• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS4 retail sku incoming?

Cornbread78

Just saw these come in; they retail at $299 in NA.

6wFmVdS.jpg

Looked online, but couldn't see anything, but it's certainly helpful to have a larger hd option for newer customers not buying a PS4 Pro... Was this talked about anywhere else?

Model: CUH-2015B

EDIT: This is specifically for NA retail.

Is this a new thing? Saw them everywhere here in Portugal, actually got one since they were being sold for 250€ (promotion).

G0523

Finally. The Xbox One has a 2TB model and I'm surprised Sony didn't compete with that. I guess they didn't need to though.

Plum

1TB should be the default for the PS4 and X1 at this point. Glad that 1TB isn't just limited to the Pro and Vanilla anymore.

Slightly unrelated, but the box designs for the PS4 Slim and Pro aren't great. That plain white background just looks, well... plain ugly to me.

night814

Having just got a PS4 a month ago and filling it up immediately before installing 10 retail games this should obviously have been standard from the beginning. These installs and updates this gen are way too blotted, 70 GB for FFXV is insane to me.

1TB, at this point in the generation, is probably the minimum. I mean, it still takes a while to fill, but once you do...

At least external drives are a thing, now. That helped immensely.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
My launch PS4 keeps beeping, spiting out disks, wifi seems to be getting worse over time, and today I find out certain vermin love it. Def getting this since the pro doesn't interest me at all.

37gb of space left tho 500gb held up nicely

Welfare

Was weird how it took so long for the 1TB to make its way over. Even the 1TB old model never came over here back in 2015. Only reserved for special bundles.

But no bundled game?

Cornbread78

I remember the olden days of getting an 80gb PS3

I laugh at it now, but I called over 200 electronic stores trying to find my 80gb Motorstorm bundle, since it was the last BC unit they were making.... Trying to find that and a Wii at the same time was some serious mindful(k... In the end, I found them on the same day in two different towns and drive around to grab on of each...

surprised they shipped to retail prior to any kind of announcement though..

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
Yep, saw this post from the official page on on FB today:

"Arriving in stores and online later this month: new slim PS4 system featuring a 1TB internal hard drive for $379.99 CDN MSRP!"

So 299 US.

Top Bottom