• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cleaning out my room and found a giant trunk of my old WWF figures

• Thread starter Deleted member 325805
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I used to love these things, and wrestling in general. I had no idea I had so many, there's over 80 of them, and for some reason I have duplicates, I guess family members bought them for me without knowing I had them. They're all 80s - 90s Hasbro figures I think. I just had a look on eBay and they still sell, even in banged up condition so that's a little bit of extra cash.

3hT8oPc.jpg

Who else got nostalgia feels from looking at them? I sure did when I opened the trunk.

I did the same thing a few weeks ago. I was surprised as to how much they go for even out of the package.

EDIT - You have LOD! They were hard to find.

Damn thats a lot of figures. All those old school guys were much more colorful and interesting than today's guys. All seem so bland in comparison. Friggin' Doink man.

shandy706

Hold onto them for like 20 more years and they'll probably be worth a TON of money.

I have complete sets of the big Power Rangers Zords from the 90's and they're worth hundreds of dollars complete now.

It's amazing how much some things from the 80s/90s are worth right now.

(unless you hate keeping things around...then I guess sell them) I'll give you $10 for the lot. X-D

I wish I still had my old WCW and WWf toys. I was too poor to afford many of them but I enjoyed going to my friends house since he had the stage and the toys that played their theme songs when you place their foot on the plate.

DogDude

I used to love these things, and wrestling in general. I had no idea I had so many, there's over 80 of them, and for some reason I have duplicates, I guess family members bought them for me without knowing I had them. They're all 80s - 90s Hasbro figures I think. I just had a look on eBay and they still sell, even in banged up condition so that's a little bit of extra cash.

Who else got nostalgia feels from looking at them? I sure did when I opened the trunk.
Id buy them off you

Yeah, I've got a lot of those. Did you have the ring too? Do you have any of the managers or Mean Gene? Oh man...yeah, definite nostalgia overload.

The larger rubber ones were the best though.

Lol that's what getting older is like. Constantly discovering your old stuff. Although sometimes you have the opposite problem. You might remember something you swore you had but can't find it. In my case I probably donated to Good Will and forgot.

HOLY SHIT that's a collection.

The Lapsed Fan podcast occasionally goes into talks about their old wrestling figures and it's always a blast

I want to see some jobber get a Tombstone piledriver and then pinned Undertaker style! Make it happen OP and I love you long time!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
OK I really need to pack them away and get back to cleaning lol, but first! The classic tag team screw job, the Bushwackers clearly have the win but the Nasty Boys don't fight fair! (the ref was conveniently unconscious off camera after being body blocked, but he awoke just in time for the 3 count).

TKaZ22p.gif

Sephzilla

I look forward to St3v3's weekly action figure wrestling broadcasts.

Having the Nasty Boys go over the Bushwhackers though? Bad booking, friend!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Damn. I nostalgia'd hard. I recognize almost all of those; even if I didn't have them, one of my friends did.

I hated the WCW figures. IIRC they didn't have moveable joints and were kinda rubbery.

Saganator

That's awesome dude. I used to have a lot of those figures, even had the WWF ring to fight in, you just brought back some memories! Wish my mom didn't sell them all off when I was like 13.

Top Bottom