• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brandwatch: Microsoft took 44% of all conference-related mentions

Hex

Banned
In theory wouldn't it still count if people said they sucked or disappointed?
It is mentions right?
Or is it only positive?

jbug617

Banned
Here is the breakdown. They did count the negatives with Forza revealing a car and the esports commentary.
microsoft-top-moments.png

microsoft-games.png

LKSmash

I am DEFINITELY out of the loop, I don't even remember seeing Assassin's Creed and I watched most of the MS and all of the Sony conferences.

It was on the MS stage so either you zoned out or turned it off at that point.

Here is the breakdown. They did count the negatives with Forza revealing a car and the esports commentary.

Look at Terry killing it lol

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
One thing that jumps out at me:

Look at how many PSVR games are at the bottom of the list. That is not good.

Arklite

Evil Within is way higher than expected, great show. The undead corpse of Skyrim still shambling along in limelight.

It was a fun conference to watch. The production value was high and they showed a ton of games. Problem with having so many games is that I don't remember most of them. Like I forgot that they showed Anthem at the MS conference.

Great job MS. The Xbx1X looks amazing. Anthem was my game of the show. Good to see Metroid Prime, FM7, Ashen, SOT and Spiderman up there too also the announcement of Minecraft crossplay and OG XBX BC announcement was pretty cool.

Man, Square-Enix is really going to regret Life is Strange: Before the Storm. No Ashly Burch, and it's increasingly clear that people are going to confuse it for Life is Strange 2 for months or years, if not forever.

Or else Life is Strange: Before the Storm didn't chart? Maybe?

jelly

What was the positive/negative split...

I watched a bit of the AC footage and got really bored. Maybe the interest was really high with people wanting to see if Ubisoft had done anything worthwhile.

Hindl

Gross. Not for me I guess, but anecdotally none of my friends have even brought up asscreed yet so it surprised me that it was so high on that list let alone first by a long shot.
That's probably just because you and your friends have specific tastes that don't align with it either. My friend group is the same way so I get it. But consider this. In April 2014, before the launch of Unity and Rogue, sales for the series were at 73 million. In 2016, they hit 100 million. So that means between Unity, Syndicate, and Rogue, they sold 27 million copies (not counting people buying previous games in the series during this time, but that's probably small enough to disregard). And Rogue was a direct-to-video last gen game that got no fanfare, and Syndicate was undoubtedly damaged by the utter disaster that was Unity. And those games came out only 1 year apart. Yet it still sold 27 million between the three of them

Myriadis

A little bit surprised about it because I liked it but didn't see it as special but it appears that it has big mainstream appeal.
It's great to see BG&E in the Top 10.

Hero

Was all of it good? Most people I saw were astonished at the price...

Honestly I thought Monster Hunter World would be higher. Even Kirby managed to be higher.

Not surprised AssCreed and Metroid is are the top 2.

Looking good for Capcom already.

Shredderi

I'm pleased how up Metro:exodus is. I'm also pleased how much talk there is for Metroid Prime 4. I want Metroid to come back in a big way. I don't own a nintendo console but I love the franchise and Prime 4 could really pull me over.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Kirby above Monster Hunter World is amazing.

AR15mex

What I found quite impressive is how the hell did Metroid Prime 4 made it to second place with no footage at all!!!???

Hindl

I wish Monster Hunter XX had been shown, only so we could have seen how it vs World performed, social media wise
Probably not great, MH XX was already announced for Switch, plus even if it wasn't it would be just a 3DS port. MH World is a newly announced game finally shifting to HD consoles, which fans have been begging for forever. Not really comparable
What I found quite impressive is how the hell did Metroid Prime 4 made it to second place with no footage at all!!!???
Metroid fans assumed their series was not only not getting a new game, but was forever dead. That teaser was more than enough to spark hope

Fliesen

Well, sure, the conversation was much about Microsoft, but that isn't automatically a good thing.

There's likely plenty of tweets à la "$499? That thing is D.O.A. #MicrosoftE3"

But i agree with the overall sentiment of the Sony conference not being particularly 'exciting'. Spiderman looked great, but nothing i would tweet about. Unlike Nintendo's lineup.

Top Bottom