing, the other planets. I really enjoyed the prologue planet but I really didn't like the first story planet at all and it has me worried.

I certainly won't be purchasing it anytime soon. The game crashes my gpu drivers when I try to open the map. no other games do this and I've tried several driver versions.

It's a technical mess for me. Also waiting for reviews to see if the game is actually any good story wise.. first impressions don't seem all that great.

DapperSloth

Sorry, I can't be immersed with a game that has dead people as characters, so no. Even more so when you spend almost the entire game talking, looking and getting immersed with the characters.

I wasn't going to after reading a few threads on here but after finishing my EA Access trial I'm definitely picking it up next week.

Really enjoyed my time with it so far.

The positive impressions from the trial have justified my pre order. But I was never going to cancel it anyway it's Mass Effect.

Absolutely yes! I enjoyed what I played in the 10 hour demo, and there is so much more to discover in the single player AND there's a whole 'nother multiplayer mode. I never got to experience ME3's multiplayer mode, and I want to do so in ME: A.

Zesh

Yes, but my expectations are lower now (not that they were particularly high to begin with, admittedly).

StereoVsn

Not at release. I will wait for a few months worth of patching and then re-evaluate and get it for a discount. Not really digging the game enough to deal with the issues.

Yes. I'm not a hypocryt who doesn't want to play a good game with good story because of some facial animations

Where is this mythical good story? Certainly not part of the trial as storytelling, characterization and writing quality are all subpar.

What gameplay though? Like, the combat? the act of walking? the dialogue wheel?
Combat doesn't feel good because weapons don't feel impactful for me, companion AI is dumb as a rock so you have to do all combos yourself, auto cover is finicky, and 3 active ability limit coupled with the above makes the whole thing not mesh together.

Definitely. Initial impressions were terrible, but loved the combat system and exploring once I got the Mako.

I find the gifs and "Face is tired" video hilarious at the same time.

Not at release. I'll give it another look after a few patches or maybe on a sale
:/

Basically this. I ll wait to see what they do with patches, DLC, maybe even some PC mods before I'm in. As the game is now, I can't see myself getting it.

In the meantime, I have a bunch of backlog games, Horizon and Persona if I am dying to play anything.

Top Bottom