• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cleaning out my room and found a giant trunk of my old WWF figures

• Thread starter Deleted member 325805
  • Start date
Depressing as hell that the majority of those guys are dead now. I've been going through your collection going "OD'd, suicide, cancer," etc, and got myself a nostalgic and sad feeling going on.

I remember loving this thing as a kid:

il_570xN.1115655597_j4y1.jpg

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I remember loving this thing as a kid:

il_570xN.1115655597_j4y1.jpg

I had those too, Hulk and Ultimate Warrior. I had all the foam belts, the plastic belts, WCW and WWF ring, the foam hands from events I went to. I used to wrestle with my friend, it's a surprise we didn't hurt each other jumping off the stairs for the big splash!

bjork

Good times. Some of those are later-era and a little bit tougher to find, and I think I see some Galoob WCW dudes? I miss that era of wrestling toys, they were fun and had cool commercials.

That Kamala is rare IIRC.

It's the moon belly variant that's super tough to find. Only something like 20 known to exist?

Malreyn

Make a youtube series of you acting out famous matches with the toys

This is a real thing OP could consider among youtubers...they play with toys or record their kids "playing" with toys and put it up for the views and get whatever cheap monetization they can when other kids watch this stuff, as it pops up on their feeds along with other related videos like opening boxes of new toys and whatnot

I don't know about you but I don't think I would be able to forget I had those.

Unless I only played them for a short period of time and then got much more toys to play with over the years (but then I was poor :/ ).

Does anyone know the brand of the Taker 2nd row from the bottom and 5 from the left?

3hT8oPc.jpg

Taker was far from my favorite wrestler but holy shit did I love that figure. So many choke slams and clotheslines.

Similarly, I found a box with a bunch of Attitude era action figures, the ring and Titantron in my spare room this past weekend. I kind of don't know what to do with them.

There's also some ECW Dudley Boys figure in there, too.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just so sad I threw away the accessories, I had a pot full of them all but they must have been tossed when I got rid of the broken rings. That's a good £150 on eBay just for the accessories alone.

Kr0ni

Neo Member
These are the only toys I kept from my childhood. You've got a couple I always wanted to get, and will probably get eventually on ebay.

They recently started making these toys again, a different brand is in charge, but they look and behave the same. They made a Cena, Lesnar, Owens, Reigns, Undertaker, and Warrior. I believe the Rock, Kane, and Austin are coming soon.

IMG_20161208_100828.jpg

I never had these, but I had a bunch of those big ass rubber figures. I had the ring for them as well, and the sound they made when they impacted it was perfect. What sucked was that after a couple months of play the paint started rubbing off.

Lol, i had the RING as well. and lots of characters, not as many as you. I remember Jake The Snake, with a little rubber snake that i lost after a few weeks and got sad lol

OK I really need to pack them away and get back to cleaning lol, but first! The classic tag team screw job, the Bushwackers clearly have the win but the Nasty Boys don't fight fair! (the ref was conveniently unconscious off camera after being body blocked, but he awoke just in time for the 3 count).

TKaZ22p.gif

Cheating ass Nasty Boys

witness

I got the ring from this era for Christmas, and then my sister immediately tripped over it that morning and broke theropes. Couldn't use it, devastated. Never got another one either. Would love to have the action figures though still, keep that shit OP!

RedBoot

I had a bunch of these back in the day (still do, though damned if I remember where they are). I actually looked them up on eBay years ago, I remember a few that I had like Andre, Hakeem, and any other figure with the same "special move" as them were particularly rare, probably because they were so prone to breaking.

Anyway, all of mine were broken or at least bashed up since I used to actually play with them, so they wouldn't have sold for much.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Your collection would be the perfect legends roster in 2K.

I haven't watched wrestling in years but I'd buy one with a full legends roster game, preferably on a better engine. I used to love the old school ones, WcW vs NWO, No Mercy, Wrestlemania 2000, Smackdown (I remember it was the first time the Rock actually took off the elbow pad and threw it, before he just did the gesture).

I really liked WWE All Stars, it felt like the older games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP7w27rMwTE

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Does anyone know the brand of the Taker 2nd row from the bottom and 5 from the left?

3hT8oPc.jpg

Taker was far from my favorite wrestler but holy shit did I love that figure. So many choke slams and clotheslines.
cardedunder.JPG

It's a Hasbro figure, like most of the others in the pic.

I had the Undertaker and Ultimate Warrior from that line.

They wrestled Bucky O'hare and Peter Venkman from the Ghostbusters toon among other figures lol.

zerotol

Banned
That Kamala is rare IIRC.

I had the bigger Kamala. The rubber ones that came with a small rolled up poster. Sold all of them on eBay years ago. I saw Kamala wrestle Hulk Hogan in the Tacoma Dome back in 1987 or so. Same with George the Animal Steel vs Randy Macho Man. The British Bulldogs vs The Heart Foundation. I was a big wrestling nerd back then.

Holy shit I had Hulk and Randy Savage and Big Boss Man and at least a few more as a kid, played with them all the time. What a treasure trove you found OP

Had pretty much all of these too. They're all up in a bucket in my parents' attick, likely covered in bat shit.

There are ebay videos about which ones are valuable and which aren't. Most of the valuable ones are one-time runs or weird mistakes... Like Razor Ramone with the black vest is exceedingly more rare than Razor with the purple vest, etc.

I loved those wrestling figures as a kid... And now I look at the ones they produce and I get serious envy. The Hasbro guys from the 1990s were so shitty, with such shitty moves and so few movable parts. The guys now can articulate in like 60 different ways and look awesome.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Had pretty much all of these too. They're all up in a bucket in my parents' attick, likely covered in bat shit.

There are ebay videos about which ones are valuable and which aren't. Most of the valuable ones are one-time runs or weird mistakes... Like Razor Ramone with the black vest is exceedingly more rare than Razor with the purple vest, etc.

I have him with the black vest \o/

Labelled some...

i8bWDqU.png

There's a few I don't know, looks like WCW guys using a generic pose. Didn't think Hasbro made those ones, I think they're from an extra non-hasbro WCW run or something. Most look like Sting, a couple like WCW-Lex, and then some other non-distinct blonde guys.

*Guy who teamed with Warlord, i think it's the Barbarian but I can't tell. Looks like the generic WCW guy

YJbgk9n.png

Couldn't tell the guy in red originally, but looks like Nailz here.

And that's Rocker Shawn on the left.

I like how Repo man and Smash are coincidentally next to each other. The same wrestler, Mr. Hole in One Barry Darsow.

They're almost all Hasbro, except for the non-distinct WCW guys it looks like, with the generic non-movable poses (from what they look like from afar).

Downhome

Anyone remember my creepy Hulk Hogan doll thread?

I have three of them now and the Rocky one also. They haunt our guest bedroom.

EDIT:

Just noticed it was mentioned above!

Send a PM to Downhome about how you can turn those into some serious cash via eBay.

Seriously.

Haha, it's true. These are highly collectible and I wish I still had mine. These and the old LJN figures are the best ever.

Great stuff bud.

Makes me wish we took better care of our wrestlers, my dad and brothers and I had a massive collection. The little plastic ones, those big rubber ones, those action figure ones from the Attitude era. I recently saw an Andre The Giant one in the blue trunks going for a pretty penny, and remembered our dog chewing on it. Oh well.

DonShula

I had so many of those!

Sold them when I went to college. I'm sure I blew the money on nothing important. There was even a collector market for them back then.

Top Bottom