• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My girlfriend said black people are niggers and wants poor people to die

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qblivion

Make donations to homeless shelters and/or black focused charities and send her the receipt.

Or punch her in the mouth.

Yeah she's a terrible person, but at the same time, you were gonna make her stand around while you played a game of chess in the street?

One game of fast chess; at most 10 minute for not only something that I was highly excited about, but would also help this man eat. Is it really a big ordeal? We had no time constraints. Just out on the town.

As a former homeless person, your sister can fuck off. At least for every hateful person like her, there are 3 three kind people for which without them in wouldn't be there.

Go_Ly_Dow

You dodged a bullet. Wipe your hands clean of her. If she harrasses you then block her.

How long were you two together for? I think I'd notice signs that that from my partner quite quickly since we spend most of our time talking.

Crayolan

Unfortunate to have to discover that someone you've known for (presumably) a long time is actually a terrible person.

Good on you for breaking it off so quickly.

Hey, OP. Guess what?

You said it too.

Your ex is a misguided, confused and simple person, but you proceeded to echo her irrationality in the thread title.

A 'N-word' abbreviation would suffice, just in case future events dictate the necessity of such language. Good on your for breaking up with her, though. I hope she really misses you, is horribly lonely and you one day educate her on the error of her ways.

oxidax

And shes a nurse? For someone who dedicates itself to saving lives thats a very bizarre attitude.

I guess if you broke up her already she didn't really try to come back from that comment and explain herself. But still, that's super shitty.

Good job leaving her.

MartyStu

Make donations to homeless shelters and/or black focused charities and send her the receipt.

Or punch her in the mouth.

Uh, the former is a good suggestion if he wants petty revenge.

The latter is in poor taste. Even as a joke. On several levels.

Just curious, how long did you date her without knowing this stuff?

Because I can't imagine even getting past a first date with someone and not finding out if they voted for Trump or not.

I'm in utter disbelief. I've been with this women for a while now and today is where her true self came out. After a great time at dinner, we walk around Second Avenue holding hands and chatting. I see a homeless man with a table, two chairs, and a chess set. $2 a game the sign says. I get extremely excited and check my wallet for cash and tell her I'd love to play a game. This is when it all started.

She starts yelling at me; telling me that she doesn't want to stand around while I play a quick game of fast chess. So we start to argue and I tell her we are going back to the car. Once in the car, she told me that I was stupid for wanting to play chess with that "stupid homeless nigger". She said this multiple times and each time she gets angrier about it, because I'm telling her to never say such harsh words. Then she goes off on a tangent about how she deals with homeless people all the time at her job and wishes they would all just die.

I took her back to her car and just let with my jaw dropped and utter confusion.

How in the fucking hell in 2017 is this a core belief and a thought process from a 29 year old nurse!? How can this happen? I am so fucking confused. And yes for the record, I have officially ended the relationship.

I'm in complete shock.

See this is the thing RIGHT HERE. This is why people need to go hard in the paint against white supremacy. Someone with her beliefs is in a position where she can dispense medication--she can literally be the reason why someone dies. God knows how many homeless or non homeless black patients have died under her watch. These are people who will not try to teach your child because they think he/she is genetically inferior and is destined to be a failure. This is the doctor that won't prescribe you pain medication. This is the lawyer that won't seriously defend you in court. This is the police officer that will arrest you when you make a complaint. This is the human resources person who won't take your complaints seriously. Also smashes this bullshit narrative I keep seeing where racism is an old white guy thing and "racists will die off" as if it's not possible for them to indoctrinate their kids.

It's extremely easy for someone to say "white supremacy is a klan person or a neo-nazi with a swastika tattoo" I bet this woman doesn't even say "yes I'm a racist", because a racist is someone who is cartoonishly evil. Not someone who thinks they're normal and just happens to use the n word every now and again. Watching this thread like a hawk, I have a suspicion that someone will try to tell OP he overreacted by dumping her and should "educate her" or otherwise try to be sympathetic

EYEL1NER

Good on you for ending it quick. I'm kinda bummed that the homeless guy didn't make $2 off of you and that you didn't get to enjoy a quick game of chess though. Did he hear her start yelling at you about not wanting to wait for you while you played? Man, as soon as the n-bomb started dropping in the car, I woulda been like "Get out of my car, find your own way home, I'm gonna go play some chess" and gone back and given him like a fiver, said sorry, and played a game.

Buckle

How in the fucking hell in 2017 is this a core belief and a thought process from a 29 year old nurse!? How can this happen? I am so fucking confused. And yes for the record, I have officially ended the relationship.

I'm in complete shock.
Used to wonder the same thing, thought all this would be a much less bigger issue as all the idiots start to die off but nope.

Came to the realization that will never happen. Evil finds a way to keep going, people train their kids to be just as much of an asshole as they are and politicians fuel the flames.

Most we can do is keep pushing back against it.

ironmang

Yeah she's a terrible person, but at the same time, you were gonna make her stand around while you played a game of chess in the street?

I don't see anything wrong with that. I'm sure there's plenty of shit he would do for her that take a lot longer and require more effort than standing there for a quick game of chess.

One game of fast chess; at most 10 minute for not only something that I was highly excited about, but would also help this man eat. Is it really a big ordeal? We had no time constraints. Just out on the town.

No it isn't. I would have waited if my SO wanted to do something like this. NBD.

I feel like the many GAFfers doesn't know how relationships work. Or are in bad ones.

Anyway good on you OP. Found a crazy loony ex. Now go play chess with that man. He might be pretty good at it.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
You should return and play that $2 dollars chess and say thank you to that homeless since he was the cause you dodged that bullet.

Shit, I'd buy that man dinner.

And make the ex gf watch, too.

She sounds like a keeper.

If you're a nazi.

I7VsZuL.gif

WarLox

Hey, OP. Guess what?

You said it too.

Your ex is a misguided, confused and simple person, but you proceeded to echo her irrationality in the thread title.

A 'N-word' abbreviation would suffice, just in case future events dictate the necessity of such language. Good on your for breaking up with her, though. I hope she really misses you, is horribly lonely and you one day educate her on the error of her ways.

Yeah, I found it weird that he didn't say n-word or something to that effect... but to type it out twice no less... I would love you see him explain why he chose to do that.

Go_Ly_Dow

About 2 1/2 months. First sign was this week regarding loving Trump and thinking he did a good job about the Charlet incident.

Nothing to lose then. 2.5 months is the beginning of the getting to know each other stage. You got to know her better and she turned out to be someone who holds awful values. My advice would be to try not to ponder over it and not to engage with in any contact now and going forward. Ever.

Uhhh... alotta people hide their true feelings about stuff....

Oh yeah of course, that's a part of human nature.

Good on you for ending it quick. I'm kinda bummed that the homeless guy didn't make $2 off of you and that you didn't get to enjoy a quick game of chess though. Did he hear her start yelling at you about not wanting to wait for you while you played? Man, as soon as the n-bomb started dropping in the car, I woulda been like "Get out of my car, find your own way home, I'm gonna go play some chess" and gone back and given him like a fiver, said sorry, and played a game.

No he didn't hear anything and she didn't start dropping the N bomb until the car.

Yeah, I found it weird that he didn't say n-word or something to that effect... but to type it out twice no less... I would love you see him explain why he chose to do that.

I should have used quotes. I do not in any fashion ever say this word.

Mediking

How do you spend a fair amount of time with someone and not figure out she might say something like that? o_O

Just curious, how long did you date her without knowing this stuff?

Because I can't imagine even getting past a first date with someone and not finding out if they voted for Trump or not.

Just gonna say again that alotta people hide their true feelings about stuff all the time...

Alienous

Hey, OP. Guess what?

You said it too.

There's no need to shy away from the ugliness of the word. We all know what it is, and it isn't Voldermort.

OP didn't "say it too". He relayed her use of language without sugar-coating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom