• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: PCGamaer: Ni No Kuni 2 dev teases the original game on PC

Colbert

Banned
Source: http://www.pcgamer.com/ni-no-kuni-2-dev-teases-the-original-game-on-pc/

Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom is launching on PC early next year, but what about the first game? Level-5 are keeping shtum on that front, but CEO Akihiro Hino has hinted that we might, eventually, be able to get our hands on a port of the original JRPG.

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch was released on PS3 in North America and Europe in 2013, with Studio Ghibli and Level 5 combining forces to create one of the console’s most striking JRPGs. But with its successor coming to multiple platforms, it doesn’t seem outside the realm of possibility that Wrath of the White Witch could make the move over to PC too.

When we asked Akihiro Hino about our chances of seeing a PC port, he laughed. “I'll leave that up to your imagination for now, but stay tuned for more official announcements. I'll leave it at that.”

It’s definitely not a no, then.

O man I am hyped right now!

Curse me if old.

Redhood

Hope it happens. Never finished the original. The PS3 version was already a looker and gonna look bonkers on High resolution.

epmode

God, I wish this game had FF12-style gambits or it was was turn based or something. I was really enjoying myself until my party started growing and I had to deal with the miserable AI.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
The game isnt really good but there are probably enough people interested to make it worth on PC (and PS4).

Jyrii

Banned
That would be nice. My PS3 died before I could play it and I didn't really want to buy another one at that stage.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
What do you talk about? Not good?

Yeah, the game is quite overrated....the battle system is horrible, the story while charming is quite basic......the graphics and presentation are the one mayor thing that saved it.

I'm definitely holding off on buying Ni no Kuni for my PS3 library. At least for a little while, in case this does happen. Going to show my support and buy the sequel on Steam as well, of course.

Mifec

They are, but it's interesting that others haven't - that said L5 seems to be open on this which is a bit surprising considering their exploits in cross-media land

Sega Japan and Atlus are the only holdouts left. S-E releasing late ports for double dippers kinda counts I guess.

muteki

I'd love another chance to play it on a more convenient system. I have it on PS3 but can't stand using it anymore.
What do you talk about? Not good?
The game was great for it's time for actually realizing a classic JRPG world in HD without shortcuts, which (afaik) hadn't been done before, but the combat really dragged the game down. It was either a messy slog or a cheese fest with a certain familiar that stomped everything.

Will buy.

It's one of the best games last gen. It's critically acclaimed and sold well.

It's one of those games Neogafers hate.

Serious? Neogaf hated Ni No Kuni? Everyone seems to love the story/visuals but the combat was bad. It's being changed in 2, I wonder why...

silva1991

couldn't disagree more unless we're talking purely on aesthetic merits.

I enjoyed the combat despite of it's flaws. Kinda like how I enjoyed FFXV's combat despite it's obvious flaws when I played it.

I also liked the story, characters and loved the music and the familiars aspect of the game.

You don't really think it's critically acclaimed just because it looks pretty do you?

Serious? Neogaf hated Ni No Kuni? Everyone seems to love the story/visuals but the combat was bad. It's being changed in 2, I wonder why...

I see huge amount of hate for it in these parts. Kinda like with David Cage games.

Durante

The game starts out well, but as with so many JRPGs the pacing is atrocious and the battle system is not sufficiently interesting to support the amount of time you are expected to spend on it.

Still, it's certainly beautiful, and I expect the art style to scale fantastically to higher IQ (where the PS3 really let it down).

Pachael

Sega Japan and Atlus are the only holdouts left. S-E releasing late ports for double dippers kinda counts I guess.

And S-E's not really patching issue, K-T's not really great ports. Capcom is still kinda OK, and Konami is well, hmm.

Most don't do day and date like Namco Bandai too (delays and more delays), and also many don't do PC for new games.

MorshuTheTrader

Neo Member
I couldn't really get into it the first time, but not having to drag my PS3 out would definitely encourage me to give it another try (On PC or PS4).

Twentieth

Hell yes! More excited about this port than the sequel.

Mod support to cut down the grind by 75% and I'm in.
Use Cheat Engine, you can play most most games at any speed you want and change it on the fly with a hotkey or even a button mapped to a controller.

P5Okei5.gif

Top Bottom