• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trailer for "The Layover" starring Kate Upton and Alexandra Daddario

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Just looking at this, I can tell its been sitting on a studio shelf for a couple years. Zero promotion before this, looks terrible.
*Looks up*

Yep, filmed in 2015. And apparently Lea Michele was supposed to star as the plain jane right after finishing Glee.

mnannola

This movie's target audience is...who? Bunch of dudes going to see this just because of boobs? Something to take the girlfriend/wife to? I don't get it.

Slacker

This would be an amazing set up for something like a "surprise batman movie." Starts off like you'd expect, then 20 minutes in the characters in the trailer all get killed collateral-damage-style during a bank heist by the Joker. The rest of the movie the Batman tracking his nemesis down.

Wouldn't be a surprise to anyone in this age of information unfortunately but it's fun to think about.

shira

>The film is scheduled to be released on August 3, 2017, through DirecTV Cinema prior to being released in a limited release on September 1, 2017, by Vertical Entertainment.

So direct to ppv and limited theatrical

Seesaw15

Sequel time
eJyNQaT.jpg

No they don't, what you on about?! Do you see better acting potential in them? 😂 This is their lane.

Daddario rocked it in TD, and not for the obvious reasons. I've liked her New Girl appearances too. She's made some garbage movie choices, but she's becoming like the next Judy Greer with the way she's getting pigeonholed.

Kate Upton is sorta take it or leave it, I'll give you that. But this movie looks dumb as fuck.

Daddario isn't in the same league as Greer.

I'm offended by that comparison

Good thing I didn't say she was. Only that she's prone to pigeonholing and casttyping for reasons I don't understand. Greer's far better with her garbage roles, but they're both working with some bad material (although Greer's also been able to snag some better stuff over the last few years).

Dr.Acula

Banned
It's the very down-to-earth, relatable story of a sexy Plain Jane type (Alexandra Daddario)

A whole lot of you are missing on the "Plain Jane" sarcasm. It even says "sexy Plain Jane" right after dropping "down-to-earth" and "relatable story."

Come on, people!

Top Bottom