• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trailer for "The Layover" starring Kate Upton and Alexandra Daddario

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
"sexy Plain Jane" made me laugh

LMAO

Finally a movie about the kind of girl the average gaffer pulls all the time.

"we need a relatable, cute girl-next-door type"

"let's cast someone who is literally one of the the most gorgeous women in Hollywood right now"

"Brilliant!"

This kinda bullshit perpetuates women needing to fight over men. You needn't look farther than the leads trying to show the most cleavage in order to get his attention to know this is sexist. Gorgeous women non-withstanding!

I appreciate you fighting the good fight.

But breasts, tho. GAF is slowly assembling in this thread around breasts like Captain Planet.

GavinUK86

51fpzuJ.gif

I don't know, but I chuckled a few times. Especially at that kid getting caught reading some Overfiend manga.

The setup is old though. Seen this scenario played out on many female led sitcoms over the years.

Nothing I would bother with seeing in theaters, but whew.....

smoothj

I mean.. I'll hit the blunt in the parking lot at the movies, go watch this, and enjoy it with the wife. No complaints.

louiedog

Maybe it was also common in the past and I didn't notice it, but it feels like a lot of comedies these days rely on creating situations where comedy might happen and casting funny people instead of writing anything humorous. This movie seems like that, but without starring funny people.

JWiLL

Banned
Daddario kind of looks like Lake Bell in that image...who actually happens to be incredibly funny.

"Plain Jane" LOL. This will be terrible, but people will still watch because boobs. Then be completely blue balled and disappointed.

Burt

This looks more like something a character William H. Macy plays would make than something William H. Macy would make.

What a relatable premise. I know we all know what it's like having two women who most folks would consider probably the most beautiful in any given room at any given time fight over us. I can't wait to find out how they make comedy out of this common event.

Looked terrible ofc.

Kate Upton lost her glow and gained a couple elle bees. Also lost interest after the icloud incident.

Wish this were Charlotte McKinney instead

louiedog

Has there ever been a comedy starring a woman where she didn't fall down in the trailer? It seems to happen a lot and is always sold as a big laugh. It doesn't happen nearly as much with men.

Bleepey

Daddario is apparently plain.

Oh and lol at Daddario being flat chested. But to be fair, compared to Kate Upton she might as well

Would watch if the two main women were the ladies from Broad City. Or if they were Molly Shannon and someone like Amy Pohler. The two women they have are gorgeous but about as interesting as a brick.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
"Plain Jane" type

casts Alexandra D'Addario

checks out

"Plain Jane" LOL. This will be terrible, but people will still watch because boobs. Then be completely blue balled and disappointed.

I remember reading somewhere that Daddario has a personal rule to not appear nude in films, and will only do nude scenes for TV shows if she's paid well to do it. So it sounds like no nudity is happening here unless its Upton (which I doubt also).

Chumley

Banned
This is pathetic for so many reasons I don't even know where to start.

Like, the whole plot revolves around two women using boobs to get the same guy. That's the fucking plot.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Would watch if the two main women were the ladies from Broad City. Or if they were Molly Shannon and someone like Amy Pohler. The two women they have are gorgeous but about as interesting as a brick.
An episode of Broad City ending with the dude being gay would be 100% funnier than anything that'll be in this movie.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Just looking at this, I can tell its been sitting on a studio shelf for a couple years. Zero promotion before this, looks terrible.

Top Bottom