• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jez Corden (Windows Central): Halo Wars 2 is coming to Steam

Chobel

https://twitter.com/JezCorden/status/861729727027064833

PBvhZZJ.png

Lock if old.

EDIT:

also please take this as a rumor for now, I was drunk when I received the info and now I cannot track down where I got it, but! if it comes to Steam some time in the future remember this thread :')

#projournalism

etta

my hard graphic balls
This better be the start of them putting ALL their games on Steam...
Go do what uPlay does and make people "activate" the games through the Windows Store if you want, just get it done Microsoft.

This makes me annoyed I got $65 store credit on the Windows Store from Bing searches. Can I convert that into Steam funny money so I can buy Crackdown 3 from there pretty please microsoft?

RoKKeR

Good, but they need to be doing this day and date. Keep Play Anywhere as a Win10 Store incentive but stop throwing revenue away by not releasing on Steam.

orochi91

I'm a bit confused by this move.

Is HW2 not a 1st-party game? Why would they not keep it exclusive to their own W10 Store?

Does this mean that other Xbox games, like Forza and Gears, will also release on Steam at a later date?

Guymelef

Is HW2 not a 1st-party game? Why would they not keep it exclusive to their own W10 Store?

Does this mean that other Xbox games, like Forza and Gears, will also release on Steam at a later date?

Probably because it bombed and they are trying to recover some money.

Roboculus

Is HW2 now a 1st-party game? Why would they not keep it exclusive to their own W10 Store?

Does this mean that other Xbox games, like Forza and Gears, will also release on Steam at a later fate?

They put Quantum Break on Steam last fall and they fully own that IP.

I don't know about their biggest games. They might do that at some point but right now they seem to be keeping them exclusive and just putting the games that didn't sell as well on Steam.

jez.c

Neo Member
fake news

srsly though, I believe Microsoft is working on a solution to solve Steam/Windows 10 Store connectivity too, so hopefully the communities won't be split up (but still working on getting that bit of info confirmed).

They should just forget about these Windows Store non-sense. No need to keep games on a service that bad or that may disappear again. And if they believe crossbuy has value for some people, then they can keep selling there on top of Steam, for those who might want to take the risk.

Probably a bone thrown to Sega and CA.

That's what I believe as well. Basically, games developped by a 3rd party.

Parsnip

For now, I'll take this as a confirmation that it bombed elsewhere and that's why they are putting it up.
But it's going to be very interesting to snoop at steamdb once it's out, to see when exactly they uploaded it in there to get some idea when the decision was made.

ALL UNITS

gaming_noob

fake news

srsly though, I believe Microsoft is working on a solution to solve Steam/Windows 10 Store connectivity too, so hopefully the communities won't be split up (but still working on getting that bit of info confirmed).

Megaton news if proven.

Tagyhag

I shit you not, I wouldn't be surprised if it sold less than 10,000 copies on the W10 Store.

At some point, you look at what you have and wonder "Is it really financially viable for me to keep this off Steam?"

PC Halo Wars 2 on a platform that isn't contemptible and insulting? Hooray!

How much like a traditional base-building RTS is Halo Wars?

Knew it.

Shame they have the dumb no multi-player across steam and windows store, but otherwise a good thing to be on multiple stores.

Trup1aya

Knew it.

Shame they have the dumb no multi-player across steam and windows store, but otherwise a good thing to be on multiple stores.

Multiplayer between steam and windows is allowed... it's up to the dev

If I were them I'd probably release all first party titles on Steam and Win10, but make the Win10 version cheaper at launch

jediyoshi

I shit you not, I wouldn't be surprised if it sold less than 10,000 copies on the W10 Store.

At some point, you look at what you have and wonder "Is it really financially viable for me to keep this off Steam?"

Hot damn I'd love to see H2 Win10 Store numbers versus H1 Steam numbers.

Trago

Microsoft! Support Steam and Win32, and you can have my money!

And more of your PC-centric ip's.

I would honestly rebuy the hand full of Windows Store games I have on Steam if they became available, just to avoid that service all together. I'll definitely be picking up HW2 now.

jez.c

Neo Member
also please take this as a rumor for now, I was drunk when I received the info and now I cannot track down where I got it, but! if it comes to Steam some time in the future remember this thread :')

#projournalism

Top Bottom