• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brandwatch: Microsoft took 44% of all conference-related mentions

We tracked 2.7 million English-language mentions of E3 2017 between 10th and 13th June 2017 (the days on which major conferences ran).
dJxuNRX.jpg

Games:
Full article, including detailed info about all conferences - https://www.brandwatch.com/blog/react-e3-live-blog-2017/

shandy706

Wow....I suppose that's pretty wild with how big social media is.

Forza above MHW, UC, CoD, NFS, Days Gone, Destiny 2.

Racing has returned guys!!

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Impressive, although you have to factor in that MS had an extra, like, 30 hours of exposure during that period where they were the only news happening. Probably better to compare specific buzz per company in the immediate 12 hours after their conference ended, or something.

Ludist210

I'm not surprised. They showed the X there, and given they're the only company that showed a new console, it's getting the most buzz.

Impressive, although you have to factor in that MS had an extra, like, 30 hours of exposure during that period where they were the only news happening. Probably better to compare specific buzz per company in the immediate 12 hours after their conference ended, or something.
This as well.

Hindl

Why is anyone talking about ass creed that much..

It's consistently one of the best-selling and most popular IPs on the market and has been MIA for a year and reappears looking like its bringing fresh ideas to a stale formula?

Also MP4 :')

Not surprised AC Origins got that many mentions considering it was spread across three conferences.

That said, cool that Netroid Prome 4 is very close to their stat.

night814

Weird that Assassin's Creed got so much, I suspect a lot of it was complaining about it. Good to see Nintendo up there a lot, treehouse paying dividends in attention grabbing

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Surprised Nintendo didn't do especially well. I thought they had the best showcase of material, if only narrowly.

OuterLimits

Honestly I thought Monster Hunter World would be higher. Even Kirby managed to be higher.

Not surprised AssCreed and Metroid is are the top 2.

Moneal

Probably due to the OneX, but how much of that was negative? I know a ton of people weren't happy with price, and I saw that on social media.

pr0cs

Doing their show on Sunday was genius. Captive audience, a lot of people I know that would never tune in to watch e3 did out of curiosity this year since Sunday was easily accessible

Wagram

I honestly believe Sony thought Shadow of the Colossus would have a bigger splash than it did. However, i'm not really surprised at the reception. There's two very defined groups for Ueda's games. Much like David Cage, you're either straight in or straight out.

Hindl

Surprised Nintendo didn't do especially well. I thought they had the best showcase of material, if only narrowly.
They came in 2nd, and MS had a never-before-seen console to unveil that's also the most powerful console ever. Not too surprising that MS would dominate the conversation
I honestly believe Sony thought Shadow of the Colossus would have a bigger splash than it did. However, i'm not really surprised at the reception. There's two very defined groups for Ueda's games. Much like David Cage, you're either straight in or straight out.
I was a little surprised too tbh. I figured that would be a mic drop moment for a lot of people. And it certainly was, but it was a lot fewer people than I thought

Matriox

It's consistently one of the best-selling and most popular IPs on the market and has been MIA for a year and reappears looking like its bringing fresh ideas to a stale formula?

It's a big franchise and they took a year off last year. Thirst is real!

Gross. Not for me I guess, but anecdotally none of my friends have even brought up asscreed yet so it surprised me that it was so high on that list let alone first by a long shot.

ianpm31

Probably due to the OneX, but how much of that was negative? I know a ton of people weren't happy with price, and I saw that on social media.

I know 4 coworkers of mine that were talking about the OneX the day after their conference and I can tell you they were not positive.

They didn't necessarily do badly. They were on the last day, so they had less time, and they had the second most talked about presence after Microsoft's conference. Not to mention 4/10 of the top 10 mentioned games are coming to their platforms

FinKL

I am DEFINITELY out of the loop, I don't even remember seeing Assassin's Creed and I watched most of the MS and all of the Sony conferences.

The data seems to suggest that they got so many mentions because they showed so many games during their conference. I guess that makes sense.

Top Bottom