• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brandwatch: Microsoft took 44% of all conference-related mentions

I know 4 coworkers of mine that were talking about the OneX the day after their conference and I can tell you they were not positive.

If we’re using anecdotes, I have FIVE coworkers of mine that were talking about the OnX the day after their conference and I can tell you they were positive.

Why is anyone talking about ass creed that much..

Because the AC series has really been a mixed bag recently. Still have got some pretty good ones, but also some pretty bad ones. The series has generally gone downhill.

AC: Origins actually looks really good and the setting is also more interesting imo.

How is anthem not even close to the top mentions of the MS conference. It was the most visually mindblowing game in the history of e3 conferences, did people just turn off the conference, did everyone go blind?

here are some twitch viewer charts

note:
take into account, that Microsofts main audience was on Mixer and had more differet streaming options than any other company
still the conference on Sunday was the most watched

twitch_viewer57szl.png

twitch_viewer_channelzgs6b.png

blakep267

How is anthem not even close to the top mentions of the MS conference. It was the most visually mindblowing game in the history of e3 conferences, did people just turn off the conference, did everyone go blind?
Honestly while I thought it was cool, I could also see how it would fall flat for a lot of people. Nothing was like punch you in the face awesome that DBZ or Spider-Man was. It was somewhat simple and boring

Nice to see so many SP games in the top 10.

And as a fan of the AC series, I'm just delighted that it's trending. Seeing the Ubisoft marketing machine for Origins, I have to imagine that they have really big expectations for this one.

Baleoce

Metroid Prime being so high up makes me happy. And that wasn't even a trailer. Also bloody hell Skyrim has some staying power.. Then again, wasn't it in like 3 press conferences?

EDIT - Wait, Mario + Rabbids above Mario Odyssey o_o erm, okay!

Bulby

Man, Crackdown 3 higher than COD.

Probably doesnt mean anything, but I can see Battlefront 2 being the number 1 shooter this year.

Xbox should have a hell of a year for first party next year especially with the power of Scorpio. Watching the tear down and build of the thing made me want one without even careing about games

Welfare

Here is the breakdown. They did count the negatives with Forza revealing a car and the esports commentary.
DBF in the 5th biggest peak for mentions during the conference is amazing. Was the most important 3rd party game after ACO lol.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Why is anyone talking about ass creed that much..
Its a black protag in Egypt that is appropriately having other dark skinned people in the setting, combine that with the political climate going on in America right now and may be add a dash of black panther run over hype and you get this result

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Here is the breakdown. They did count the negatives with Forza revealing a car and the esports commentary.

Nothing like taking actual numbers, adding subjective comments, then trying to pass it off as official statistics.

Terry Crewes should host Microsoft's conferences from now on.

I'd rather Xbox have Terry Crews conference exclusivity than Destiny DLC exclusivity.

geordiemp

God these surveys are complete rubbish.

Most people were probably tweeting about 499 price, but hey, if someone can sell data then sell it.

MS conference was good, but social media mentions is a silly metric and only matters if someone tweets they are convinced to buy an Xbox.

Hell they could be laughing at Phils shirt.

Heh, a freaking logo was the second most mentioned game. Think Metroid fans were a little starved up until now?

God these surveys are complete rubbish.

Most people were probably tweeting about 499 price, but hey, if someone can sell data then sell it.

MS conference was good, but social media mentions is a silly metric and only matters if someone tweets they are convinced to buy an Xbox.

Hell they could be laughing at Phils shirt.

All it says is that whatever Microsoft did generated a lot of reaction on social media, more so than the other companies. Nothing more, nothing less. It could be the first sign of something to come or nothing at all. This is a discussion forum so people are discussing it. I would guess that you are right that a lot of it was the 499 price and so I wouldn't think it's a sign of something good.

Top Bottom