• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man out of the MCU after Homecoming 2 - Amy Pascal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

Amy Pascal said:
One of the things that I think is so amazing about this experience is that you don't have studios deciding to work together to make a film very often.

In fact, it may never happen again--after we do the sequel.

Because Sony and Disney and Marvel all decided that the right thing to do was to allow Peter Parker and Spider-Man to be in the MCU, and to work with the Marvel guys and have them produce this film, and I think that was a very rare thing for three companies to do and a very brilliant thing for them to decide to do because there are only so many stories that you know you can tell again and again and again about Spidey, and this is something that we would never been able to do in any other way. So, it was a very selfless thing that was very smart on the part of all the companies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glpcj-oQEN0

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/spider-man-out-mcu-following-spider-man-homecoming-sequel

I just... sorry, what?

I think the sequel would probably be Graduation, right?

Lff8Hr1.gif

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I'm down for 2 great movies and Act 2 of Civil War.

Then Rothman and Ari Arad can nuke the franchise again with xVENOMx and Kamala Khan can take her rightful place as most popular character in the MCU.

guek

Banned
Eh. This isn't really news. Deals can always be made in the future, the lack of one being in place now doesn't exclude the possibility of more Spider-man MCU movies after Homecoming's sequel.

Mindwipe

Eh. This isn't really news. Deals can always be made in the future, the lack of one being in place now doesn't exclude the possibility of more Spider-man MCU movies after Homecoming's sequel.

Yup. The thread title is... very misleading.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Toldja.

Rothman been playing y'all since the beginning.

Y'all been schooled.

...how? MCU gets 2.5 Spidey movies and moves on. Rothman gets to kill another franchise, but the MCU remains untainted.

this continues to be a gift to fans of cape movies

Phamit

If those Movies make Sony a lot of money they will make a new contract. Or they think they can make a Spider-Verse and make even more money

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
The Sony Spider-Verse Lives*!

*for a brief while until its discovered people don't give a web-slinging fuck about Black Cat, Silver Sable, or Aunt May movies

number11

I wonder if Tom Holland's contract tied to the MCU in anyway. Would be crazy for Sony to reboot the franchise again after the sequel.

Zen Aku

Sony would be dumb to leave money on the table if this Spider-Man is a hit.

All they literally have to do is let's Marvel keep using Spidey and just take in the money without lifting a finger.

LMAO
M
A
O

After Spidey does better than any blockbuster on your slate and Venom underwhelms, we'll see. Don't get too big for your britches, Sony.

I wonder if Tom Holland's contract tied to the MCU in anyway. Would be crazy for Sony to reboot the franchise again after the sequel.

I wonder if Tom Holland's gonna have any say in this. Or if Marvel will offer any of their heavy-hitters to Sony, like they're doing with RDJr.

Let's revisit this statement next year after we go through Sony Pictures' financial report for 2017...

The whole studio is bound to crumble within the next 2 years or so. I fully expect the studio to be sold off be Sony in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom