• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh’s Final DLC, Bloodshed’s End, Launches September 26

crimilde

Banned
36237029604_69f56b871c_b.jpg

37071932955_2026d19004_h-755x425.jpg

36875623026_a03da252a6_z.jpg

Other than additional main missions, sub missions and Twilight missions, one of the most interesting features of Bloodshed’s End is a new mode called The Abyss. Here, the strongest warriors can test their skills in a perpetual battleground.

This new mode offers epic battles and unique challenges for the most skilled players. We’ll have more to reveal on this mode before launch.

As always, this DLC will provide you with the usual suspects to complete your Nioh experience — new Yokai, new characters, a new difficulty level and new Guardian Spirits.

You have fought well against insurmountable odds, slain countless deadly Yokai, defied death again and again… but there remains one more brutal trial. I hope you will celebrate the final chapter of the remarkable Sengoku era with Bloodshed’s End, launching September 26 for $9.99 (or for free if you own a Nioh season pass).

More at the link: https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...ed-dlc-bloodsheds-end-arrives-26th-september/

Drain my stamina if old.

Soar

You meant Ki. :)

Looks fantastic. The bird yokai hits all the right spots. Unfortunately they did not mention any weapon types so will just assume none, with the Abyss as a replacement.

Can't wait to play DLC2 and 3 in a go.

How's been the DLCs so far ? I finished the game but it was a drain on me.

I kind of want more but I don't want more difficulty haha

crimilde

Banned
You meant Ki. :)

Looks fantastic. The bird yokai hits all the right spots. Unfortunately they did not mention any weapon types so will just assume none, with the Abyss as a replacement.

Can't wait to play DLC2 and 3 in a go.

Stamina is Ki ;)
I'm okay with no new weapons, I always end up reverting back to dual swords either way. At least the new enemies look proper frightening to fight against.

HYDE

Banned
Any mention of a Definitive Edition or Complete Edition that includes all the DLCs yet?

GHG

Did PVP ever make it into the game? Or am I late on this one?

Not played this since way back in March.

crimilde

Banned
How's been the DLCs so far ? I finished the game but it was a drain on me.

I kind of want more but I don't want more difficulty haha

The difficulty is certainly higher in the DLC, but they're pretty fun. Basically a whole new area to explore with new enemies and weapon types. 2-3 main missions and about the same number of side missions.

Oh shit, maybe I should jump back in then.

How does it stack up to the souls series on the PVP front?

It's kind of like samurai matches where you get points and there's 3 rounds if I remember well. I haven't played it a lot since I got pretty much destroyed lol.

Murman

I hope the next tier of gear isn't rng garbage like ethereal gear.

Bring it on though! I'll at least get to play this once depending on how much it changes.

Alastor3

new mode called The Abyss. Here, the strongest warriors can test their skills in a perpetual battleground.

I hope it's not another 1vs1 PVP mode, because the PVP in this game is freaking broken seriously, everyone use the same f-ing technique, you can never do a proper 1vs1 sword fight in it.

MattAces

And Clan Battles I guess. But yeah the game's totally worth it in single player mode. I just did co-op to farm some glory for the Tome skin.

I go co-op just to help out others. Never once invited someone else into my game, you really dial down the difficulty a lot by playing co-op since most people are extremely high level now.

Raw64life

Passed on this game but only because I've had too much other shit to play. I'm hoping for a complete edition of some sort next year.

crimilde

Banned
I go co-op just to help out others. Never once invited someone else into my game, you really dial down the difficulty a lot by playing co-op since most people are extremely high level now.

That's true, I needed help for a DLC boss once and the person I summoned was incredible. Took off half of the boss' health bar with a cannon shot and then a couple of sword swings later, it was done. I haven't summoned anyone else since, I just help others too.

Wasn't expecting to see the new DLC so soon. I hope it has more main missions than DLC 2 did...

The new screens look cool though, and I'm looking forward to the Abyss mode.

Espada

September 26? I'll make sure I have all my buffs and talismans up in preparation for the big day.

I loved the base game, Dragon of the North, and Defiant Honor. If this one is as good as those two, I'm ready for it. Nioh has been a phenomenal ride, from way back in the alpha until now. Shame that there doesn't seem to be a new weapon type, but this Abyss mode sounds like a straight up Bloody Palace type of affair. Can you imagine that co-op with a pal? Phew.

Yeah lucebruce12, Nioh is an incredibly substantial single player title. The multiplayer stuff is just nice icing on the cake.

IvorB

Sounds great. Hoping for some kind of bundle to play all the DLC in one go. Looking forward to returning to Nioh.

gdt

That's my que to start playing these DLCs. I have the season pass but waited till they were all out.

Goddamn 2017.

This has been on my list to play all year, and still haven't gotten there.

Might as well wait for GOTY at this point.

Separate from DLC, have there been improvements/patches to the game? I feel like I read about a few quirks or annoyances when it was out (and i honestly don't even remember what they were) and wondering if that stuff has been mostly patched?

Is the big knock still that it's repetitive?

Are the Nioh DLCs any harder than the base game?

I can beat the base game, but I don't think something harder would be enjoyable for me.

As always, this DLC will provide you with the usual suspects to complete your Nioh experience — new Yokai, new characters, a new difficulty level and new Guardian Spirits.

Did they ever fix the absurdly low amrita gain in the last difficulty level (Wise)?

I remember it being super low, and gave up on leveling beyond 450 after the Three Souls mission was patched.

Are the Nioh DLCs any harder than the base game?

I can beat the base game, but I don't think something harder would be enjoyable for me.

Yes, but not overwhelmingly so. Way of the Demon (NG++) is where it starts getting masochistic, and even then it's mostly in the wave-based/dojo missions.

You'll learn to hate this fucker though:

namahage.png

deim0s

Another "Way of the Wang" difficulty level?

Man, I do hope they add something to enable the regions for new difficulties - playing again on the old maps is time consuming.

Yes, but not overwhelmingly so. Way of the Demon (NG++) is where it starts getting masochistic, and even then it's mostly in the wave-based/dojo missions.
The base game is already pretty near to the point where difficulty stops being fun and starts being frustrating for me (and it in fact crosses the line sometimes) so maybe it's best for me to avoid the DLCs altogether.

crimilde

Banned
Goddamn 2017.

This has been on my list to play all year, and still haven't gotten there.

Might as well wait for GOTY at this point.

Separate from DLC, have there been improvements/patches to the game? I feel like I read about a few quirks or annoyances when it was out (and i honestly don't even remember what they were) and wondering if that stuff has been mostly patched?

Is the big knock still that it's repetitive?

We're on version 1.16 now, yeah, they've been constantly working on the QoL with regular patches.

Auctopus

Looking forward to playing this but I'm waiting for the GOTY edition. I wonder how long after this DLC it will release.

Did they ever fix the absurdly low amrita gain in the last difficulty level (Wise)?

I remember it being super low, and gave up on leveling beyond 450 after the Three Souls mission was patched.
I believe they significantly increased it in 1.16 (same patch that gave us Dojo PVP).

Top Bottom