• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cleaning out my room and found a giant trunk of my old WWF figures

• Thread starter Deleted member 325805
  • Start date
Labelled some...

i8bWDqU.png

There's a few I don't know, looks like WCW guys using a generic pose. Didn't think Hasbro made those ones, I think they're from an extra non-hasbro WCW run or something. Most look like Sting, a couple like WCW-Lex, and then some other non-distinct blonde guys.

*Guy who teamed with Warlord, i think it's the Barbarian but I can't tell. Looks like the generic WCW guy

YJbgk9n.png

Couldn't tell the guy in red originally, but looks like Nailz here.

And that's Rocker Shawn on the left.

I like how Repo man and Smash are coincidentally next to each other. The same wrestler, Mr. Hole in One Barry Darsow.

They're almost all Hasbro, except for the non-distinct WCW guys it looks like, with the generic non-movable poses (from what they look like from afar).

Great work dude!

J2 Cool

They're terrific, the early figures. Super cool collector's items. I was also a big fan of Jakk's rubber ones from about 95-98 or so. They had bendable limbs too (bone-crunching action), and they suddenly went plastic and elongated proportions after that.

Kind of ended it for me, really didn't care for those. That combined with wrestling characters becoming much less interesting.

I remember loving this thing as a kid:

il_570xN.1115655597_j4y1.jpg

These were fucking amazing. Had the Warrior as a kid, brother Hulk. Ran across some last month:

G3bXJZf.jpg

jWrWzT1.jpg

I would never advise a kid sleep with the Bret Hart one. Jake the snake, I'm oddly okay with...

They're terrific, the early figures. Super cool collector's items. I was also a big fan of Jakk's rubber ones from about 95-98 or so. They had bendable limbs too (bone-crunching action), and they suddenly went plastic and elongated proportions after that.

Kind of ended it for me, really didn't care for those. That combined with wrestling characters becoming much less interesting.

These were fucking amazing. Had the Warrior as a kid, brother Hulk. Ran across some last month:

G3bXJZf.jpg

jWrWzT1.jpg

I would never advise a kid sleep with the Bret Hart one. Jake the snake, I'm oddly okay with...

Bret looks like a character from Goldeneye 64.

peaceland

Banned

G3bXJZf.jpg

jWrWzT1.jpg

Bret screwed again.

Nameless

Damn, OP. I had most of those too(still have a handful somewhere) and the ring until the ropes broke. Remember I lost the WWF title and had to make up a storyline where the Million Dollar Championship became the main strap.

Edit also I wanted the Legion if Doom so bad and never could find them.

nnex

Neo Member
Labelled some...

I actually had a few of your question marked figures when I was little. 1st row, 5th from the left is the Z-Man. 2nd row, 4th from the left is Brian Pillman. 3rd row, 4th from the right is Lex Luger. I'm not sure if it's a joke that's over going my head, but "That guy who teamed with..." is Arn Anderson.

ram4638

Neo Member
Labelled some...

i8bWDqU.png

There's a few I don't know, looks like WCW guys using a generic pose. Didn't think Hasbro made those ones, I think they're from an extra non-hasbro WCW run or something. Most look like Sting, a couple like WCW-Lex, and then some other non-distinct blonde guys.

*Guy who teamed with Warlord, i think it's the Barbarian but I can't tell. Looks like the generic WCW guy

YJbgk9n.png

Couldn't tell the guy in red originally, but looks like Nailz here.

And that's Rocker Shawn on the left.

I like how Repo man and Smash are coincidentally next to each other. The same wrestler, Mr. Hole in One Barry Darsow.

They're almost all Hasbro, except for the non-distinct WCW guys it looks like, with the generic non-movable poses (from what they look like from afar).

Those non-moveable ones are the WCW Galoob figures from the early '90s. Couple posts above me has most of them named for you.

The guy in the pink singlet next to Boss Man is Sid, and dude in the black trunks two over from him is Barry Windham.

Also, it looks like you have a mixture of the US and UK releases of those figures, like the Brian Pillman (US release in the bengal tiger print trunks, UK in the blue trunks).

Don't sell them. I would follow a twitter account that was just the OP playing with those figures. You're sitting on a viral video goldmine.

"You won't believe what this grown man does with his action figures..."

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm also curious as to what you're asking for the whole lot.

I'm doing it collection only for now as I don't drive and getting them to the post office would be impossible. If for some reason they don't sell I'll buy some boxes and bundle them in packs of 10 - 15, but I've already had people messaging with interest in buying them all so I don't think that'll be a problem. I'm in the UK, Hertfordshire area.

I'm doing it collection only for now as I don't drive and getting them to the post office would be impossible. If for some reason they don't sell I'll buy some boxes and bundle them in packs of 10 - 15, but I've already had people messaging with interest in buying them all so I don't think that'll be a problem. I'm in the UK, Hertfordshire area.

Ah, I'm in the US any way so shipping would be crazy.

I really shouldn't be buying stuff like that but once in awhile I get on eBay and look up sealed figures, and those WWF kind are ones I look at frequently.

bengraven

Got some action figure selling Groups on Facebook where you can get usually more than eBay if you want. These things would do good.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
A little update, I was planning to sell them all in a joblot collection only as I'm lazy but the buyer backed out once I told him I would be checking the notes with a counterfeit pen, I knew it was strange he wanted to pay in cash, fake £20s are a big problem right now in the UK. So now I'm selling them one by one, just sold my first one (Macho Man for £8). If I can get these all sold it'll allow me to finally upgrade my PC.

I took some model shots of my boys:

I'm not going to lie it's taking awhile to clean them all and photo them, I've been using Surgical Spirit and it works amazingly, getting all the dirt and paint transfer off without damaging the figures at all, some of them look almost new. Comparing my photos to others and they're miles better, most people don't even bother to clean them before listing them on eBay.

Top Bottom