• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh’s Final DLC, Bloodshed’s End, Launches September 26

FiveSide

Banned
GAF, I have Nioh unopened on my shelf, I just finished Prey, am about to finish Gravity Rush 2, and then Nioh is scheduled for next.

I see that this DLC is another fairly substantial amount of content, just like the first one was. Is this a From Software sort of scenario where I should wait for the GOTY edition because of the quality of the DLC so far? Or is the base game already strong enough, to the point where I'm not missing anything essential by playing it before picking up the DLC.

As opposed to, say, Bloodborne, where the DLC honestly felt like the centerpiece of the entire game and was definitely the highlight.

GAF, I have Nioh unopened on my shelf, I just finished Prey, am about to finish Gravity Rush 2, and then Nioh is scheduled for next.

I see that this DLC is another fairly substantial amount of content, just like the first one was. Is this a From Software sort of scenario where I should wait for the GOTY edition because of the quality of the DLC so far? Or is the base game already strong enough, to the point where I'm not missing anything essential by playing it before picking up the DLC.

As opposed to, say, Bloodborne, where the DLC honestly felt like the centerpiece of the entire game and was definitely the highlight.

Well, the difference between the way Nioh's dlc works and the way Souls games' dlc works is that you have to beat all of Nioh's base story to get access to the first dlc. Then you have to beat the first dlc to get access to the second, etc. This is because the game's plot continues from the base game directly into the first dlc, and so on and so forth.

So you may as well play now, because it's not like Souls where it'll add areas you can go to throughout the earlier parts of the game.

xuchu

Surprised this is releasing so soon. I love this game but I was disappointed with the last dlc. I really hope they don't add another difficulty and, god forbid, another rarity tier. The last difficulty wasn't even hard, it's just so so tedious having to essentially do 75% of the main missions and side missions to unlock the last tier of missions on the progression bar, there simply isn't enough interesting content for 2/3 playthroughs let alone 5.

Really hope whatever weapon they add is more thought out than tonfa were (yes, i played with them extensively and tried to make them work), they were interesting in concept but so incredibly weak in terms of ki damage that it felt like they were designed for a different game. Tracking was horrid too. Still baffled by the decision to lock away the most damaging skill behind one particular tonfa.

Still love the game but man some of these decisions are so baffling and they aren't doing themselves any favours in terms of enemy variety complaints when they'll add two new enemies and a few reskins.

Bloodshed mode sounds interesting but could also just be endless gank spank waves. Sometimes it works well in Nioh, sometimes it doesn't.

Ogawa-san

Man, I didn't even go through the second DLC yet. I should go back to it before the new one comes ou--

a new difficulty level

XujHL.gif

The new mode does nothing for me either, considering every fucking sidemission in WotD and beyond is a horde mode already.

FiveSide

Banned
Well, the difference between the way Nioh's dlc works and the way Souls games' dlc works is that you have to beat all of Nioh's base story to get access to the first dlc. Then you have to beat the first dlc to get access to the second, etc. This is because the game's plot continues from the base game directly into the first dlc, and so on and so forth.

So you may as well play now, because it's not like Souls where it'll add areas you can go to throughout the earlier parts of the game.

Cool. I'll probably start it right after I finish Grav Rush then.

Milijango

So much atmosphere in those images, I like it. Disappointing if there really is no new weapon - I know they're adding a new mode but the past DLCs were lean for the price point already. I still have high hopes for this as the level design has been good in these past two but please, more yokai less samurai.

How's been the DLCs so far ? I finished the game but it was a drain on me.

I kind of want more but I don't want more difficulty haha
I wanted to know this as well. I kind of sped through the last bit of the game and just wore myself out.

Did they do anything about loot? It felt so overwhelming to get 100's of equipment and having to go through it all and end up with maybe 2-3 good items.

Don't know what happened because I fell in love with game during beta since I only got to play a tiny bit of the Alpha. I played it all day but the game itself felt like so much work.

Eusis

Its way more fun in co op.
I think it's good to give it a serious shot on normal single player but to call in help when you want it (though I guess two friends playing at roughly identical levels together is different), but for higher difficulties it's probably going to be a lot more about needing to get that awesome gear, so you'll probably want to get people to drag you through the stages to forge better stuff and ultimately get good Amrita to level.

KZObsessed

Just completed this game finally, thought it was great overall. Should I go through Way of the Strong and get divine weapons 150 (+10) or get the first DLC? Is there a new tier of weapons in the DLC that makes the divine farming a waste of time? Thanx.

Baalzebup

Just completed this game finally, thought it was great overall. Should I go through Way of the Strong and get divine weapons 150 (+10) or get the first DLC? Is there a new tier of weapons in the DLC that makes the divine farming a waste of time? Thanx.
The second DLC includes a new tier of quality called Ethereal, but they only drop in the Way of the Wise, the 4th difficulty that was also introduced in said DLC. You'll need to clear Way of the Strong and Way of the Demon to get access to them.

Before the DLC drops, I will farm Marobashi ad nauseum so I can have a headstart when the DLC drops and raises Guardian spirit and character level caps.
The new difficulty is going to be a real bitch, seeing how it was in WotW :/ Though I'm curious to see how much Marobashi will give then :D I'd appreciate something like 10 billion per run, seeing we already get 2 billion in WotW.

KZObsessed

The second DLC includes a new tier of quality called Ethereal, but they only drop in the Way of the Wise, the 4th difficulty that was also introduced in said DLC. You'll need to clear Way of the Strong and Way of the Demon to get access to them.

Aah thanks. I think I might leave it for now and come back when there's a deal on the season pass. Don't think I have it in me to replay the game another 2 times. Think I'll play Yakuza 0 next.

Fandangox

They have introduced new enemies in every DLC so far, yeah. but they can only be encountered in the DLC missions.

Nioh 2!

Well not exactly, on the higher difficulties you start seeing the new DLC enemies on early maps. Like for example, the ninja dogs introduced on the second DLC show up on the very first mission (after the prologue one) on Way of the Wise.

crimilde

Banned
Well not exactly, on the higher difficulties you start seeing the new DLC enemies on early maps. Like for example, the ninja dogs introduced on the second DLC show up on the very first mission (after the prologue one) on Way of the Wise.

Oh nice I had no idea. I'm still doing the Way of the Strong.

crimilde

Banned
Some new images that were shared on the game's Facebook page:

Another war was on the horizon, and broke out a mere six months after the winter campaign. Yodogimi used Hideyoshi's heritage to employ numerous ronin, with the intention of preparing for battle against Ieyasu. It was said that alongside the ever-increasing number of ronin in Osaka Castle was an equally large supply of spirit stones, with a foreign woman overseeing the entire operation.

Yodogimi

Toyotomi Hideyori

Maria

I'm properly excited about this.

Truant

Good to see Team Ninja supporting this. Never managed to beat the first boss, but the mechanics were spot on. Should probably retry some time.

xuchu

Edit: So this is considered a spoiler...?

Not really, but some people are sensitive to anything these days. Great surprise though. Was expecting it since vanilla release. Hopefully he and Maria will have skins and they won't be stupidly expensive in terms of glory.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Oh shit, maybe I should jump back in then.

How does it stack up to the souls series on the PVP front?

It's shit. Completely broken matchmaking and even buggy (this bug happens all the time). It's very disappointing. :(

Yodogimi

Maria
So good. They better have skins of these badass ladies!
And I continue to be (pleasantly) shocked at how tasteful the female characters are depicted. Thanks, Team Ninja, for having class in this game. <3

crimilde

Banned
So good. They better have skins of these badass ladies!
And I continue to be (pleasantly) shocked at how tasteful the female characters are depicted. Thanks, Team Ninja, for having class in this game. <3

Yup! I'm currently using the Tome skin. Sadly, when Maria was introduced in the DLC they didn't add her skin as far as I remember, but one can hope. I'd looooove to play as her.

This game never goes on sale. I skipped it b/c too busy at launch and it's still $60. Crazy.

Hoping for a bundle with season pass sometime.

Top Bottom