• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My girlfriend said black people are niggers and wants poor people to die

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in utter disbelief. I've been with this women for a while now and today is where her true self came out. After a great time at dinner, we walk around Second Avenue holding hands and chatting. I see a homeless man with a table, two chairs, and a chess set. $2 a game the sign says. I get extremely excited and check my wallet for cash and tell her I'd love to play a game. This is when it all started.

She starts yelling at me; telling me that she doesn't want to stand around while I play a quick game of fast chess. So we start to argue and I tell her we are going back to the car. Once in the car, she told me that I was stupid for wanting to play chess with that "stupid homeless nigger". She said this multiple times and each time she gets angrier about it, because I'm telling her to never say such harsh words. Then she goes off on a tangent about how she deals with homeless people all the time at her job and wishes they would all just die.

I took her back to her car and just let with my jaw dropped and utter confusion.

How in the fucking hell in 2017 is this a core belief and a thought process from a 29 year old nurse!? How can this happen? I am so fucking confused. And yes for the record, I have officially ended the relationship.

I'm in complete shock.

Fat4all

Banned
Ve9Y3.gif

jesus

Mediking

Disgusting and disturbing.

Try to reach out to her and point out her racism.

Then... LEAVE HER.

Edit: OP left her. GOOD! But she should still know how racist she was.

Laiza

You mean your ex girlfriend right
Was about to say.

Odd choice of thread title considering you say right in your post that you ended it with her already.

But yeah, this is what we're dealing with. Folks like these aren't exactly rare even in 2017. It's rough.

Papi you gotta leave her ass like yesterday.

Edit: Sorry didn't read the last two lines. I'm sorry about the relationship, but also glad you realized about it soon enough.

I would legitimately consider calling her hospital and informing them what she said, verbatim. The n-word, wishing all homeless people would die, etc.

My dad says the same thing about everyone he encounters while truck driving OP.

"they're all immigrants who can't drive, don't speak English, or sandnword"

The real answer, is that they were always like this, that now they feel emboldened, and people with family members that align with such views will think their loved ones won't ostracize or challenge them for their shitty beliefs.

Now even if you challenged her everyday, if she is anything like my father, you will never change her. That is simply who she is.

A hateful, ignorant piece of shit.

Honestly, if I could cut my family out of my life easily I probably would. Good on you OP, and don't take her back.

Usually I'd never say this.... But you should warn the employer. Not because of the overt racism (though that does play a part) but I can't imagine someone working as a nurse with such a lack of empathy.

Yeah, breaking it off was the right call. That isn't the kind of shit you can or should be willing to work through. It sucks, but it's good you found out before getting really committed.

I'm in utter disbelief. I've been with this women for a while now and today is where her true self came out. After a great time at dinner, we walk around Second Avenue holding hands and chatting. I see a homeless man with a table, two chairs, and a chess set. $2 a game the sign says. I get extremely excited and check my wallet for cash and tell her I'd love to play a game. This is when it all started.

She starts yelling at me; telling me that she doesn't want to stand around while I play a quick game of fast chess. So we start to argue and I tell her we are going back to the car. Once in the car, she told me that I was stupid for wanting to play chess with that "stupid homeless nigger". She said this multiple times and each time she gets angrier about it, because I'm telling her to never say such harsh words. Then she goes off on a tangent about how she deals with homeless people all the time at her job and wishes they would all just die.

I took her back to her car and just let with my jaw dropped and utter confusion.

How in the fucking hell in 2017 is this a core belief and a thought process from a 29 year old nurse!? How can this happen? I am so fucking confused. And yes for the record, I have officially ended the relationship.

I'm in complete shock.

She is your ex now. You have a crazy ex story now that you can tell to another girl you fancy.

Foffy

Banned
Her racism may in fact affect the level of care she gives to the people she hates.

You should absolutely warn her employer.

Duji

I'm in complete shock.

My first question is, were there zero signs of this before? How long have you been dating her?

Her racism may in fact affect the level of care she gives to the people she hates.

You should absolutely warn her employer.
^^ Also this!

That woman is a nurse.

Think about her statement. She "deals with homeless niggers at work all the time" and wishes they would "all just die".

Think about a registered nurse saying that and imagine the damage this one racist woman can do to so many lives, the damage she's likely ALREADY done. She very likely has let her racism be responsible for a human life being in the balance.

Ugh, glad you dumped her like the garbage she is.

Alebrije

You should return and play that $2 dollars chess and say thank you to that homeless since he was the cause you dodged that bullet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom